Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller Fight on Newbridge Main Street

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

JeffK88 wrote: »
    They failed they should have watched these guys the minute they arrived into the town. Its actually disgusting that our police force can not be trusted to police our streets. They don't answer phones here in Newbridge it rings out and sometimes you have to ring Naas to get through to Newbridge. Alan shatter has destroyed the policing in this country and its going to get worse

But, they're the best in the world, I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Can't open the link .

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Looks like this fued is meant to escalate --

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/loaded-sawn-off-shotgun-found-in-offaly-cemetery-1.1495283

At the grave blessing in Dundalk a few weeks ago we had riot gardai, gardai on horses and the helicopter overhead.
    Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

They failed they should have watched these guys the minute they arrived into the town. Its actually disgusting that our police force can not be trusted to police our streets. They don't answer phones here in Newbridge it rings out and sometimes you have to ring Naas to get through to Newbridge. Alan shatter has destroyed the policing in this country and its going to get worse
    Umm, yeah. I watched a similar, err, ruckus, in Rathangan, 15 years ago. The Gardai arrested one lad and put him in the back of the plod-car. Ten of his mates wandered over and took him back out, so they could , err, massage him, a bit more. The Gardai could only look on in wonder, as they appeared to have lost their desire to uphold the peace..for some reason. Not two fecks were given for the Gards that day. Not much changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Video has been removed censorship maybe or was it facebook.....

• Advertisement

Boombastic wrote: »
    But, they're the best in the world, I believe

I wonder what they got you for? You seem to have a huge chip.
    Please tell us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Ye innocent buffer fools. Ye are just not tough enuf to handle us cus you know we wud bate yas

Please tell us.
    I laughed anyway, Mr Tayto. :D

Ye innocent buffer fools. Ye are just not tough enuf to handle us cus you know we wud bate yas
    I'll fight yer father, James-Joe Shurikan.

ok, maybe not... but I'd fight roisins father..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

The population has increased by just under a million people since 1994
    So the population has increased by what 25%?

The increase in public disorder offences is of the order of 300%+

That means the increase of public order offences is disproportionately huge.

• Advertisement

Can you give us a run-down of the incidences of using a van to clatter someone? I've never seen that before, tbh.

Please tell us.

:D No chip here Tayto

How would they catch me for anything when they're in stuffing their faces with free supermacs and gambling with confiscated money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

I'm not saying you're wrong because I don't know, but it's an increase in public disorder offences reported. It doesn't necessarily mean that there was a 300% increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,000 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Where are you getting these figures from?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

:D No chip here Tayto

How would they catch me for anything when they're in stuffing their faces with free supermacs and gambling with confiscated money?

Ah go on :D Please tell me.

Public order is drink related 90% of the time i agree with you its not just travellers its all walks of society. Its down to bad policing and lack of education people need to know when one is too many but that's never going to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

New link to the vid, facebook seems to be gone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tczgVdw7W7Y

Ah go on :D Please tell me.

Did their Garda intelligence* not flag up these boyos were in town?

*an oxymoron if I ever saw one!

Ah go on. You really have to explain you're constant angst.

It did. They all headed for Naas to avoid them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

As long as they just culture on each other and ordinary people don't get hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ahjaysis

People expecting the gardai to arrive to something like that? At best, they would show up 30 minutes later with 1 squad car and a van.

Budget cuts have strained the force beyond breaking point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭johnsds

chops018 wrote: »
    and how does it even be stopped if the Guards don't interfere, although who can blame them really...thoughts?

Armed response unit will stop those ****wits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Where are you getting these figures from?

Public Order Offences in Ireland historic data
    fig. 2; pg. 45
    http://www.crimecouncil.gov.ie/downloads/Public_Order.pdf

and

Garda Report (2012)

http://www.garda.ie/Documents/User/Annual%20Report%202012.pdf

ahjaysis wrote: »
    People expecting the gardai to arrive to something like that? At best, they would show up 30 minutes later with 1 squad car and a van.

Are you saying the Gardai would have gotten involved in something like this before the cuts? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Out of interest what else are they busy doing when this happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

The jollier driving the van could have taken out innocent passers by. I'm all for letting them wipe themselves out but that's not on

I know! Fancy that. And all them other things they have to be doing..
    johnsds wrote: »
    Armed response unit will stop those ****wits
    What, next time? The ARU are camped in and around Newbridge most days. They must have "missed" this one.

From KFM... This is all that has happened since this incident

3 Arrested In Newbridge Public Order Incident
    2013-08-15 14:39:39
    3 people have been arrested and charged arising from a public order incident in Newbridge last night.

Gardai investigating alleged trespass on land by a number of camper vans in College Park issued several warnings to people there under the Housing and Miscellaneous Provisions Act.

3 people, 2 men and 1 woman, aged 36, 43 and 45, were arrested and charged arising out of the incident.

They are due to appear before the courts at Naas on August 21st next

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 fockewulf

chops018 wrote: »
    Apparently the Guards were no where to be seen. I heard they didn't go near any of the public which is good I suppose. Horrible to see, and how does it even be stopped if the Guards don't interfere, although who can blame them really...thoughts?

Some NSFW language, plus you don't see too much until about a minute. Most of it happened down the street, and apparently there was gun shot's, you can hear the bangs in the video alright but no one seems to know if they are actually shots that were fired. Maybe someone here will know from the sound.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=145090732365832&set=vb.100005947173099&type=2&theater

What!!! Members of the Travelling community engaging in a fracas in a public place? - You jest surely? Why they are the most law abiding and peace loving people in Ireland. You must be mistaken.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement