Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Do they have a maximum number of times they use the gel before they have to try another way? Fingers crossed that things progress for you during the night? Are you allowed to walk around? If so, it might help things move along a bit?

It's my first day on my own tomorrow, going to stay in bed all day! Wish I had someone to go snd get me chocolate in the shop! Ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

loubian wrote: »
    Do they have a maximum number of times they use the gel before they have to try another way? Fingers crossed that things progress for you during the night? Are you allowed to walk around? If so, it might help things move along a bit?

It's my first day on my own tomorrow, going to stay in bed all day! Wish I had someone to go snd get me chocolate in the shop! Ha!

I'll have to ask the midwives when they come around what the score is. My back pain is going from severe to crippling. I'm trying to walk around but every time I walk the corridor I'm not getting as far as the last time.

Aw Loubian, you are so lucky. Would love to be in your shoes at the minute. Enjoy every second of it. Chocolate and cuddling babies, could life get any better ;)

Are your pains coming in waves?

Are your pains coming in waves?

It feels constant but I've started to get pains in my front now, just where the head is.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

It feels constant but I've started to get pains in my front now, just where the head is.

Sorry haven't posted here before but just to say don't give up hope icescreamqueen. I was induced also. First gel nothing but some constant back pain. No real change to cervix, still v unfavourable. Second gel still just back pain which was constant rather than waves but when assessed after, had dilated to 3 and waters were broken. It was all go after that!
    So fingers crossed for you!

• Advertisement

Drdoc wrote: »
    Sorry haven't posted here before but just to say don't give up hope icescreamqueen. I was induced also. First gel nothing but some constant back pain. No real change to cervix, still v unfavourable. Second gel still just back pain which was constant rather than waves but when assessed after, had dilated to 3 and waters were broken. It was all go after that!
    So fingers crossed for you!

Aw I'm wishing I really am. I'm getting a lot of pain just under the bump. I can't walk the corridor now without grabbing the nearest radiator.

Were your waters artificially broken Drdoc?

There's a girl who is pregnant with gallstones opposite me and god love her, she's having an awful time but the midwives have to give her so much attention. They still haven't done the rounds to everyone else yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

All sounds very promising..!!! All my contractions were underneath my bump!
    Finally got out of hospital, had a horrific case of mastitis :-( on antibiotics for a week. I am at home cuddling my little angel x can't put her down

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

Yeah my waters were artificially broken and contractions started hard after that. 2nd gel took me from closed to 3cm.

Had to start oxytocin drip as lots of meconium in waters but 10 hrs from second gel to baby so not too bad (well at least not too bad with epidural).

You sound like things are definitely progressing there! Good luck, very exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

Aw I'm wishing I really am. I'm getting a lot of pain just under the bump. I can't walk the corridor now without grabbing the nearest radiator.

Were your waters artificially broken Drdoc?

There's a girl who is pregnant with gallstones opposite me and god love her, she's having an awful time but the midwives have to give her so much attention. They still haven't done the rounds to everyone else yet.

Hope you are doing ok? X little update here.. My waters broke in the small hours, just out of the hosp where midwives confirmed it. Had bloody show too. Baby finally decided it has had enough of Hotel Womb! ;) contractions still irregular but coming. Really thought I'd have to be induced Sunday so am in shock here lol!

Our beautiful daughter Cassie Rose was born this morning. I'm absolutely crazy in love with her and I'm just over the moon :).My labour wasn't too bad in the end. The epidural kicked in and was amazing :). Got me through all the cruel bits. It's definitely the best day of my life :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Bundaberg wrote: »
    Hope you are doing ok? X little update here.. My waters broke in the small hours, just out of the hosp where midwives confirmed it. Had bloody show too. Baby finally decided it has had enough of Hotel Womb! ;) contractions still irregular but coming. Really thought I'd have to be induced Sunday so am in shock here lol!

Eek so excited for you bundaberg. Did they send you home to allow it progress or are they keeping you in?

Our beautiful daughter Cassie Rose was born this morning. I'm absolutely crazy in love with her and I'm just over the moon :).My labour wasn't too bad in the end. The epidural kicked in and was amazing :). Got me through all the cruel bits. It's definitely the best day of my life :D

So delighted for you icecreamqueen you must be On cloud nine. The epidural is great isn't it? :)

That sounds exactly how my labour progressed. Had severe back pain, then my waters broke and then my mucus plug went. Within 8 hours I had my little baby in my arms :). Good luck with it darling, you'll do great and It'll be over in no time x

Congratulations icecreamqueen :) I'm so happy for you :) you waited long enough so make sure you enjoy every moment :)

Bundaberg, thats how my labour progressed as well! My waters went then started getting pains! Hopefully you will have your baby soon :) who's left now?

On another note, how can you tell if you have postnatal depression or you still just have the weepies? Soery to bring a bummer to the good news, but have cried every day for the last few days. Had a huge argument with my dad about answering my phone. What a stupid thing to argue about but because I was depressed before n because he's seen me crying over the last few days, he thinks there's something wrong. :( just had to tell him my hormones are all over the place! Also phn had to come back out to redo the heel prick coz they didn't have enough blood apparently. So trauma of that. She took a look at my stitches also n its likely I've an infection . I've to go to the docs later to get checked out :( I'm just so so tired :(

Sorry girls for putting a dampener on things

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Icecreamqueen, bundaberg, so many congrats on your recent/soon to get here arrivals!! So exciting for you :-)

Oh loubian, you're really having a tough time, aren't you. *hugs* I wish I could advise on the pnd but I just don't know myself. Can you meet with the phn, or gp to discuss? It's only been a few days, so more than likely is just the baby blues but talking to a professional could help put your mind at ease. Chin up hun, you'll get through this. Xx

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Oh loubian, you're really having a tough time, aren't you. *hugs* I wish I could advise on the pnd but I just don't know myself. Can you meet with the phn, or gp to discuss? It's only been a few days, so more than likely is just the baby blues but talking to a professional could help put your mind at ease. Chin up hun, you'll get through this. Xx

I have the appointment with the doctor this afternoon so I will mention it then! My counsellor said i could go back whenever I wanted, if I felt I needed to, so I suppose I'll see how i feel in a few days n will contact him if I'm not getting any better! Thanks for the support xx

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your baby girl x absolutely delighted for you, you waited long enough!!! Enjoy every second :-)

Best of luck bundaberg - can't wait to hear your news

Loubian I've had some days of tears :-( I was told that any tears up to 6 weeks are totally normal but after that its a trip to the doc. Only you know yourself, so have a chat with your GP or PHN x

So I have an infection and I'm on antibiotics for the week. I hope these will work because I feel it's the pain down below that's sort of holding me back. If I wasn't so sore, I'd be able to get up n do stuff like put on washes, clean bottles and go for walks. The doc said also because of my history that they're going to keep a closer eye on me so I've an appointment next week to see how I'm getting on.

On the plus side, A is thriving. She's really filling out n has gained 10oz since birth! Mad! She's been a bit unsettled over the last few days but hopefully it will pass soon.

S had her 2 week check up today. She is 200g above her birth weight. So happy. Her weight was dropping too much for comfort for a while so I am thrilled she is doing well. Makes me not worry about how bfing is going. I thought i was failing for a while.

Loubian, sorry you're feeling down. It can be tough, I was like that with A. At least you are acknowledging it, if you ever feel like it is too much, please talk to someone. You're clearly doing a fantastic job with A. She seems to be thriving. Well done. X

I wonder has Bundaberg had her baby. Is xalot still waiting too?

Hello ladies, just to say our little man Tadhg Sean arrived at 00.58am this morning, all 7lbs 14oz of him! Hard slog as he was in posterior position (back to my back) but all worth it in the end. Utterly in love :)

• Advertisement

Hello ladies, just to say our little man Tadhg Sean arrived at 00.58am this morning, all 7lbs 14oz of him! Hard slog as he was in posterior position (back to my back) but all worth it in the end. Utterly in love :)

Congratulations :) hope you and baby are doing well xx

Great news for you :). A good strong healthy baby. I'm sure you're so relieved it's over with now and can enjoy him at last. They're so worth the wait ;)

Only one more July baby to be delivered I believe if he/she is not already here.

Fantastic news Bundaberg. So glad he is here nice and safe. Congrats :) x

Has Xalot had her little one? She has been quiet for a few days.

So what us the final numbers? how many boys and how many girls? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Congrats Bundaberg and icescreamqueen!!

Thanks everyone :) he is beautiful. So alert! Breastfeeding going well so far, he tends to fall asleep on the boob though lol. The birth was suction assisted so I have a few bad stitches but otherwise am feeling ok. I look at him and wonder how he fitted into my belly! ;) kind of miss my bump!

Thanks everyone :) he is beautiful. So alert! Breastfeeding going well so far, he tends to fall asleep on the boob though lol. The birth was suction assisted so I have a few bad stitches but otherwise am feeling ok. I look at him and wonder how he fitted into my belly! ;) kind of miss my bump!

Me too! I have a friend who is due in oct n didn't realise I missed my bump until I saw hers! Have you felt phantom kicks? I did for the first few hours! I know you probably will, but I would advise you to rest when you get home to let your stitches heal. I tried to move about too much in the first week when I should have rested! Glad everything is ok though :)

Me too! I have a friend who is due in oct n didn't realise I missed my bump until I saw hers! Have you felt phantom kicks? I did for the first few hours! I know you probably will, but I would advise you to rest when you get home to let your stitches heal. I tried to move about too much in the first week when I should have rested! Glad everything is ok though :)

Thanks Loubian! Im hoping they will let me home tomorrow. How are you getting on? :)

Glad he is good and alert. I noticedthat too with my little lady and so glad the bfing is going well. :)

I miss the movements from her in my belly, bit I like that I can now bed over without having to take 40 seconds to attempt to get back up

Thanks Loubian! Im hoping they will let me home tomorrow. How are you getting on? :)

I'm getting on better, getting to know her cries n sounds so beginning to understand what's wrong with her if she's crying. I'm going to try have a quiet weekend but mo doubt I'll end up doing something! The antibiotics seem to be working which is good! Means I'm able to move around a bit easier.

• Advertisement

I had a suction birth too and I'm really finding the stitches hard going. I was meant to be getting out today but think I'll hold off until tomorrow, I'm just in too much pain. I cannot say enough about the care I'm getting here. The midwives are absolutely amazing and would walk over hot coals for you. I was so nervous the first day about everything but they've really helped me get into my stride.

Advertisement