Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking Bad Episode 15: Granite State

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    anyone have a link for this weeks ep? cant seem to find a working one anywhere :(

www.Netflix.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    anyone have a link for this weeks ep? cant seem to find a working one anywhere :(

http://movies2.netflix.com/WiMovie/Breaking_Bad/70143836?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

What do people make of the references to Kings:

Firstly Ozymandias, in the poem is the "King of kings", and Walt must be Ozymandias whose empire was destroyed in the desert. Then the chess board in the fire station with the white king being moved. And when the vacuum guy was dealing the cards in the cabin he said "A king....two kings!".

If Walt is one king, is there another king? The the only other person who I could think is also a king is Elliot Schwartz; so Walt & Elliot are the white and black kings symbolised by the chess pieces. Hence Gretchen repeating the story about Walt & Elliot's last names (White and Black), to remind us of this. We heard that story in an earlier season; it wasn't that interesting that they needed to repeat it.

But on the other hand I can't see Elliot & Gretchen having any part in the last episode. It just wouldn't be good writing. It would be like Bogdan making a reappearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

What do people make of the references to Kings:

Firstly Ozymandias, in the poem is the "King of kings", and Walt must be Ozymandias whose empire was destroyed in the desert. Then the chess board in the fire station with the white king being moved. And when the vacuum guy was dealing the cards in the cabin he said "A king....two kings!".

If Walt is one king, is there another king? The the only other person who I could think is also a king is Elliot Schwartz; so Walt & Elliot are the white and black kings symbolised by the chess pieces. Hence Gretchen repeating the story about Walt & Elliot's last names (White and Black), to remind us of this. We heard that story in an earlier season; it wasn't that interesting that they needed to repeat it.

But on the other hand I can't see Elliot & Gretchen having any part in the last episode. It just wouldn't be good writing. It would be like Bogdan making a reappearance.

Interesting, I like that theory.

Possilby it could refer to Walter and Heisenberg, black and white, good and evil etc

Although I'm not sure how Walter could be construed as a king :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

Vaxxine wrote: »
    Also found it very interesting how the name Grey Matter came about, Scwartz (black), and White, make grey! Very clever :D

You only coined this now? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭briany

2. Brocks mother opens the door in the dead of night to a total stranger who points at a black van across the street and claims Jessie is in it. Instead of slamming the door and ringing the cops she walks straight out and into her death. With her background in a really rough area and her brother being recruited by 2 evil drug dealers to kill rivals, she of all people should be streetwise and clued into public safety and this lapse of judgement was a lot to take. Personally i never cared for the character but this was weak writing..

Apart from that, bring it on next week!!!

Yeah, if a strange bloke is knocking on your door after dark, you simply pretend you're not home - like a normal person would. Not that it would do much good with Todd and the boys. Him and the gang would just kick the doors and drag her out by the hair and execute her. She was going to die either way, really. Might as well have been the polite way. But, yeah, I agree it was comparatively weak writing for BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Neil McCauleys Cooler Brother

The thing about Elliott Schwartz: he is played by a very powerful British actor called Adam Godley. He can do fiery very well indeed. Could it be he is some kind of ultimate evil drug emperor, who will show his "cards" as it were in the final hour? Why would they cast such as actor in the role otherwise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Anyone notice how the guy took sol's picture for the ID at the start and some how magically made it appear on the PC without any connection whatsoever. Bluetooth enabled on the Cannon?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭batistuta9

syngindub wrote: »
    Anyone notice how the guy took sol's picture for the ID at the start and some how magically made it appear on the PC without any connection whatsoever. Bluetooth enabled on the Cannon?

you get wifi SD cards

• Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

syngindub wrote: »

Not magic at all.

Modern Canon's have wifi nowadays

Who the hell is Sol by the way?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

I hate to say it, but I felt a bit "meh" to Andrea's shooting. Her and Jesse never felt like as much of a couple (chemistry wise) as Jesse and Jane did.

And with that, here's a picture of Krysten Ritter

krysten-ritter-sexy.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Wonder if the final twist of the series will involve the true identity of Flynn's unseen buddy Lewis

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but I felt a bit "meh" to Andrea's shooting. Her and Jesse never felt like as much of a couple (chemistry wise) as Jesse and Jane did.

And with that, here's a picture of Krysten Ritter

krysten-ritter-sexy.jpeg

Agree

Jikashi wrote: »
    Wonder if the final twist of the series will involve the true identity of Flynn's unseen buddy Lewis

Not a chance. I think people are getting into Lost territory and reading into things too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

murpho999 wrote: »
    Not magic at all.

Modern Canon's have wifi nowadays

Who the hell is Sol by the way?

my bad..saul

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Agree

In fact Id go as far to say as she was the most miscast actor/actress of the entire show, they never looked like a couple

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I'd recommend watching mr magorium's wonder emporium, twice. The comparisons are uncanny.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ElizaT33

Yea I think Everyone reading way too much into the Finale - I think will be much more interesting to Wait and See ...... AND I SERIOUSLY CAN'T!!!

Apart from the odd criticism, overall the VAST majority on here IMO find the writing of this Series outstanding.. seriously outstanding. I've never been so passionate about a TV series EVER ...!

And me, I'm 42 (female), an avid fan, my sons (21 and 19), avid fans, my older brother (51) and ALL his family, avid fans ..... just saying!:D

Sunday dins has a lot of excited conversation around these parts..!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

my guess is the Nazis are going to kidnap Walt Jr and use him as a ruse to trap Walt.

That's why Walt wants the guns.

But the Nazis will trap Walt in the process. The conclusion will be the Nazis telling Walt and Jesse that one of them will survive, the one that can cook the highest quality. Jesse cooks the better meth and Walt is killed.

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    In fact Id go as far to say as she was the most miscast actor/actress of the entire show, they never looked like a couple

it was hard to reconcile her with the meth addict prostitute Jesse was with in episode one.

• Advertisement

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    my guess is the Nazis are going to kidnap Walt Jr and use him as a ruse to trap Walt.

But the Nazis will trap Walt in the process. The conclusion will be the Nazis telling Walt and Jesse that one of them will survive, the one that can cook the highest quality. Jesse cooks the better meth and Walt is killed.

I have a feeling Skylar or Marie will kill Walt in the end - after he brings all the money to them! He's got to go down ........... and I think it will be a passion kill, as opposed to a business one ....

And if so, the irony will be that the cancer NEVER killed him! The entire SERIES will have been in vain .... LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

A fitting end if the cancer doesn't kill Walt, he's so meticulous that he'll almost certainly die on his own terms.

Don't think it'll happen, but it would be kinda cool if he rescued Walt Jr!

Sorry, but that makes pretty much zero sense.

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Sorry, but that makes pretty much zero sense.

well boo hoo to you

EDIT: Sorry, but boo hoo to you I should say.

An interesting watch is Justin Theroux's episode on the Crystal Meth epidemic in the USA - really brings home the level of addiction of this drug and the realities the police deal with - no wonder Walt is the Most Wanted Man ATM:eek:. It's a good parallel to watch

well boo hoo to you

EDIT: Sorry, but boo hoo to you I should say.

Honestly though, why would the Nazis want to get Walt, after like a year?

They have no idea he is coming for them (presuming they are on the hit list)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭James McNulty

ElizaT33 wrote: »
    An interesting watch is Justin Theroux's episode on the Crystal Meth epidemic in the USA - really brings home the level of addiction of this drug and the realities the police deal with - no wonder Walt is the Most Wanted Man ATM:eek:. It's a good parallel to watch

Louis Theroux!

Louis Theroux!

It's been a long day - sorry! Louis is the one I mean (not Jennifer Aniston's BF) - watched the documentary the other night and was horrified:eek:. Felt very sorry for those people - highly addictive stuff....so destructive !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

nah, Jesse can cook to 96% purity, Walt is up at 99%

Advertisement