Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/08/31/taking-it-back/ they got a group to walk on the farm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭jd

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/angry-scenes-at-farm-centre-of-repossession-proceedings-29542185.html
    Charles Allen of the Rodolphus Allen private trust has said the property had been given to the trust by its previous owner Eugene McDermott and his wife to “protect it for future generations of his family”. He said Eugene McDermott was now a tenant of the trust.

Mr Allen claimed the security guards had no right to be on “trust property”.

It'll be interesting to see how this eventually plays out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Anyone heard of these guys, The Hub Ireland? Saw a comment in the journal re the Kildare Stud case.

https://sites.google.com/site/irishselfhelpzone/home

Just curious, have groups like this always existed or is this just a modern phenomenon?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Another day out in the Four Courts for former FF bagman turned McKenzie Superfriend Jerry Beades to offer his sage advice. This time sticking up for a the working man, put to the pin of his collar with 2 properties in Dalkey another in Co. Galway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Dialling up the sinister, here's a Facebook group set up to name and harass receivers and security staff. Being 16 and wearing a Guy Fawkes mask seems to be a prerequisite for membership.

I see sometime Property Tax hunger striker Tony Rochford chiming in on some of the discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭beeftotheheels

Still, it has to be said that it will be good to actually let the Courts shed some light on this, especially in light of the Freeman decision last week.

I couldn't get my head around on what basis they felt that there was not stamp duty/ VAT/ CAT implications on the transfer of the property to the trust, is the trust discretionary or IIP?

I did what any good tax adviser does when faced with newspaper coverage of potentially desperate people acting unwisely and making things worse for themselves - I informed Revenue that I was concerned about the aforementioned tax heads not being applied properly so I assume they are now investigating the trust (as they are obliged to investigate all allegations of potential non compliance) and its legitimacy (if it is nothing more than a freeman fiction then there can't be any tax implications, can there?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Javan

Robbo wrote: »
    Dialling up the sinister, here's a Facebook group set up to name and harass receivers and security staff. Being 16 and wearing a Guy Fawkes mask seems to be a prerequisite for membership.

I see sometime Property Tax hunger striker Tony Rochford chiming in on some of the discussion.

That group is now reported to Facebook on the basis of a credible threat of violence. It is not on to be targeting people for abuse.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Hmmmmmm......The owner of the facebook page is Grainne Mccumiskey and she lives in Newry..and using google-fu she posts on the conspiracy weirdo Jim Corr about the same freeman ****e...also her address shows up on the first page of the google search :)

Just joined the group and will post her address , whats good for the goose is good for the gander !

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭joela

returnNull wrote: »
    Hmmmmmm......The owner of the facebook page is Grainne Mccumiskey and she lives in Newry..and using google-fu she posts on the conspiracy weirdo Jim Corr about the same freeman ****e...also her address shows up on the first page of the google search :)

Just joined the group and will post her address , whats good for the goose is good for the gander !

That group is disgraceful, have reported. Just to note that the group owner claims to have been a barrister previously?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

joela wrote: »
    Just to note that the group owner claims to have been a barrister previously?:eek:
    If she was she would know of better ways to make her feelings known.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Here's another follow-up article regarding the Stud with pictures.

http://www.thejournal.ie/kennycourt-stud-farm-1063806-Sep2013/#slide-slideshow11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

I'm sorry - I know its a very serious situation for some of the people being referred to on that Facebook page, but some of the Dialog is simply hilarious.

There is an argument between 3 of them in relation to the security guard well apart from the seriousness of what they are actually discussing, its comical!

FFS!

90312249.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

jd wrote: »
    FFS!

90312249.jpg

Does Brehon Law override Natural Law? Is there one which takes precedence?

Do they also have the Holy Lance used to poke Jesus in the side to make sure he was dead?

These signs on gates remind me of this in St Albans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

1212100937300.jpg

Surprise Surprise - Ben was there too :)

270149.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

returnNull wrote: »

Lovely activity on her page

270158.png

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

jd wrote: »
    Surprise Surprise - Ben was there too :)

270149.jpg

Marching in the goose-step that symbolizes a free and fair society no less!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

hardCopy wrote: »
    Lovely activity on her page

270158.png

Jesus, time to call the gardai if the comments are to be believed!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭joela

Looks like Tony Rochford tagged along for the party too, another downtrodden soul :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Anyone in Judge Irvine's court today for a motion with a regular litigant in person?

Is that man who I can't/ don't want to/ mention a freeman or just a frequent litigant pursuing... interesting... actions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I wonder how this will escalate.

The receivers obviously went away and came back when the crowd left.

Now the Rodolphus Allen Trustees (RATs?) have occupied the farm and claim to be outside the jurisdiction of the state. They have published photos of an assault on a security guard.

What now for the receivers/gardai?

Also I just spotted this: http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/debtors-protect-assets-in-private-trust-237320.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

hardCopy wrote: »

Jesus, you'd think people like Cullen would know who to turn to for advice.

I smell a massive amount of fraud going on.

Advertisement