Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller Fight on Newbridge Main Street

• 15-08-2013 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Apparently the Guards were no where to be seen. I heard they didn't go near any of the public which is good I suppose. Horrible to see, and how does it even be stopped if the Guards don't interfere, although who can blame them really...thoughts?

Some NSFW language, plus you don't see too much until about a minute. Most of it happened down the street, and apparently there was gun shot's, you can hear the bangs in the video alright but no one seems to know if they are actually shots that were fired. Maybe someone here will know from the sound.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=145090732365832&set=vb.100005947173099&type=2&theater

EDIT: The above link is gone. Here is the youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tczgVdw7W7Y

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Defo champagne bottles being popped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Where the **** were the Cops!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

I wonder what Pavee point will have to say about it ?

It's their culture :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

It's their culture, stop trying to oppress them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

"Foookin' hell he's bait'n 'em with the shtick 'n evr'tin'"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

St. Jimmy wrote: »
    "Foookin' hell he's bait'n 'em with the shtick 'n evr'tin'"
    Was it filmed by a traveller?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

In a city like mine there's no point in fighting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

fcuk Facebook with its you must log in first ****e I dont have an account, Any link to non Facebook video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Couldn't see a thing apart from yer man getting mowed down by the van, rough!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Was it filmed by a traveller?

No, that's how every person in Kildare speaks. :pac:

fcuk Facebook with its you must log in first ****e I dont have an account, Any link to non Facebook video?
    I just clicked on the link and it played.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

chops018 wrote: »
    I heard they didn't go near any of the public which is good I suppose.

thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm sure I heard the Viper at 2 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I just clicked on the link and it played.

ah, im on me phone. must be a phone thing so :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

They are still in the town and it will kick off again at the weekend they are all over the place over from the UK for a wedding don't no about people here but ive never felt the need to bring a gun and run over someone at a wedding. The armed response unit are based in the town don't know where they were. Looking out my window now i can see a few of them drinking :mad:

St. Jimmy wrote: »
    No, that's how every person in Kildare speaks. :pac:

You're being racist to Kildare people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

"Run Tayyyyyyyyyyto"!

ah, im on me phone. must be a phone thing so :-(
    Itwouldn'tlooksafetoyou anyway. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

chops018 wrote: »
    Apparently the Guards were no where to be seen. I heard they didn't go near any of the public which is good I suppose. Horrible to see, and how does it even be stopped if the Guards don't interfere, although who can blame them really...thoughts?

Some NSFW language, plus you don't see too much until about a minute. Most of it happened down the street, and apparently there was gun shot's, you can hear the bangs in the video alright but no one seems to know if they are actually shots that were fired. Maybe someone here will know from the sound.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=145090732365832&set=vb.100005947173099&type=2&theater

Settler Fight in Temple Bar

Apparently the Guards were nowhere to be seen, I heard that they didn't go near any 'travellers' which is good I suppose.
    Horrible to see, but there you have it,
    ....thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

There's a thread about Gays just started as well Lads (Ctrl + N)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭conor2469

JeffK88 wrote: »
    but ive never felt the need to bring a gun and run over someone at a wedding.

With a culture as diverse and beautiful as theirs I don't think us settled folk can even begin to understand their traditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

I may well have been in newbridge today, but that was purely co-incedental. It was. No, honestly, it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

That's what Garda cuts gets you..
    Really you would need the boys in blue to arrive in force to deal with that..

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    That's what Garda cuts gets you..
    Really you would need the boys in blue to arrive in force to deal with that..

So you could argue that due to these cut backs the people in the video are now above the law considering that we don't have a sufficient police force to enforce the law and keep peace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

conor2469 wrote: »
    With a culture as diverse and beautiful as theirs I don't think us settled folk can even begin to understand their traditions.

But we can always try. We can have a national holiday each year for them. Slashhook Saturday in June? Gangfight November? Halting Site Sunday?

JeffK88 wrote: »
    ...............The armed response unit are based in the town don't know where they were. Looking out my window now i can see a few of them drinking :mad:

Who's drinking? the armed response unit or the fighters?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

So you could argue that due to these cut backs the people in the video are now above the law considering that we don't have a sufficient police force to enforce the law and keep peace.
    In a lot of areas of enforcement, yes, sadly that's beginning to be the case.

Wibbs wrote: »
    In a lot of areas of enforcement, yes, sadly that's beginning to be the case.

and in certain areas of enforcement, it's always been the case ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Boombastic wrote: »
    Who's drinking? the armed response unit or the fighters?

The boys in the video. They have two pubs in the town booked for the weekend so we haven't heard the end of this story.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Festy wrote: »
    I wonder what Pavee point will have to say about it ?

It's their culture :rolleyes:

They have consistently said that anyone involved in violence and crime should be prosecuted. I don't ever recall them defending this carry on.