Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of fuel in Co.Wexford..Where's the cheapest/dearest fuel?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

vicwatson wrote: »
    Who is the petrol station so we can avoid it?

If they are accepting responsibility it's not Libel.

If you want to read all about it , then go to Facebook page '' wexford buying and selling '' ( the one with 14,000 likes )

It was posted there

• Registered Users Posts: 43 wolverette

There is also an article about it in this week's New Ross Echo too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

If you want to read all about it , then go to Facebook page '' wexford buying and selling '' ( the one with 14,000 likes )

It was posted there

Not on facebook otherwise I'd have looked it up.

Thanks for assistance :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

jca wrote: »
    Tesco New Ross according to fb.

What's the story with the Tesco petrol station does anyone know? I've past by there four times in the last week and I haven't seen one car in the forecourt ! Is it still open?

All meters / scales are calibrated and certified by Legal Metrology /NSAI

Maybe they need to create some jobs and increase the frequency of checks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 JR Ewing

Just to let you guys know- consumer oil prices are falling back at the moment. A strengtening Euro & a little more diplomatic harmony over Syria have helped to bring prices down slightly.

The price of oil to the public actually now changes each and every night as almost all suppliers have moved to "daily pricing" but you should see redutions filtering through for kerosene, MGO, petrol & diesel before the end of the week.

A realistic price today for oil products (from legitimate source) would be approx:

€1.499 Road Diesel
    €1.549 Petrol
    €870-880 1000 kerosene
    €930-935 Low Sulphur MGO

But unless you need some urgently I would wait until Wed or thereabouts as the price should be reduced by then. Good news for a change!

Back on topic - Mate of mine was asking me at the weekend where is the best deal on Briquettes and Smoky coal in the county at moment, he's not a boardsie? Anyone any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Back on topic - Mate of mine was asking me at the weekend where is the best deal on Briquettes and Smoky coal in the county at moment, he's not a boardsie? Anyone any idea?

I stuck a post on the solid fuel thread in BA,can pm you a number if you want.

On topic,petrol @ Top,Island Rd. 159.9,Diesel 152.9 - cheapest in Enniscorthy.They dropped the price within the last day or so,the usual suspects are still at 161.9 to 163.9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Best prices aroud Gorey ATM. Applegreen; Petrol 156.8, Diesel 148.8. Great Gas ; 158.9,148.9. Mace, Courtown; 157.9, 149.9.

Petrol seems to be on the way down again, diesel not so much. In Dublin today prices were up to 4c cheaper than same time last week. You wonder is it a good thing so close to the budget, it gives Noonan an excuse to slap more excise on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

bmaxi wrote: »
    Petrol seems to be on the way down again, diesel not so much. In Dublin today prices were up to 4c cheaper than same time last week. You wonder is it a good thing so close to the budget, it gives Noonan an excuse to slap more excise on it.

Exactly. . Same old same old.

Exactly. . Same old same old.

People complain when the price goes up BUT it is incredible to hear complaints when the price has taken a huge 4c per litre fall? Simply incredible- what would make you guys happy?

The recent falls which I had flagged in posts to other threads were directly as a result of a weakening dollar, more peaceable reports from the Syria/Russis/USA situation and production increases from 100,000bpd to over 400,000 bpd in Libya. Word of warning though as prices have risen sharply this morning with news that quantitive easing is to be maintained in USA- we expect schedule/wholesale market prices to begin to increase from early next week.

With regard to excise on petrol- yes it is a pain in the ass but if it is any consolation it is still cheaper here than in The UK (considering kerosene etc is much cheaper in sterling).

Personally if I were to have a complaint it is that there are very few alternatives available to people other than using their car (this excuse is less so if you live in Dublin where you have bus & LUAS options in some cases). A more advanced and modern commuter train & bus service (like The UK) would give far more people the option of using public transport rather than using expensive petrol. You also have to factor in lazy sods like me who drive to work & park in the free office car park because it is simply handier than having to wait on a bus, and walk the 750m from the bus stop to the office door- would be cheaper for me to take public transport but I spend the extra on petrol for handiness and independence. Even with the infrastructure which we have at the moment IF it was operated efficiently would be of benefit & saving to many commuters- seeing as how the State has to prop up huge loss making dinosaurs such as Dublin Bus. The sooner it is privatised the better for everyone as efficency and cost savings will be available to everyone.

Anyone else any ideas on what the Govt could do to improve public transport or reduce motoring costs for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

People complain when the price goes up BUT it is incredible to hear complaints when the price has taken a huge 4c per litre fall? Simply incredible- what would make you guys happy?

I thought jca was referring to bmaxi's Noonan/budget theory... not complaining about a 4c drop.

jpb1974 wrote: »
    I thought jca was referring to bmaxi's Noonan/budget theory... not complaining about a 4c drop.

As did I. I think JCA is referring to the fact that while fluctuating markets may give us a break sometimes, the pricks in suits in Leinster House never will.

Yea thats what I meant. Anyway no sign of any price drops around Enniscorthy,

Seems to be gone down to 156.9 locally New Ross , but still 157.9 in Waterford / Tramore

153.8 in Ferns for petrol and 147.8 for diesel,Camolin is the same.

Maxol Enniscorthy is 160.9 for petrol.:eek:

157.9 @ Donohoes Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Paid €146.9 for diesel in Camolin, petrol listed as €151.9
    Petrol is cheaper in Dublin city than it is in Enniscorthy, which is quite strange. Why are petrol & diesel dearer in Enniscorthy?

RKQ wrote: »
    Paid €146.9 for diesel in Camolin, petrol listed as €151.9
    Petrol is cheaper in Dublin city than it is in Enniscorthy, which is quite strange. Why are petrol & diesel dearer in Enniscorthy?

The whole point of this thread I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

The whole point of this thread I think.

That's probably true, but the difference in price is rarely so blatant as 9 cent per litre. The idea that petrol prices are not set is very hard to believe, given Enniscorthy is the dearest place in Leinster this weekend.

• Advertisement

RKQ wrote: »
    That's probably true, but the difference in price is rarely so blatant as 9 cent per litre. The idea that petrol prices are not set is very hard to believe, given Enniscorthy is the dearest place in Leinster this weekend.

They are set, they're set by market forces. In Gorey the Applegreen and Great Gas seem to have a bit of competition going which keeps prices down and there are four stations within a quarter mile radius but there's still 4c difference between Applegreen and Maxol.

159.9 @ Old Dublin Road,I asked the woman behind the counter why the price was 8c more than just a few minutes up the road,she was genuinely shocked and said she'd put it to the manager.

A good time to buy?

If petrol goes up by 1c per litre, it will cost me an extra 20c PER WEEK in petrol for what I buy.

1c/litre might be a lot for the travelling salesman to bear perhaps.

But to Joe soap it all means diddly in the scale of things.

A good time to buy?

If petrol goes up by 1c per litre, it will cost me an extra 20c PER WEEK in petrol for what I buy.

1c/litre might be a lot for the travelling salesman to bear perhaps.

But to Joe soap it all means diddly in the scale of things.

I think he might mean heating oil or bulk buyers of green/road diesel.

I think he might mean heating oil or bulk buyers of green/road diesel.

Not sure, see post 413

Not sure what county you are in Mr Ewing , but in Co Wexford/Waterford , a 5c price reduction has not been passed on to consumers since Sept 1st

Yep.. haven't seen any decrease in prices this month at all, only increases e.g. Diesel has risen from 148.9 to 149.9 in AppleGreen Bunclody in the past 2 weeks.

JR Ewing wrote: »

1c per litre might not mean much to you Vicwatson but the general public are so price sensitive for petrol/oil/diesel purchases 1c is actually quite a lot.

Nah not true.

The FAR majority of motorists go the shops, to work, to footie training, to whatever etc etc and a 1c difference means diddly to them over the year.

On average I buy about 35 litres of diesel a week to get up and down to work plus other odds and ends.

So over 52 weeks that's 1820 litres a year.

Taking a simplistic view.. a 1 cent drop would be €18.20 saving a year, or 35c a week.. nothing major I'm afraid, wouldn't get me excited.

• Advertisement

Nah not true.

The FAR majority of motorists go the shops, to work, to footie training, to whatever etc etc and a 1c difference means diddly to them over the year.

In a household that uses a 60 litre tank per week and uses 1,500 litres of kerosene in their heating- a 1c means over €55 p/a if you look at the best buying times this saving could be increased beyond €200 p/a (over 4c per litre) which is not be sneezed at.

Advertisement