Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of fuel in Co.Wexford..Where's the cheapest/dearest fuel?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

paulaa wrote: »
    Maybe or maybe they didn't order in time for delivery. Who knows !!

like i said, 2nd time i saw it happening, both times with rock bottom prices. How hard would it be just to delete the advertised price until they have it sorted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Murtinho wrote: »
    like i said, 2nd time i saw it happening, both times with rock bottom prices. How hard would it be just to delete the advertised price until they have it sorted?

Cash flow problems maybe? Campus like to be paid on a weekly basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

That's another reason jca but I didn't like to say

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Oil prices have been falling but retailers are slow to follow,many around the county actually rose their prices & now are cutting them.An old trick to fool us drivers.It's a bit like supermarkets rising their prices before a sale.

157.9 at Drinagh for petrol & 160.9 in Maxol,Enniscorthy who mysteriously rose their price while the other petrol stations around the town dropped theirs.

155.9 for petrol at Donohoes,Hempfield,cheapest in Enniscorthy.147.9 for diesel.

The gas thing is that Topaz wanted them to add a cent to the price as they were "selling it too cheaply".Topaz couldn't understand that being the cheapest in town meant more customers and higher volumes of sales.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    155.9 for petrol at Donohoes,Hempfield,cheapest in Enniscorthy.147.9 for diesel.

The gas thing is that Topaz wanted them to add a cent to the price as they were "selling it too cheaply".Topaz couldn't understand that being the cheapest in town meant more customers and higher volumes of sales.

I'd say they understand alright Zerks but they probably don't want to start a price war

I'd say they understand alright Zerks but they probably don't want to start a price war

Feck 'em,oil is dropping yet as usual we the punter get screwed.One winner from a price war: Consumers.

Feck 'em,oil is dropping yet as usual we the punter get screwed.One winner from a price war: Consumers.

Yep exactly, that's why they don't want to rock the boat.

That'll never happen in Enniscorthy. They've a nice little cartel going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Gorey has managed to meander down to 156.9 in Applegreen but a trip to Dublin yesterday has shown they are lagging behind prices in the metropolis. One argument is lower volume sales which would mean longer periods between refills, strange how that doesn't apply on upward movement though.

• Advertisement

bmaxi wrote: »
    Gorey has managed to meander down to 156.9 in Applegreen but a trip to Dublin yesterday has shown they are lagging behind prices in the metropolis. One argument is lower volume sales which would mean longer periods between refills, strange how that doesn't apply on upward movement though.

Gone up to 157.9 today, lasted all of 24 hours, that puts paid to the time between refills theory.
    Great Gas have reduced to 156.9, they're not usually as quick to put it back up.

Garage in Courtown has reopened as a Mace store petrol is 155.9, diesel 147.9, this is the cheapest it's been for a long time.
    A bit OT, noticed petrol in the UK is down to 129.7p that works out cheaper, 154c approx, than the Republic. It hasn't been cheaper than here for years so to my mind that only emphasises the fact that we're being ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 trevr

Garage in Courtown has reopened as a Mace store petrol is 155.9, diesel 147.9, this is the cheapest it's been for a long time.
    Did you notice any of the prices in the shop....if its a Mace shop it won't be cheap!

trevr wrote: »
    Did you notice any of the prices in the shop....if its a Mace shop it won't be cheap!

No, wasn't in the shop, just passed by. Petrol price will attract customers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭older i get better i was

avoid xxxxx xxxxxx expensive as hell (for everything).

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Mod Note

Guys the title of the thread is Where's the cheapest/dearest fuel.
    Can we leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Copy2ofDSC03546_zps7b3f8fcf.jpg

158.9 downtown New Ross last few days

Unusual to see fuel cheaper in Enniscorthy than it is in New Ross.

Spotted a few unfortunates filling up at Kavanaghs,Island Rd. it's 163.9 for petrol there yet just up the street it's 157.9

BP and Shell are being investigated over allegations that they have fixed petrol prices for more than a decade.

European Commission investigators raided the offices of several major oil companies yesterday as they launched a far-reaching probe into price manipulation.

They fear prices have been driven up at the pumps for millions of motorists.

The AA responded to the swoop by declaring: ‘The lid is about to be blown off.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2324601/Shell-BP-raided-probe-petrol-price-fixing-Oil-firms-investigated-claims-manipulated-cost-decade.html

In Wexford today ,and unleaded is running at 153.8 to 154.9 p/litre

Cheapest in NR lately has been 155.9/156.9 p/litre

• Advertisement

BLjCMt_CIAAAxUd.jpg:large

Oil prices remain the same last few weeks

Prices on the way up again. Price in Gorey increased three times in a week, try as I might I can never recall them having reduced three times in a week. Same old, same old.

Prices at a couple of places in Enniscorthy have gone up twice this week.Oil prices plummeted to $63 a barrel from a high of around $125 yet petrol and diesel prices only dropped by a cent or two.Yet as soon as oil prices rose to $100 a barrel due to the trouble in Egypt the fuel prices rose immediately.

We are being royally shafted in this country.

Even the normally cheaper station @ the Old Dublin Rd. is now 157.9 a litre for petrol.

Prices around Waterford are on average 5-6c cheaper than around Wexford.:confused:

Was North of the border over the week and bought petrol for 133.p/litre, this works out at about 155c/litre. Considering the last time I was there, petrol worked out at about 185c-190c/litre, you have to ask, where has the balance gone? I don't remember hearing of any substantial reductions in fuel duty in the UK.

Was North of the border over the week and bought petrol for 133.p/litre, this works out at about 155c/litre. Considering the last time I was there, petrol worked out at about 185c-190c/litre, you have to ask, where has the balance gone? I don't remember hearing of any substantial reductions in fuel duty in the UK.

Nothing new there. Retailers actually pass on price reductions in the north. No chance here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Prices around Waterford are on average 5-6c cheaper than around Wexford.:confused:

What's new pussycat, really though, the competition authority should be keeping a closer eye on County Wexford

156.9 in Camolin for petrol,160.9 in Maxol,Enniscorthy:eek:

Tesco New Ross according to fb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Riddim Bandit

But at least they are accepting responsibility .

They are, 2 hours after phonecall to tesco I was contacted by their insurance company. Filled on saturday, on way back home car started to act weird, first thing I did I checked my receipt, I thought I put diesel by mistake. Nope, unleaded. So I looked for reason elsewhere.

Didn't cross my mind that tanker driver could put diesel into petrol tanks. Doooh....

Advertisement