Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller Fight on Newbridge Main Street

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The driver of the van has to be done for attempted murder, ****ing crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

73430 was the registeration number on the Van. Handy to have

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

FTA69 wrote: »
    They have consistently said that anyone involved in violence and crime should be prosecuted. I don't ever recall them defending this carry on.

They talk about it like it's isolated incidents that occur with the same frequency as in the rest of society. Instead of accepting that getting tanked up and having fights between individuals or between families or extended families is endemic in traveller society. It's an issue that should be addressed and not excused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭theSHU

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'm sure I heard the Viper at 2 minutes.

That was Shíte in a Bucket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

What's worrying is the Garda Station is less than a 2 minute walk from where these scumbags were fighting. They have no fear of the Gardai, they only understand brutality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Sure what else is there to do when the blessing of the graves is over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

There was a time in Ireland where you saw a fight like that you'd know it was travellers straight away.

Not any more.

That's not to say there isn't a huge problem with violence amongst travellers. But the rest of the population is moving in that direction, not receding from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,343 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

There was a time in Ireland where you saw a fight like that you'd know it was travellers straight away.

Not any more.

That's not to say there isn't a huge problem with violence amongst travellers. But the rest of the population is moving in that direction, not receding from it.

Ah now, don't see many settled people flakin each other at funerals and weddings in fairness and having slash hooks in the car just in case they might be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Mad Thats all I can say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Not any more.

You're right there. There is a serious problem with violence in Ireland and it is getting worse. It used to be that a few digs would be thrown and people would walk away but now people are not happy until somebody gets their head kicked in. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well as long as it's only themselves....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

That's Newbridge for ya :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I can't make out a thing. It was recorded on a 3310.

FearDark wrote: »
    It was recorded on a 3310.

Are them yokes still going??

Are them yokes still going??

Saw a taxi man with one last week.

Instant nostalgia!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Are dem's dere d'indigenous paeples of Ireland like?

Or maybe it's the <insert family name here> Gathering?

Oh holy jaysus! I'd have thought most people would have moved into the noughties :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Oh holy jaysus! I'd have thought most people would have moved into the noughties :)
    I know, - a Nokia 3310? Unreal.

Oops a 3310 was released in 2000 :o

Not in Tipp! We are currently 14 years behind the rest of Ireland.

*awaits millenium bug meltdown*

• Advertisement

FearDark wrote: »
    Not in Tipp! We are currently 14 years behind the rest of Ireland.

*awaits millenium bug meltdown*
    Still running each other over with Lite-Aces there, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Ah now, don't see many settled people flakin each other at funerals and weddings in fairness and having slash hooks in the car just in case they might be needed.
    If you think I'm saying travellers don't have a violence problem you're wrong. Nobody could doubt their feuding issues, cultural violence, and indications of their systematic violence toward women. It is appalling.

I'm saying the general public is becoming more disorderly itself.

In 1994 there were less than 10,000 public order offences committed in the country.

In the past number of years, it's been around 45,000 or more.

Still running each other over with Lite-Aces there, eh?

Town-Ace's actually! We have posh travellers in Tipp.

Boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

If you think I'm saying travellers don't have a violence problem you're wrong. Nobody could doubt their feuding issues, cultural violence, and indications of their systematic violence toward women. It is appalling.

I'm saying the general public is becoming more disorderly itself.

In 1994 there were less than 10,000 public order offences committed in the country.

In the past number of years, it's been around 45,000 or more.

The population has increased by just under a million people since 1994 and also more live in urban areas along with increase in wealth and then decrease so crime would go up with those factors. Also with cut backs in garda numbers, Funding, Pay reduction and removal of the uzi from armed gardai this will continue to get worse. and These lads have been at this for years
    The Armed Unit were set up for this very reason to police this sort of crime. Several members of the community have been arrested already for refusing to move their campervans from the streets of the town and housing estates. I imagine the armed units have something planned for the weekend so because a repeat of last weekend cannot happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

9959 wrote: »
    Settler Fight in Temple Bar

Apparently the Guards were nowhere to be seen, I heard that they didn't go near any 'travellers' which is good I suppose.
    Horrible to see, but there you have it,
    ....thoughts?
    And the way settled women get married off at 16 too.

JeffK88 wrote: »
    The population has increased by just under a million people since 1994 and also more live in urban areas along with increase in wealth and then decrease so crime would go up with those factors. Also with cut backs in garda numbers, Funding, Pay reduction and removal of the uzi from armed gardai this will continue to get worse. and These lads have been at this for years
    The Armed Unit were set up for this very reason to police this sort of crime. Several members of the community have been arrested already for refusing to move their campervans from the streets of the town and housing estates. I imagine the armed units have something planned for the weekend so because a repeat of last weekend cannot happen.
    I'm sure I'm not alone in saying they were doing a fabulous job in that video.

I presume that was them hiding in the corner somwhere shooting into the air?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

theSHU wrote: »
    That was Shíte in a Bucket

That was Simon Burke-Fitzgerald from Sandymount auditioning for a part in Love/Hate series 4 !

Honest, I know the guy !

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

"Run Tayyyyyyyyyyto"!

Fcuk !!!!
    I dropped my tea and made for the bloody door. Thought someone was creeping up behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying they were doing a fabulous job in that video.

I presume that was them hiding in the corner somwhere shooting into the air?

They failed they should have watched these guys the minute they arrived into the town. Its actually disgusting that our police force can not be trusted to police our streets. They don't answer phones here in Newbridge it rings out and sometimes you have to ring Naas to get through to Newbridge. Alan shatter has destroyed the policing in this country and its going to get worse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Has the link gone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement