Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Robbo wrote: »
    Looks like Karl Deeter has got his hands on a copy of the Kilkenny Trust documentation.
    Dead link?

Sorry swear filter got me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Oryx wrote: »
    Dead link?

Sorry swear filter got me again.
    Shortened link: http://goo.gl/9sbSGx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭jd

From http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/debtors-protect-assets-in-private-trust-237320.html
    The trust is run by a Kilkenny-based businessman Charlie Allen Sr, ostensibly as a philanthropic service for those who stand to lose properties to banks or private lenders.

Looking at
    http://www.longfordleader.ie/news/local/court-orders-newtowncashel-pub-s-owners-to-vacate-premises-1-5388974
    Possession of a public house re-occupied by its former owners must be handed back to bank appointed receivers, the President of the High Court has ruled.
    Counsel also told the court that one of their party named as Mr Charlie Allen sent correspondence to the receivers claiming the receivers occupation of the the pub amounted to a trespass, and sought €10m in compensation.

Looks like the same guy. I wonder did the owners of the pub join a "Trust"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭rameire

According to the attack the tax Facebook page people have continued to say that revenue are deducting the property tax from them. and they have supposedly put their appeal in, I wonder how long they can drag this out.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭moyners

Looks like Karl Deeter has got his hands on a copy of the Kilkenny Trust documentation.

"7.1 The tenant will keep the property insured with reputable insurers to cover full rebuilding, site clearance, professional fees, value added tax and three years' loss of rent. The insurance policy must clearly insure, THE XXXX Family Private Trust and the Tenant's name jointly."

So if a property burns down, going by this the operators of the trust would share in the insurance pay-out? That's handy for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

moyners wrote: »
    "7.1 The tenant will keep the property insured with reputable insurers to cover full rebuilding, site clearance, professional fees, value added tax and three years' loss of rent. The insurance policy must clearly insure, THE XXXX Family Private Trust and the Tenant's name jointly."

So if a property burns down, going by this the operators of the trust would share in the insurance pay-out? That's handy for them!
    It goes to show how clueless the people involved in this are. You can't insure someone else's risk. If the trust knocked on the insurer's door looking for their share in the payout, they'd be laughed at and told to go chase the person who took out the insurance policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23822110

Seems to be the same as the freeman movement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

Decided to read up on Brehon law as it should be more valid than this British admiralty stuff!

Interestingly the law tracts advise you against lending to people who dont recognise the law or justice. Wonder if they had any concept of contempt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Decided to read up on Brehon law as it should be more valid than this British admiralty stuff!

Interestingly the law tracts advise you against lending to people who dont recognise the law or justice. Wonder if they had any concept of contempt?

Dunno, marriage by rape seems an interesting concept though.

Bepolite wrote: »
    Dunno, marriage by rape seems an interesting concept though.

According to Binchy its not found in any of the law texts only in early literature and would be criminal. I wont digress further!

• Advertisement

According to Binchy its not found in any of the law texts only in early literature and would be criminal. I wont digress further!

I'll think you'll find they are listed in the law texts, but not regarded as valid. I also think you're referring to Fergus Kelly's book but stand to be corrected on that.

Bepolite wrote: »
    I'll think you'll find they are listed in the law texts, but not regarded as valid. I also think you're referring to Fergus Kelly's book but stand to be correwcted on that.

Yep I got the reference wrong. I mean I er dispute your reality.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Well, they were all keen apiarists and that's for sure.

(You might have noticed that a lot of aspects of my profile, like location and the line in my sig are from Kelly's book. Nerdy, yes.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭jd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Very unfortunate that vulnerable people are falling for their claptrap.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

No doubt at all. All the hallmarks of the freemen.
    Very unfortunate that vulnerable people are falling for their claptrap.

Are you guys related?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The Independent today named the "non legal representative" as James McCarthy, who along with Paul Codd, have cleverly copyrighted their own names so that not only can the banks not touch them, but they can charge €€€cashmoney for the improper use of their names.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

The Independent today named the "non legal representative" as James McCarthy, who along with Paul Codd, have cleverly copyrighted their own names so that not only can the banks not touch them, but they can charge €€€cashmoney for the improper use of their names.

Can they sue other James McCarthys for "identity squatting"? :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Flanagan's of Buncrana? Wtf?!

Saw "the loop principle" in there and googled it. Gt results for a seminar in Laois a few weeks ago where tickets were going for €500 per person!!!

These boys are running the most unbelievable snake oil sale of all time. They must be creaming it in with this crap.

Also I am bookmarking that page as a list of Freemen. Instant cross check is so handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Isn't there an action for groundless threats in relation to claims of Trademark infringement?

If I got one of their Cease and Desist letters I would certainly follow the advice on the webpage as follows:

"If you have been served with a "cease and desist" "notice and demand" in relation to any name on this roll, do not ignore it and consult your legal advisors immediately"

Though for entirely different reasons than the author of the webpage intends.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭moyners

Saw "the loop principle" in there and googled it. Gt results for a seminar in Laois a few weeks ago where tickets were going for €500 per person!!!

These boys are running the most unbelievable snake oil sale of all time. They must be creaming it in with this crap.

Also I am bookmarking that page as a list of Freemen. Instant cross check is so handy.

http://stepone.eventbrite.com/
    Some of the Material covered …
    - YOU - Titles - Trusts - Public - Private - Debtor - Legalise - Admiralty Law - Maritime Law - Demockery - Economy - Commerceism - Creditor - Governing - Sovereignty - Jurisdiction - Constitution - Enforcement - Contracts - Solutions - Lay Litigation - Common Law - Securitisation - Trademarking - Court Process - Letter Writing - Human Rights - ACTS - Statutes - Codes - Bills of Exchange - Person - People - Reality - Money - Currency - etc., etc. -

Wow, all that for €500? Sounds like a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

moyners wrote: »
    http://stepone.eventbrite.com/

Wow, all that for €500? Sounds like a bargain!

Would love to see their segment on "Reality"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Isn't there an action for groundless threats in relation to claims of Trademark infringement?

If I got one of their Cease and Desist letters I would certainly follow the advice on the webpage as follows:

"If you have been served with a "cease and desist" "notice and demand" in relation to any name on this roll, do not ignore it and consult your legal advisors immediately"

Though for entirely different reasons than the author of the webpage intends.
    Section 141, Copyright and Related Rights Act (2000) if you believe in statutes. Anyone care to make the case that the fine and potential jailtime here (£100,000/5 years) make it an arrestable offence and therefore Joe Soap can frogmarch one of these chaps to the nearest copshop?

http://protectthenames.com/trademark-law.html

They haven't gotten into the legal mumbo jumbo yet but there's bound to be some zingers in there.

http://protectthenames.com/trademark-law.html

They haven't gotten into the legal mumbo jumbo yet but there's bound to be some zingers in there.

I suspect the artwork is being used in breach of Copyright...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Section 141, Copyright and Related Rights Act (2000) if you believe in statutes. Anyone care to make the case that the fine and potential jailtime here (£100,000/5 years) make it an arrestable offence and therefore Joe Soap can frogmarch one of these chaps to the nearest copshop?

Well that an interesting section I wasn't aware of.

In relation to Trademarks I think this section is what I was referring to :

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1996/en/act/pub/0006/sec0024.html#sec24

Advertisement