Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking Bad Episode 15: Granite State

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭briany

Didn't R.J. Mitte say that him and Aaron Paul finally have a scene together this season? If that's true, that's an intriguing prospect for the finale and would mean that Jesse's fate is not quite to die in that pit like an animal. He might get one last word, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

was re watching random episodes and in season 5 at some episode where jessie,tells Walt to take 5mil and leave the business,he tells him story of greymatter,and that he sold his share for 5k and now company is worth billions.
    but i dont see story why Walt had to leave company,theres some hints of him having relationship with gretchen and so on.Even when they offer him job plus full insurance benefits-he puts his ego first,person with iq above average like walt never succeeding and settling for crap job,life.And never trying to put his knowledge at inventing something is big gap in storyline.

Anyway after this episode it seems Jessie has 0 to lose, his life is in pieces,no one can recover from that,and him being killed is most likely on the cards,but i think he will do it as a suicide,poison themselves with chemicals while cooking,any first chance he gets he will do it no matter the consequences to kill Tod-just guessing.

And knowing next week is last episode ever,dunno how they gonna put so much action in such little time,unless episode would be 1h 30min or so to reflect back and forward and make amazing last ending instead of cramping everything in 50min or so.

Only person who is most likely to make it out clean is Better call Saul :D since he left without traces and isn't looking to come back anytime soon,plus no ones interested in him including -gang nor authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penzo

It was like walt really fully understood that everything he cared about and worked for was completely gone fromm him or useless to him in the last scene, his family, the money, his product still being made, his contribution to grey matter.

Not only that for me, I really can't even guess who he's going for, cos there seems like there's almost not really a full blown enemy to him that would fill his satisfaction, maybe i'm missing something, but there's just not anyone left that if he got it would bring the suspence and relief of when he killed gus, or tuco(or led to his killing).

but one thing breaking bad does is always prove there's an angle there I didn't think about, like I completely missed how the connection to walt would be such a big ordeal for grey matter, and hadn't seen anyone or at least there wasn't many other people saying it.

epic ending with the music tho, chilling stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Torqay wrote: »
    Then why call the cops to remind them that he is still well and alive and set them on his trail?

Because he saw the TV report about Grey Matter after calling the cops, and then changed his mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

scamalert wrote: »
    Only person who is most likely to make it out clean is Better call Saul :D since he left without traces and isn't looking to come back anytime soon,plus no ones interested in him including -gang nor authorities.

Better Call Saul is going to be a prequel so you never know. But I agree, we probably won't be seeing him in the next episode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I think people are underestimating the importance of Grey Matter. Sure the storyline hasn't been given alot of screen time, but each time it has done, it's clear it's a key element in making Walt who he is. The seed that Heisenberg grew out of if you will.

Obviously the gun seems an unlikely tool for their destruction, unless he takes on the actual company base:D But I think that lil speech on TV was like rubbing salt into the wounds for him. He spoke how they ****ed him over and how he wanted his own empire and legacy. That's now in tatters, as the spoilt child he is, he will go for them before burning out in a blaze of destruction with the nazis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Essien wrote: »
    We're done with Grey Matter, there is no way they will play any meaningful part in the finale, I just can't understand how people would think he'd bother going after them, what a pile of ****e that would be.

I don't know if he will "go after them", as in taking them out with a massive machine gun, but they might play a part in the finale. Remember it was never revealed what this mysterious 'incident' was between Gretchen and Walt that made him leave Gray Matter and his promising career behind.

He blames Gretchen and Elliot for his underwhelming life up to the cancer diagnosis, and what started out as a way to provide for his family after his death quickly turned into him building his own empire as a way to satisfy his bruised ego. I'd be surprised if we don't find out once and for all what happened back then in the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,884 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The most poignant scene for me had to be seeing Walt beg Ed to stay for another hour. You forget all about "Heisenberg", the murdering, ruthless drug kingpin and see the man underneath, the man who began cooking meth just to provide something for his family when he succumbs to cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

So Grey matter is where the 'Granite state' name came out of?

Granite = Grey

State = A state of matter in science terms

'Grey matter'.

I know it ultimately doesn't matter (pun not intended ;) ) but I wonder if there is anyone out there that put together that Grey Matter may have played a huge role in stopping Walt/Heisenburg from lying down. Pointless but slightly interesting all the same. What's next week's finale called? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

The phone call with jr. was heartbreaking, I feel so sad for Walt :( I know he's done a helluva lot of bad s***, but all he ever set out to do in the begining was make a few bob for his family for after he dies, and it kinda got out of control :P Seriously though, being left with nothing, apart from a few million dollars, he's lost his family, and his happiness, and he's about to lose his life. I'm gonna bawl next week, I just know it.

As for Jesse, that poor guy really needs to catch a break in the final episode, I know he ratted out Walt, but he doesn't deserve all this because of it. Roll on next week!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,884 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Alanhooly wrote: »

Granite = Grey

'Grey matter'.

I know it ultimately doesn't matter (pun not intended ;) ) but I wonder if there is anyone out there that put together that Grey Matter may have played a huge role in stopping Walt/Heisenburg from lying down. Pointless but slightly interesting all the same. What's next week's finale called? :)

It's called "Felina".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

NO, no, no. The point of the Charlie Rose Gray Matter interview was to let Walt know that Jesse is still alive! Walt knew from his conversations with Lydia that Todd's product was inferior and not blue. As soon as Walt heard Charlie Rose say that the blue meth is still being distributed in Europe then he knew that Jesse is still alive, so not only did they kill his brother in law, they haven't fulfilled their end of the agreement and they're making money from his product. No wonder he's pissed! The gun is for Lydia and the Nazi's the ricin is probably for Jessie so he suffers. Gretchen saying that the sweet man who is Walter White is no longer with us was signaling the change from good Walter who is going to turn himself in for his family back to bad Heisenberg who is going to settle old scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

Also found it very interesting how the name Grey Matter came about, Scwartz (black), and White, make grey! Very clever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Not sure about people discounting the Grey Matter duo from the finale...

The seed that sprouted into Heisenberg was sown from Walter's resentment and bitterness and not being involved in Grey Matter. I presumed this was just obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Granite = Grey

'Grey matter'.

Granite State is a reference to New Hampshire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

penzo wrote: »
    It was like walt really fully understood that everything he cared about and worked for was completely gone fromm him or useless to him in the last scene, his family, the money, his product still being made, his contribution to grey matter.

Not only that for me, I really can't even guess who he's going for, cos there seems like there's almost not really a full blown enemy to him that would fill his satisfaction, maybe i'm missing something, but there's just not anyone left that if he got it would bring the suspence and relief of when he killed gus, or tuco(or led to his killing).
    Same thoughts here-no one loves him anymore everything is gone,revenge on greymatter out of self ego ?,killing nazis psychotic breakdown last revenge.
    but this show is turn after turn,so maybe twist with Skyler telling about nazis ?
    Walt jr getting killed for it.Then walts attempt to take them down getting shot etc,and finally DEA putting pieces together finishing hanks work on bringing down biggest meth empire and finishing nazi gang on shootout trying to arrest them.

It's called "Felina".

Well that's an anagram for 'Finale' so there isn't much room for maneuver here apart from the one I pointed out :)

Dempsey wrote: »
    Granite State is a reference to New Hampshire.

It's hardly that much of a coincidence though is it? Or maybe it is, ultimately it doesn't really matter anyway. Just something I noticed.

It's hardly that much of a coincidence though is it? Or maybe it is, ultimately it doesn't really matter anyway. Just something I noticed.

Btw, you are completely right, i'm not doubting that. I just thing it's funny how the significance of grey matter and the name of the episode match up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Why is the "crybaby rat bitch" still alive?

• Advertisement

Why is the "crybaby rat bitch" still alive?

To make the Nazi's more money, it was explained as clear as day in the episode

Sorry for posting 4 times consecutively but for anyone that is/has been playing GTA5, have a look at this. You can basically play as Walter White :)

http://kotaku.com/you-can-play-gta-v-as-breaking-bads-heisenberg-basica-1335445084

Andrea's murder was genius. I'd have thought they would have just tortured Jesse for a couple of hours but that was way worse for him. NICE.

In addition to Jesse I now also want Lydia to die a horrific death. She's a c**t.

Jack and the boys are now in for a fight. It'll be interesing to see how Walt gets back to New Mexico

Dempsey wrote: »
    To make the Nazi's more money, it was explained as clear as day in the episode

That was before he tried to escape.

That was before he tried to escape.

And they killed Andrea as punishment. He tries to escape again, they'll kill Brock. They want him to continue to make blue meth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Can someone explain to me how come all of America knows that Walter is Heisenberg the meth kingpin?!

What is the evidence? Was this clearly explained?! Like if he turns himself in.. what evidence is there to link him to anything at all?!

Very confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,454 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Btw, you are completely right, i'm not doubting that. I just thing it's funny how the significance of grey matter and the name of the episode match up.

No, I think you're right. It's definitely a reference to New Hampshire but after seeing the episode, can easily be a double meaning with Grey Matter

D-FENS wrote: »
    It was also Jesse's idea to rob the train the way they did.
    And anyway, who cares if he's not a genius like Walt (The fact they were were so opposite was the key to their on screen chemistry and a huge selling point on the show for most people).
    He's a thick c*nt really, but a likeable thick c*nt with a good heart, I hope he makes it.

The operable word

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the testimony of his wife and sister in law would go a long way towards it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Finale episode name Felina;
    Fe-Li-Na = Iron-Lithium-Sodium = Blood-Meth-Tears

Advertisement