Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Feck them all, I hope they're dying :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Absolutely dying, worst hangover Ive had in a while. Managed to bag a ticket for Croker on Saturday, the buzz about the place was unreal. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,862 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dancor wrote: »
    Absolutely dying, worst hangover Ive had in a while. Managed to bag a ticket for Croker on Saturday, the buzz about the place was unreal. :D

Must've been embarrassing when you realised the match wasn't until Sunday. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

I just got quized about not following the gaa. Than asking why I do the trainning with kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

cena wrote: »
    I just got quized about not following the gaa. Than asking why I do the training with kids.

God, sounds like the county board in Galway are investigating the why we were so bad this year.
    Seriously what dickhead asked you that

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    God, sounds like the county board in Galway are investigating the why we were so bad this year.
    Seriously what dickhead asked you that

Some girl I know put up a photo from the ploughing championship of colm copper fro kerry. I didn't know who he was. So I asked, as she said he was her idol. Her sister replied sayin greatest man in gaa and I replied I don.t follow the gaa. Im more of an ice hockey, American football fan.

I did play gaa sports whe I was younger

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Never really got American Football. Ice hockey seems all right though, or at the very least the best of the sports popular in the US.

Many people don't like nfl just cause of its slow peace

Yeah, I find it extremely stop-start, that's a fair bit to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'll be honest with ya cena and tell you that there's a good chance she doesn't know her Tom Flynns from her James Regans. Snobby GAA people are the worst thing about it.

The one thing that annoys me about NFL are the Irish-types who've watched it for 2 years at most and are experts now. I can't remember ever watching an exciting game but that's on my end moreso than NFL.

• Advertisement

I'll be honest with ya cena and tell you that there's a good chance she doesn't know her Tom Flynns from her James Regans. Snobby GAA people are the worst thing about it.

The one thing that annoys me about NFL are the Irish-types who've watched it for 2 years at most and are experts now. I can't remember ever watching an exciting game but that's on my end moreso than NFL.

I don't know all about the NFL. I know the basics.
    She is one of these gaa people that thinks she is better than everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

If Colm Cooper is your hero you've got some living to do!

Tbf Gooch is the Totti of gaelic football. But I can barely stomach watching that stuff much anymore whereas I do always enjoy Hurling.
    Watching second captains McDevitt must be getting paid by the number for the amount of times he mentions Dublin winning the sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

GTR63 wrote: »
    Tbf Gooch is the Totti of gaelic football. But I can barely stomach watching that stuff much anymore whereas I do always enjoy Hurling.
    Watching second captains McDevitt must be getting paid by the number for the amount of times he mentions Dublin winning the sam.

Are you comparing him to Francesco Totti :eek:

Francesco-Totti-Roma-Forever.jpg

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are you comparing him to Francesco Totti :eek:

Francesco-Totti-Roma-Forever.jpg

Yup cause when everything around him is in chaos or is plainly crap he still stands out as a class act.
    No Cooper
    No Party

Anyone know if blu rays are region free

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Anyone know if blu rays are region free

Technically, no. But it depends on the individual disc. It's up to the providers weather or not they actually use region codes. Some are, some aren't.

Its a u.s import on amazon

Its a u.s import on amazon

It should say on it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ye all enjoying the black stuff today

• Advertisement

Nah, I've never really been a fan of Guinness, or stouts in general.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I love American Football. It's slow, yes, but that's the point. It's about strategy and tactics, like a game of chess. The excitement is in how the players line out and the strategic bursts. It's great, and I'd love to go to a proper game one day.

I think I'll stick with rugby.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

NFL is overly complicated and slowed down, for advertising reasons of course. Theres a reason its a niche market outside of the USA. Doesnt hold a candle to the speed and ferocity of rugby.

I love American Football. It's slow, yes, but that's the point. It's about strategy and tactics, like a game of chess. The excitement is in how the players line out and the strategic bursts. It's great, and I'd love to go to a proper game one day.

Ya I would love to go to a game some day. Last time i was in ny cousin wanted to bring me but tickets go fast

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Prefer college ball in the states myself, could never get over the idea of stopping play for commercials etc in Pro ball

If there's one thing that WWE has taught me, it's that Americans love their ad breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Tinie wrote: »
    NFL is overly complicated and slowed down, for advertising reasons of course. Theres a reason its a niche market outside of the USA. Doesnt hold a candle to the speed and ferocity of rugby.

I don't like NFL ether but I dunno if its a niche sport anymore, it's quite big in the uk and over here as well.

The NFL Wembley game always packs out.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    The NFL Wembley game always packs out.

Isnt that a one off game?

WWE and TNA sell out 99% of the time in here and the UK, because it's usually only once a year. If they were here every week you can guarantee the sales would plummet.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Isnt that a one off game?

WWE and TNA sell out 99% of the time in here and the UK, because it's usually only once a year. If they were here every week you can guarantee the sales would plummet.

No two games been played this year. They do be over at least once a year to play a game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement