Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options
  • 11-11-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Just found out yesterday that we are expecting our second after many months of trying - delighted but also nervous as everyone say the second is twice a difficult but much more. No. 1 will just be two so busy times I am sure....... Anyway long long way to go

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mrs Peacock

No other July babies?! I've known for a few weeks now, still quite shocked, although we had agreed to start trying. we just didn't think it would happen so soon! Hope all's well Twee. I think I'm about 8 weeks now. All ok here- No major symptoms- apart from tiredness. Looking forward to the appointments/scans etc. The weeks seem to be dragging at the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

Another one here. Got confirmation a couple of weeks ago. It took a while on our first so this was shocking as its now a honeymoon baby *insert jokes here* I am way more nervous than I was on my first and I've been getting quite bad back pain the last couple of days which isn't helping the nerves!
    First appt though is this Wednesday so I'm both looking forward to that for reassurance and scared witless in case I get bad news.
    The first 3 months are just a pain the arse aren't they but hopefully they'll pass soon enough and we'll be in 2013 which is new baby year :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

Another her.! Only did a test about a week ago but approx 8 weeks gone!!!...still in shock

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

I am also 8 weeks pregnant! Its my first and very anxious to hear heart beat!is everyone registered wit hospital? my appointment is at 12 weeks?

lynda18 wrote: »
    I am also 8 weeks pregnant! Its my first and very anxious to hear heart beat!is everyone registered wit hospital? my appointment is at 12 weeks?

Not registered yet..have my doc's appointment tomorrow. How do u go about registering with hosp & arranging a scan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

I sent off my booking form a couple of days after confirming with the gp so about 3 weeks ago. I had a response within 3 days and my booking appt is tmrw :) and I've a dating scan on Thursday, I was waiting way longer on my first, I think I was about 13 weeks but I'm so glad it's soon as I'm not entirely sure on dates

MichB2012 wrote: »
    Not registered yet..have my doc's appointment tomorrow. How do u go about registering with hosp & arranging a scan?

I rang the rotunda last Monday and got my first appointment and letters in post for Rotunda the 18th Dec. I am going public

Haven't a clue what hospital to go to..everyone is giving mixed reviews of the 3 Dublin hosps. Was thinking of going semi private too..is there any point if you could end up in a public ward in the end?

I was going to go semi private think after vhi u still pay 1000 but my friends advised not to and it was a longer wait for appointment so i just went public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Found out on Monday that I'm 3 weeks pregnant. I calculated the due date, which is the 24th of July and it's the same date my Mum passed away last year. I thought that was amazing when I found out. I really think she's sending me a gift but I'm gonna miss not having her around for support and advice. Hopefully everything goes well for everyone :)

• Advertisement

Congragulations thats very exciting for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

Hello, I'm another July 2013. Was waiting patiently for an August 2013 thread to open up as I thought I was only a week or so gone but took another test this morning which puts me at 3+ weeks (5 weeks pregnant).

Have my doctors appointment this evening. Very excited but have no clue as to when I conceived - I have very irregular periods and planning for ovulation has not been easy! Did not think it would happen this fast!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Due mid July, our first baby was born same time last year!! Irish twins. Feel bad our baby's first birthday may coincide with the newborns arrival but hoping the fact that they'll be as thick as thieves in years to come will make up for that! Wasn't expecting to fall pregnant till new year but we're delighted none the less! Hubby thinks its the best thing ever! Anyone else got Irish twins??

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Skyflyer1234

Me and My Girlfriend found out a few weeks ago :) Baby is due to 04 July apparently but that is more than likely not gonna happen :P Couldn't be happier with the news, already looking for a better job and a better place weeeee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Congrats skyflyer! That was my original due date last year but baby didn't arrive till 19th!! You sound like a very excited daddy to be!! Best a luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Skyflyer1234

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    Congrats skyflyer! That was my original due date last year but baby didn't arrive till 19th!! You sound like a very excited daddy to be!! Best a luck!!

Thank you, its all I could ask for really! Be amazing to have a 4th July Baby but we all know things don't always work that way :) But Yeah very very excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm due 13th July. Freaking out. Was a complete surprise. The condom split, I took the morning after pill and it didn't work. I'm 23. I'm excited, but sooooo scared! You never realise how many pregnant woman there are in ireland until you're pregnant yourself. oh my god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I I'm due in July; I'm about 8.5 weeks :-P its olive sized now; :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sj2011

15th July is my edd had dating scan today, very excited to see heartbeat. :) best of luck to everyone & healthy pregnancies! X

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sparkle23

Hi all..I am also due in July 2013.. I have 2 boys already aged 8 and other will be 3 when new baby comes..soooo really hoping this is my little girl.. I had to have a scan last week due to severe back pains but thankfully my little dot was where it sud be and looks good..back in next wed 12th for another one to get the heartbeat!! lookin forward to that and then feeling safe in the thought that all is well!! good luck to you all with your forthcoming pregnancies and hope everyone is keeping well!! xx

• Advertisement

Congrats sj2001 and sparkle 23 such exciting and nervous time!last two days i am feeling so many wierd pains that come and go i am nearly always panicing! prob cause all so new to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

Had my first scan yesterday, doctors had me at 12 weeks but am actually more like 7. They couldn't see a whole lot but got to see the heartbeat which was a huge relief, made all the morning sickness worthwhile!

I've to go back at 12 weeks for a proper dating scan. Am going with the Domino scheme, was so impressed with them. Was in and out in an hour ,including full medical consultation, bloods and scan

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sj2011

Congrats sj2001 and sparkle 23 such exciting and nervous time!last two days i am feeling so many wierd pains that come and go i am nearly always panicing! prob cause all so new to me!

Hi lynda18, slight cramping is generally very normal in early pregnancy. Experienced a lot on my first.. Apparently it's related to your uterus stretching and growing. However 'normal' it certainly is all scary!!:) x

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

Another member of the July 2013 gang....I had missed this thread when I looked so a bit late joining...I'm 11 weeks on Monday, pregnancy no 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Twee2011

Now just over 11 weeks so far so good, tired and feel sick sometimes but that's all and the last time that went at 14 weeks so fingers crossed for the same. First scan next Friday and just cannot wait to hear the heartbeat, will really make it real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Congrats to everyone :). Was just wondering how long anyone who already had a scan or already has their first scan booked had to wait to hear about their first appointment? I'm based in Dublin but want to have my baby at home in Donegal. Rang my local hospital in Donegal and was told a waiting time of at least 10 weeks for the first scan alone! So, because of that I have decided to opt for combined care and have my initial appointments in the Coombe. Have sent in the forms but haven't heard back when my first appointment is yet. Any ideas of waiting times? I'm anxious to know that everything is on the right track, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

Congrats all :) I had a scan last week at 10+2 days, but only happened so soon as I had slight spotting and high blood pressure. I know Kilkenny don't scan until around the 20 week mark so it's a long wait. Had planned on booking a private scan but not going to as I got one last week :) No idea about waiting times for Dublin though, take a look at June 2013 thread there are a good few ladies there based in Dublin.

Unfortunately I am leaving this tread, had some spotting over the last few day so went for a scan yesterday (today was suppose to be our 12 week scan) but sadly our little baby had no heartbeat and I had miscarried a few weeks ago. We are devestated of course but knew that there was something wrong. So grateful for our family support and also that we have our little one to keep us distracted. Best of luck to all of you and hopefully I will be back on this forum again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Gutted for you Twee2011. Glad your family are being so supportive. xx

I am 12 weeks today with my second. My first guy is 4 in February, and he is great with other people's babies, so hoping he is going to be as good with a sibling. Nervous, but excited. Like Big Brother, this little one was not planned, but then again, the best things in life seldom are.

• Advertisement

Thanks wolfpawnat and best of luck to you, your little boy will be a great help I'm sure.

Advertisement