Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Methods of Execution.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

How can 1.3 billion people be wrong!

When they all think the same thing, and its incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 GreenGables

The death penalty thread is back again this weekend. So lets say we take it on, what method would you use?

Beheading by axe or sword on a chopping block. Let the public watch. They can bring a picnic and make a day of it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Being buried up to your neck in dirt and stoned is still used in some African countries. They usually occur in football stadiums and are open to the public.
    In some of those countries if the person is able to struggle out of the ground they are allowed to go free. The men have their hands and feet tied before they are buried but the women are tied and then have their whole body wrapped up tightly in a sheet. Shows their consistent attitude to females.

Beheading by axe or sword on a chopping block. Let the public watch. They can bring a picnic and make a day of it. :)
    They still do this in parts of the middle east, you can take the kids there on holiday :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 GreenGables

They still do this in parts of the middle east, you can take the kids there on holiday :p.

I'd never travel there. The furthest east I would ever want to go is Scotland. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Tie them to a tree and stick em with a bayonet.. either that or flamethrower to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Did you know coates and suggs?

Not personally. I've read a lot about them though, and other gangland criminals for that matter.

Burst into their cell when they are **** off and they will die of shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

The Vikings used to cut open your stomach, pull out your intestines and tie you to a tree with them.
    Phoenix Park would be a great place to do that.

As far as I recall it was the Viking killer of brian boru who was executed that way by the irish after the battle of contarf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Do those squares show up as something else on iPhone or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Rasheed wrote: »
    The 'One bullet, bang bang' is part of a D'Unbelievables sketch.

Put him up against a wall in the middle of a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Do those squares show up as something else on iPhone or something?

It is Maori for 'how do I get banned'?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭claypigeon777

It would have to be the Pear of Anguish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Not personally. I've read a lot about them though, and other gangland criminals for that matter.

And you believe every you read even though you dont know the people your talking about?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

What about the Ugandan tried and tested method of the good old lump hammer ?

Cheaper than a bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Riddle101

And you believe every you read even though you dont know the people your talking about?

:rolleyes:

That doesn't make sense. If I read about them, then I would know about them wouldn't I? So I do know the people I'm talking about. Just not personally. Kind've like how I don't know Hitler or Stalin personally, but I do know them, and the things they've done. Based off of the books i've read, and common knowledge of course.

Do I believe everything I read? That depends on the source. I've read books on Ireland's gangland for years. I would consider them a legitimate source for finding out information on these types of people. How else do you find information? But do I believe everything in the Irish media like in a newspapes for instance. Again, it depends on the newspaper but i'd only use it for need to know basis only. Like the news.

Anyway now I have a question. Do you have a personal stake in this yourself? Do you know them personally? I sense it might be more with you. Given your attitude towards me. The rolleyes don't do you any justice either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Necklacing sounds horrific: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necklacing. I remember it was in Max Payne 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,296 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The oldest one is probably hanging, the British had the long drop system which supposedly broke the neck on impact
    Actually, hang mans noose kills them instantly. Sometimes you don't want to kill them :P
    It'll never happen, but the guillotine was efficient and left no doubt as to timeframe.
    FYI; after getting their head chopped off, they stay alive for up to 15 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Riddle101 wrote: »
    That doesn't make sense. If I read about them, then I would know about them wouldn't I? So I do know the people I'm talking about. Just not personally. Kind've like how I don't know Hitler or Stalin personally, but I do know them, and the things they've done. Based off of the books i've read, and common knowledge of course.

Do I believe everything I read? That depends on the source. I've read books on Ireland's gangland for years. I would consider them a legitimate source for finding out information on these types of people. How else do you find information? But do I believe everything in the Irish media like in a newspapes for instance. Again, it depends on the newspaper but i'd only use it for need to know basis only. Like the news.

Anyway now I have a question. Do you have a personal stake in this yourself? Do you know them personally? I sense it might be more with you. Given your attitude towards me. The rolleyes don't do you any justice either.

Yes i did know one of them, no stake in it and i certinly dont believe everything i read in the papers or books

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

MJ23 wrote: »
    1 bullet, bang bang
    Surely that would be two bullets?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

coolhull wrote: »
    Surely that would be two bullets?

Are you post modern with that reply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Put him up against a wall in the middle of a field.

Good man Dan.....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,001 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Why? Being a member of the firing squad would be their job, not just a one off gig.
    even more expensive then as 1000000000 per execution would have to be payed, its a reasonable some of money for the job at hand

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

even more expensive then as 1000000000 per execution would have to be payed, its a reasonable some of money for the job at hand

I'd do it for 100 quid a session. Just putting it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Work them in the mines until they die. You kill them will added befits of getting ore for cheap. We can encorage them to work by having a quota that if they achive they get their freedom. Only to be shot in the head as they leave. We can also use their bodies for school dinners after they died. I head their is lottle meat in old gym mats.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

No I think people have some good inside and execution shouldn't do done.

Unless its Osama Ben Landen etc were talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭claypigeon777

Crucifixion has to be one of the worst ways to die.
    The Roman executions usually had a little seat on the cross for the condemned to sit on so the agony would be prolonged.
    The condemned would try to relieve the pain in the feet by putting it on the wrists (the nails were driven through the wrist joint rather than the back of the palms which would tear) and then back on the feet and so on and so on.
    The chest was stretched from hanging and the condemned would find it hard to breath.
    The hot sun on exposed skin would roast him/her alive while there would be no way to keep off the flies.
    Some people would last for days before they died usually from a combination of thirst, sun stroke, exhaustion and infection.
    To hasten their death the two criminals crucified with Christ had their legs broken.
    Unable to support themselves with their legs they would have been unable to breath and would have died quickly.
    Christ died sooner because during his scourging he would have been worked over with a rod followed by the cat o nine tails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

made to watch endless reruns of Ros na Run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

There should be an island or area of wasteland which has a certain number of hidden melee weapons and predatory wildlife. All subject to death penalty will be sent here and we watch for entertainment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,201 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Crucifixion has to be one of the worst ways to die.
    The Roman executions usually had a little seat on the cross for the condemned to sit on so the agony would be prolonged.

Oh, yeah. If we didn't have crucifixion, this country'd be in a right bloody mess. Best thing the Romans ever did for us...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement