Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

L is getting so big! She never stops eating, at her 2 week check up she had already put on 2lb.She's hulking out of her 0-3 month vests and baby grows at 4 weeks now and is the filling of the moses basket!!

I'm finally starting to feel a bit like my old self again. My friend has a 4 month old and when I asked her why she didn't warn me about how terrible you feel the first few weeks she said if people did that no one would ever have a baby ;-)

That's brilliant that she's thriving so well. She sounds like a great wee feeder :).

I also feel a bit better compares to before and after birth. I was seriously hormonal during the pregnancy and of course I thought I was being perfectly reasonable. I have a few apologies to make! I'm already thinking of baby number 2. I'd love 2 babies close in age. Maybe I'm asking for trouble though 8-O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I'm thinking the same! I want another one haha! But my tender downstairs screams in protest as I think it! :P

loubian wrote: »
    I'm thinking the same! I want another one haha! But my tender downstairs screams in protest as I think it! :P

I know it's so bad but I'm thinking if I time it and conceive at Christmas, then CS would be a year old by the time the second baby is born and I wouldn't have to go back to work at all after the summer holidays. I have four months to think about it anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

L is having her first proper bad day! She's up since 4 this morning just whinging for no reason and wants to be on top of me all the time!! We're both exhausted. I think she has a pain in her tummy but had 3 days worth of expressed milk yesterday so I don't know if its something I ate?
    If she keeps up like this she'll be an only child.

L is having her first proper bad day! She's up since 4 this morning just whinging for no reason and wants to be on top of me all the time!! We're both exhausted. I think she has a pain in her tummy but had 3 days worth of expressed milk yesterday so I don't know if its something I ate?
    If she keeps up like this she'll be an only child.

She could be going through a growth spurt? Is she eating a lot? If you think it's a pain, try put her on her tummy on your chest. It relieves some of the pain n you can pat her back gently to soothe her.

• Advertisement

She could be going through a growth spurt? Is she eating a lot? If you think it's a pain, try put her on her tummy on your chest. It relieves some of the pain n you can pat her back gently to soothe her.

That's currently were she is :-D she's spent most of the day here?
    She hasn't stopped eating. I top her up with formula otherwise she would be permanently attached to my nipple. She usually has a few oz in the afternoon and 6oz during the night but today she's already had 3 6oz bottles she can't get it into her quick enough.
    Has any one heard of the wonder weeks? According to that chart this is meant to be a bad week!

That's currently were she is :-D she's spent most of the day here?
    She hasn't stopped eating. I top her up with formula otherwise she would be permanently attached to my nipple. She usually has a few oz in the afternoon and 6oz during the night but today she's already had 3 6oz bottles she can't get it into her quick enough.
    Has any one heard of the wonder weeks? According to that chart this is meant to be an bad week!

I've heard of them but haven't looked into thrm! I've read though if they're constantly feeding and want to be held, t could be a growth spurt! What age is L?

I've heard of them but haven't looked into thrm! I've read though if they're constantly feeding and want to be held, t could be a growth spurt! What age is L?

She'll be 5 weeks on Wednesday! Your probably right Loubian , we moved into 3-6 month vests tonight?
    As you can tell since its 5:25 she still hasn't settled. She fell asleep just after 2 and was back up at 4:10 breastfed for 30mins had 3oz top up and is now gooing up at the ceiling. She's just n like her mammy not happy unless she's eating!

She'll be 5 weeks on Wednesday! Your probably right Loubian , we moved into 3-6 month vests tonight?
    As you can tell since its 5:25 she still hasn't settled. She fell asleep just after 2 and was back up at 4:10 breastfed for 30mins had 3oz top up and is now gooing up at the ceiling. She's just n like her mammy not happy unless she's eating!

You can't help but think awwh at her gooing at the ceiling (though you're probably wishing she'd go asleep).

If L is going through a growth spurt, st least it's only for a few days. . Until the next one haha! A has drank 4 5oz bottles today (as in yesterday n her 5am feed now! ), it's the most she's ever drank!

Can your oh feed her the bottles so you can get a break?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

My poor lady is screaming like a banshee half of yesterday evening and through the night. So tired today. It's a shock to the system because she is so good, bit her brother was so loud and upset all the time so just hoping this is a one day thing.

My God SS I can't believe how big your lo is. My little lady is barely fitting newborn clothes and she is 5 weeks today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Just popping in ladies. My DS is 4 and half months old and I wanted another after 2 weeks of having him. At 3 weeks old I was fully recovered and now I'm nearly 9 weeks pregnant and DS will be under a year old when second is due. We weren't tryin as such just took it as it comes and it happened. It's scary but a miracle and hope to have another boy for J to play with and grow up with

Just popping in ladies. My DS is 4 and half months old and I wanted another after 2 weeks of having him. At 3 weeks old I was fully recovered and now I'm nearly 9 weeks pregnant and DS will be under a year old when second is due. We weren't tryin as such just took it as it comes and it happened. It's scary but a miracle and hope to have another boy for J to play with and grow up with

That's lovely :). Did you find it hard to conceive? I would love the same thing. I have four siblings and were all born within the space of 6 years. I don't know how my Mum did it, she had 3 of us in nappies at once but I loved having siblings so close in age growing up and we always had someone to play with and we were in school together. I'm really thinking of baby number 2 already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I have fertility issues and had to get help to have my little man but this just happened we weren't lookin at timing or anything it was all just random and somehow it happened realistically when J was 2 and half months old I conceived number 2. Really wasn't hard this time at all so if I can anyone can but don't think about it just get swept up in the moment and relax it will just happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Ye're all very brave thinking of going again so soon!! The twins are just about 8 weeks old and we're 99% sure we're done, 3 boys is plenty! Though hubby did shock me a few weeks ago that he'd think about having another as he'd love a girl!! He was adamant that there would be no more up to then!! Before we knew we were having twins, I thought I would have had a hard time to convince him to have a third so I got a massive surprise when he said that! I dunno, the thoughts of being pregnant again terrifies the sh1t out of me, plus I'd probably have another set of twins, lol!! I had a very rough pregnancy, was violently ill from weeks 5 to 12 and in pain with hips from weeks 13 to week 38 when the boys were born. I would have to have another section.

My lads are taking 4 7oz bottles a day now, they are on SMA comfort and are taking Infant Gaviscon for reflux on paediatrician advice. T is fine, sleeping after his 10.30pm bottle til 7am!! G isn't sleeping as well, something keeps waking him, I don't know what. It doesn't seem to be tummy related. He doesn't look for a bottle til 7am either but will sleep for about 2 hours after going to bed and is unsettled from then on unless he is in our bed, he will sleep like a log for ages there! I am wondering if it is a comfort thing, we have a memory foam mattress topper on our bed and the cot mattress is fairly firm, as it is supposed to be for babies. I have them sleeping on 2 Clevamama sleep positioners (was supposed to help with reflux) and they are a little softer than the mattress but he is the same on that as he is directly on the mattress. Poor thing is exhausted then a lot. Am tempted to cut the end off our mattress topper and use it in the cot but not sure if it would be safe enough. Any tips??

Think my infection is back :( so sore, feel like I've just given birth, the main area is swollen again. Ugh

To top it off, the father is asking to see the baby. I can't stop him coz it looks bad n I do want to try, I'm just so nervous. He's asked when do I need him to sign the birth cert. I don't want him to sign it but I know it's going to cause a huge fight when I tell him. I'm going up tomorrow to register her. I'm just going to have to take my time with him. I know it was my choice to not be with him, but I'd love a partner to comfort me when I need comforting.

Anyone know if you have to make an appointment to go in and register the birth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Anyone know if you have to make an appointment to go in and register the birth?

We didn't anyway but our local health centre is small enough. Your ex will have to be present in order for him to be named as the babys father on birth cert unless ye are married afaik.

S is doing great and she is reacting well to her physio. I think she is going through a growth spurt at the moment, she just wants to feed all day everyday and is obsessed with cuddling into me. She didn't sleep much last night (and I slept even less) as she was only sleeping when I had her on my chest. I still haven't registered her. We want to register in my OH's hometown which means waiting until we go to Clare.

Sorry to hear your infection could be back Lou and about himself annoying you again. All I can say is do what is best for you and A, everyone else be damned.

I don't know how anyone could be thinking of more babies, I can't even get my head to even think of going back to the act that causes the making of babies, and I had a c-section so it's not like it is even sore down there!!!

Synister, I wish you nothing but the best on your new pregnancy. :)

Omg I'm so tired and sore. A is only finished a 150ml bottle, I let her "fall asleep" in my arms n then went down to make bottles. I use inverted commas because she seemee fast asleep whenI put her ddown, 15 minutes later she's crying again. She's done two huge burps n farted a lot, so it can't be wind. Or it could be, I don't know. She's making her hungry noise but she doesn't have another bottle ready; they're still cooling down. She's falling asleep in my arms again but guarantee when I put her down she'll wake up. She's sleeping max 90 mins after her feed n then wakes up screaming again. Could it be a growth spurt? She sleeps fine between 12 n 6 depending on what time she goes down at but she needs her sleep during the day too n she doesn't seem to sleep great during the day. We're both exhausted. Trying to establish a routine is so hard because there's always people coming and going, n that's just people who live with me. So she's risrupted a lot. Have my stepfather saying not yo rock her in tge pram yet ge does it esp when he's drunk. Have my mam saying I can't be holding her too much but is dying for an excuse to lift her. I love her to bits but she's so tiring. Like every baby I know. .... I just need to rant. Bleurgh :(

Meant to add, I'm not ungrateful for all the help I'm given, I really appreciate it, I'm just tired n alone n yeah

Again I could have written that Loubian. My baby is usually so good but the last 3 days and nights she has been so unsettled. She barely sleeps for an hour straight which is unlike her from before. She's feeding what feels like constantly. I'm constantly troubleshooting her needs and I just feel like I don't have the answers all the time as I can't settle her all the time. I'm sure it would be a lot easier if I had the energy from sleep and from eating well. Neither of which I have the time for :(. Hopefully things will get easier soon.

• Advertisement

Have any of you got the bcg yet? If so, how did they get on? A has hers today

Have any of you got the bcg yet? If so, how did they get on? A has hers today

L had hers when she was a week old. She didn't even wake up just frowned for a second !! Its only starting now to come up in a purple bump.
    How did A get on Loubian?

L had hers when she was a week old. She didn't even wake up just frowned for a second !! Its only starting now to come up in a purple bump.
    How did A get on Loubian?

Was she asleep? N did L cry when she got the heel prick? A has hers today at 3.30 ehich is around the time she has a bottle, maybe if I give her one before, she won't scream!

Was she asleep? N did L cry when she got the heel prick? A has hers today at 3.30 ehich is around the time she has a bottle, maybe if I give her one before, she won't scream!

Yep she was asleep! I was feeding her when she got her heel prick test done and she was the same she just frowned for a second then went back feeding.
    Maybe bring the bottle with you Loubian.We had an appointment too but there was still 4 babies in front of us when we got there so we were waiting about half an hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

Hi, havent been online at all - I had no idea once my fella arrived that I would have so little time! We're doing great though. I'm exclusively breast feeding but finding it very tough going, does any one else still find it very painful when they latch on first? Once he gets into a feed it doesn't hurt but the first 30 seconds or so are really painful - does anyone else have this or am I just a wuss?

Still finding the fact that I'm a mammy completely surreal!

xalot wrote: »
    Hi, havent been online at all - I had no idea once my fella arrived that I would have so little time! We're doing great though. I'm exclusively breast feeding but finding it very tough going, does any one else still find it very painful when they latch on first? Once he gets into a feed it doesn't hurt but the first 30 seconds or so are really painful - does anyone else have this or am I just a wuss?

I'm exactly the same Xalot! A midwife told me to count to 10 and the pain should be gone but most times I'm in the 40s before it stops!!

I get it for 10-20 seconds then gone. She is getting picky now, doesn't want the shields anymore. I am so scared she will not latch properly and cut me again, but still, she needs to be allowed latch naturally. We can only wait and see.

I got the most amazing things for cut nipples, they're multimam compresses, they cost about 15euro so they're not cheap but they cleared my destroyed nipples in about 24hours.

I've spent a fortune on stuff for my boobs for breastfeeding - so much for it being more economical then bottle feeding!

I got the most amazing things for cut nipples, they're multimam compresses, they cost about 15euro so they're not cheap but they cleared my destroyed nipples in about 24hours.

I've spent a fortune on stuff for my boobs for breastfeeding - so much for it being more economical then bottle feeding!

Where did you get the compresses Xalot? I have a huge crack thats weeping yellow goo?

• Advertisement

Any chemist should have them, the one beside me is pretty rubbish and they had them. They sting a little at first but really do work.

Advertisement