Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller Fight on Newbridge Main Street

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

PucaMama wrote: »
    Out of interest what else are they busy doing when this happened?

I had to call the Gardaí last night in relation to an incident and they were up within five minutes and stuck around for a further 20 scoping the place out.
    Although in their defence I'm not sure would could be achieved sending unarmed gardaí out to deal with that kind of behavior, at the least it would have to be a squad doing the run and I doubt the resources to send out a dozen of them are available at any one time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

ahjaysis wrote: »
    People expecting the gardai to arrive to something like that? At best, they would show up 30 minutes later with 1 squad car and a van.

Budget cuts have strained the force beyond breaking point.

Rubbish they would be to scared ****less to get involved. Anyway im sure they where to busy hiding behind a bush off a dual carriageway with a speed gun revenue raising.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

pharmaton wrote: »
    I had to call the Gardaí last night in relation to an incident and they were up within five minutes and stuck around for a further 20 scoping the place out.
    Although in their defence I'm not sure would could be achieved sending unarmed gardaí out to deal with that kind of behavior, at the least it would have to be a squad doing the run and I doubt the resources to send out a dozen of them are available at any one time.
    That could take 1 or 2 guards surely theres more than a couple of guards left in kildare

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 boss_hogg1977

im amazed this thread is still alive

dr bollocko must be on holidays , he,s this sites answer to Vincent browne when it comes to travellers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

People expecting the gardai to arrive to something like that? At best, they would show up 30 minutes later with 1 squad car and a van.

Budget cuts have strained the force beyond breaking point.

Ya. And the 30 grand of drink they got from Shell is probably slowing them down aswell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

I can't see the link help.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

PucaMama wrote: »
    That could take 1 or 2 guards surely theres more than a couple of guards left in kildare

granted, I'm not in Kildare but outside of Dublin I imagine the numbers are minimal in comparison. One or two Gards wouldn't have been enough to take on that though, not unarmed, not at least for their own safety.

biko wrote: »
    As long as they just culture on each other and ordinary people don't get hurt.

if pavee point ( aided by various do gooder QUANGO,s ) get their way and travellers are given ethnic status , any pub which shuts its doors whenever their is a tinker funeral - wedding in town , will find themselves up on hate crime charges

the quest for ethnic status is a quest for immunity from the law which would be a pretty big deal for a largely criminal sub culture

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ya. And the 30 grand of drink they got from Shell is probably slowing them down aswell!

They might have given that to you're friends the crustys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

It's a prime example of the need for CCTV on every main street in every town. That way Gardai can channel reduced resources effectively. If you ar going lawfully about your business, you won't mind the intrusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Kildare is very under policed and this is known by the Govenment and department of justice. This is article from 2005 ! Which stated more gardai needed for carlow/kildare back when the two counties were the one division 8yrs on and it has got worse
    http://www.independent.ie/regionals/carlowpeople/news/more-garda-needed-due-to-population-increase-26988638.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16,424 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Slash hooks 'r us

Glazers Out!

oldyouth wrote: »
    It's a prime example of the need for CCTV on every main street in every town. That way Gardai can channel reduced resources effectively. If you ar going lawfully about your business, you won't mind the intrusion.

Newbridge has CCTV on tall polls all over the town in fact that fight took place in front of one of these CCTV Towers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tczgVdw7W7Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The link again just in-case you missed it earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Eight Ball wrote: »
    Rubbish they would be to scared ****less to get involved. Anyway im sure they where to busy hiding behind a bush off a dual carriageway with a speed gun revenue raising.
    Oh right, really - tell us what you would do if your were on duty with one or maybe two others on the night?
    Oh I forgot, you would be hiding in bushes off a dual carriaige way at night. :rolleyes:

JeffK88 wrote: »
    Kildare is very under policed and this is known by the Govenment and department of justice. This is article from 2005 ! Which stated more gardai needed for carlow/kildare back when the two counties were the one division 8yrs on and it has got worse
    http://www.independent.ie/regionals/carlowpeople/news/more-garda-needed-due-to-population-increase-26988638.html

Kildare is about the second most densely populated county in Ireland , I doubt its under policed , its also one of the wealthiest counties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

its also one of the wealthiest counties
    Really???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,424 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

if pavee point ( aided by various do gooder QUANGO,s ) get their way and travellers are given ethnic status , any pub which shuts its doors whenever their is a tinker funeral - wedding in town , will find themselves up on hate crime charges
    l
    the quest for ethnic status is a quest for immunity from the law which would be a pretty big deal for a largely criminal sub culture

Let's be honest they already do as they please. I've seen Gardai hem them into a location to sort it out amongst themselves. There needs to be an incentive for Gardai to deal with this issue. Currently we have a disenfranchised police force who feel under fire from criminals on one side and government on the other. Travellers are part of our society. If factions of the travelling community want to live outside the law they should be taken to task as anyone else would be. Travellers don't need ethnic status they need to contribute to society at large and drop the victim stchick once and for all.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Eight Ball wrote: »

I think I can hear them crying in the background, if you listen really closely to the video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ahjaysis

Do people actually believe the gardai sit in the station all day and do nothing? They're up to their neck in work, with maybe only one or two vehicles per station.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if this was leaving cert students going on the razz, they'd have been batonned into next tuesday. I'm calling chicken on the Gards. No doubt I'll meet them at a checkpoint tomorrow and they'll be all "soooo, Mr Facker, no tax eh? Mmmmm. You're a bad man, Mr Facker, a very bad man.. "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Do people actually believe the gardai sit in the station all day and do nothing? They're up to their neck in work, with maybe only one or two vehicles per station.

BS! they are out eating doughnuts

Really???
    I skew the statistics somwhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

They need to be culled
    Vermin

mod: banned

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Kildare is about the second most densely populated county in Ireland , I doubt its under policed , its also one of the wealthiest counties

Wow tell me more about this wonderful place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Get a slash hook in the head? see that murderous bastard in the van? time we armed the thin blue line?

Wow tell me more about this wonderful place
    It has horses. And Ray D'Arcy. And bogs. It's wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

And Slash Hooks, don't forget the slash hooks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Oh look hes batein him with a stick and everything!

Part is funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It has horses. And Ray D'Arcy. And bogs. It's wonderful.

and a great good average football team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement