Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

You actually need to show some sort of a valid business link towards a name or phrase or image or a logo that people can associate with you in order for it to be considered a trade mark; this is in simple terms. For example, Guinness/Diageo have the Arthur Guinness signature as a trade mark, McDonalds both the name and the yellow arch and so on.

Were you to trade mark an actual given name then you would want be be very well known and do a hell of a lot of business in your field under it; perhaps an entertainer or TV chef. The average Joe would be unlikely to be allowed to register their name as one.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭moyners

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

moyners wrote: »
    The classic Freeman/receiver standoff victory.

If Allen's claim of 2,000 members is correct and the fees have been variously reported at €200-700, quite the pot has been amassed and one of his former acolytes is none to impressed.

I've sold monorails to Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook, and by gum it put them on the map...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Speechless....

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »
    The classic Freeman/receiver standoff victory.

Victory for mob justice more like.

See how handy our freeman bull**** cross reference page "protect the names" is?

Eugene McDermott owned the farm did he? Well let us have a look down the page and what do we find at the bottom of the "e" section?? You guessed it! EUGENE MCDERMOTT(tm).

What a handy page that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

He said the receivers, gardaí, and armed gardaí later arrived at the property with, what he said “purported to be a High Court order”

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

He said the receivers, gardaí, and armed gardaí later arrived at the property with, what he said “purported to be a High Court order”

Jaysus.

The cops will just come back in a couple of days once the Rent-a-Crowd have gone home.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

hardCopy wrote: »
    The cops will just come back in a couple of days once the Rent-a-Crowd have gone home.
    Exactly what happened after Ben Gilroy's most famous Constitutionalisin' victory.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

"Middle Ireland fights back"

Since when does anyone in middle Ireland owe €7m in the Commercial Court for a 120-acre stud farm.

*Memories of the Killiney eviction*

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭moyners

"Middle Ireland fights back"

Since when does anyone in middle Ireland owe €7m in the Commercial Court for a 120-acre stud farm.

*Memories of the Killiney eviction*

Story is up on thejournal.ie with some photos. Comments should be interesting :D

Also, in photo 2 of that story there's a picture from behind of two men wearing fluorescent bibs with "Tyranny Response Team" on them. It's labelled "two local men" but the guy on the right is the spit of Ben Gilroy I reckon.

http://www.thejournal.ie/repossession-kennycourt-stud-farm-1059155-Aug2013/#slide-slideshow2

• Registered Users Posts: 1 john junior

It was Ben Gilroy

Very interesting to see how this plays out this is not like any of the other mickey mouse stints pulled before they have to take the trust to court not the individual involved that's the key difference this time compared to before

Here's a report from the Journal as to what they report actually transpired:

http://www.thejournal.ie/repossession-kennycourt-stud-farm-1059155-Aug2013/

There appear to be big differences in the details of what actually occurred here, and I'm surprised by that to be honest.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The next logical step is for the bank to apply for attachment and committal. I assume that is what they mean by "another high court order" rather than the freeman interpretation that there was a problem with the first order and it needs to be remade.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭jd

they have to take the trust to court not the individual involved that's the key difference this time compared to before
    Really..?

Interestingly, the Acorn to Oak lot who are opposed to the property tax have gone and enlisted real solicitors (and ones who'd be quite experienced with the JR process at that) and they've been assigned a Supreme Court reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Should this whole thread not be in conspiracy theories?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Should this whole thread not be in conspiracy theories?

It's kept here as a sort of educational service for those who occasionally come on here asking whether any of these crackpot interpretations hold legal water.

Also, it's fun!

It's kept here as a sort of educational service for those who occasionally come on here asking whether any of these crackpot interpretations hold legal water.

Also, it's fun!

And for Quarantine purposes.

Also, it's fun!
    On the educational aspect, this thread appears right at the top when you google "Rodolphus Allen Trust" so hopefully someone in a bad situation can be saved a few quid and a lot of heartache.

Saw this in today's Independent and it has the usual ingredients; the lengthy meandering affidavits, the unspecified allegations of fraud and she wants €2m for defamation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

seen this today... they seem to be doing something that is making life difficult for receivers

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/middle-ireland-fights-back-241354.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

its dated 29th

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Lol we're like a club! "The Lumberjacks - cutting down the oaks since before they were acorns."

Lol we're like a club! "The Lumberjacks - cutting down the oaks since before they were acorns."
    "Oh I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Ok, I sleep all night and I chastise Freemen all day."

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »
    "Oh I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Ok, I sleep all night and I chastise Freemen all day."

I use blue ink, I skip bank fees; my law's the Admiralty's;
    On Wednesday I piss off judges and all strawmen, you see :)

Advertisement