Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller Fight on Newbridge Main Street

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Ireland is too small to have an effective police force. It's much too easy for the experienced criminal to intimidate a garda when they know who he is and where he lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Its part of their culture, don't blame them and don't blame the guards as its clear they are terrified of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

I like how everyone in that video is wearing a white t-shirt. It's nice that they all match!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

I cant see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Kildare is about the second most densely populated county in Ireland , I doubt its under policed , its also one of the wealthiest counties

http://www.kildarestreet.com/debates/?id=2012-09-19a.224

Under policed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Its part of their culture, don't blame them and don't blame the guards as its clear they are terrified of them!
    If there was enough of them (guards) they wouldn't be.
    I relally don't see what the big deal is...

travellers figting caught on video for all of a few minutes and ...shock horror, the cops didn't wade in and pistol whip and truncheon all involved.

If you honestly think the cops are going to be everywhere there is violence, you need to think again.
    The numbers aren't there.

The problem is this incident took place in and around 40 metres from the front door of the Gardai and these individuals are in the town since friday they know they are here so they should have had unit keeping an eye on things preferable armed units which are in the town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

When you see how efficient FAS, the HSE, our county councils, financial regulators etc. are its a shame that the Guards are letting the side down :rolleyes:

If we could only see what they have in common. Its a mystery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

JeffK88 wrote: »
    The problem is this incident took place in and around 40 metres from the front door of the Gardai and these individuals are in the town since friday they know they are here so they should have had unit keeping an eye on things preferable armed units which are in the town
    That's what I was thinking - that's right opposite the feckin barracks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

JeffK88 wrote: »
    Well, fair enough, I didn't realie that they were in town for that long.
    As for being 40m away from the station, well, depends if they were in the station or not.
    If they were, well they should have had a presence on the street at the very least, to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Guards are afraid of them.
    Burn the bastards out of it

Exactly so the question is where were they on that night especially on a weekend night ? and why has nothing been done still ? There was paddy wagons and armed units around during day time today and the usual armed patrol for the banks ... By right they should be patrolling the towns streets and the two pubs in which are booked up with these guys for the weekend for a wedding . The pubs in question should be raided if they have links to these people or at the very least an armed unit outside or on alert. This weekend will be interesting to see if the mistakes made last weekend are learned from

Guards are afraid of them.
    Burn the bastards out of it
    That's an awful thing to say about the Gards. They do their bestish, ffs. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

That's an awful thing to say about the Gards. They do their bestish, ffs. :eek:

They wouldn't be in the station anyway, they'd be all out on the mean streets, cracking crime ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

10 pages and no one has got this thread closed or anyone banned yet.......

Jesus standards are slipping on boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

This stuff really needs to get broadcasted more broadly. It's happening week in week out.

I don't know why I think this.

I guess I like seeing the likes of Matt Cooper calling a spade a spade and then whacking Pavee point on the head with it.

Towns descend into fear when a traveller wedding or funeral rolls in. Mainly because you are guaranteed to get vermin like this being utter menaces to society when there is a gathering.

I wouldn't be a guard or a publican for all the money in the world when dealing with the likes of these. They are completely lawless and so dangerous they are almost untouchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

WHERE IS DR BOLLOCKO ?

WHERE ??

WHERE ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,489 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

alphabeat wrote: »
    WHERE IS DR BOLLOCKO ?

WHERE ??

WHERE ?

Newbridge Garda station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

alphabeat wrote: »
    WHERE IS DR BOLLOCKO ?

WHERE ??

WHERE ?

Is he part of the ARU outside of boards do you know?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    This stuff really needs to get broadcasted more broadly. It's happening week in week out.

I guess I like seeing the likes of Matt Cooper calling a spade a spade and then whacking Pavee point on the head with it.

Towns descend into fear when a traveller wedding or funeral rolls in. Mainly because you are guaranteed to get vermin like this being utter menaces to society when there is a gathering.

I wouldn't be a guard or a publican for all the money in the world when dealing with the likes of these. They are completely lawless and so dangerous they are almost untouchable.
    pfft. Yeah right. I know a load of them, and they trade off people being scared of them. It's a great image if you're going to act the maggot. Push back, see what happens - the big front goes to pot. They are people, same as you and me. If you let them away with murder, they'll try and get away with it. Utter, utter ball owning status fail for the Gards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

ShagNastii wrote: »

They have there own laws and ways of living. Run riot when it suits them ****ing destroy areas in so many ways and theres **** all anyone can do about it.

You cant reason with them because they will probley hunt you down and make your life hell ive heard of familys who got in arguments with traveler familys and where driven out of there homes and had to live on witness protection essentially.

****ing sick situation when theres not a law around to prevent the likes of these ****ing you over.

And what makes it even worse is people stand up for them and act like there victims ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

I bet every pikey in that video is getting well funded by the tax payer despite never having done a day work.....great country for scumbags! 166 TD's in the dail each on a min €92k pa +expenses(soft money) yet not one of them will be on heard raising the issue of traveller crime in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Degringola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

that **** in the white van is obviously waiting for the new GTA to come out..

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

I know a couple who have booked a break in that area early next week. any idea what hotel is being used for the
    wedding....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

We had a good run but we're veering toward the line of exterminate em all which is never a good sign for a thread with this type of topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement