Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Methods of Execution.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭claypigeon777

Oh, yeah. If we didn't have crucifixion, this country'd be in a right bloody mess. Best thing the Romans ever did for us...

Did I say the Roman's sometimes drove a nail through the genitals?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

the_syco wrote: »
    Actually, hang mans noose kills them instantly. Sometimes you don't want to kill them :P

FYI; after getting their head chopped off, they stay alive for up to 15 seconds.

imagine if someone picked him up and volleyed him

Bruthal wrote: »
    It was available in Utah up to 2004, and was an option inmates could choose. I think 3 are still awaiting execution who chose it before it was removed as an option, so it might still happen.
    I always thought firing squad was reserved for soldiers for some reason

'Twas a religious thing I believe, practiced only in Utah and no other state because of the Mormons. Can't exactly quote you scripture here or anything, but the gist of it was that because Jesus shed His blood on the cross, the condemned could atone for their crimes by shedding blood during the execution.

Dunno why they abolished it. I mean I don't agree with the murder of criminals by the state any more than I agree with the murder of citizens by criminals, but if it absolutely has to stay on the statute books then firing squad does seem more humane at least.

As recently as 1977 the last prisoner was garroted in Spain, while another was beheaded (!) :eek: in France the same year where the guillotine wasn't abolished until capital punishment was abandoned in 1981

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Oh, yeah. If we didn't have crucifixion, this country'd be in a right bloody mess. Best thing the Romans ever did for us...

All right, all right… Apart from better sanitation, and medicine, and education, and irrigation, and public health, and roads, and a freshwater system, and baths, and public order… What have the Romans done for us?

• Advertisement

Jester252 wrote: »
    Work them in the mines until they die. You kill them will added befits of getting ore for cheap. We can encorage them to work by having a quota that if they achive they get their freedom. Only to be shot in the head as they leave. We can also use their bodies for school dinners after they died. I head their is lottle meat in old gym mats.

jesus-weeping.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

They missed one......
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism

There's also a Chinese method that survived into relatively recent times, whereby the prisoner is kept in a cage, standing on his toes, with his hands tied behind his back. His head is outside and above the cage, through an opening small enough to leaving him hanging by his head should he slip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Being buried up to your neck in dirt and stoned is still used in some African countries. They usually occur in football stadiums and are open to the public.

Open to public yes, but they are never in a stadium as it's usually done under sharia law so in other words in a sandy / rocky patch with lots of stones and then one big ass rock to finish em off at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

kneemos wrote: »
    A bullet in the head is fairly reliable and painless.Much prefer to electrocution or injection.

One shotgun pressed to the back of the head is more reliable than a firing squad with rifles, not so pleasant for the firer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Yes i did know one of them, no stake in it and i certinly dont believe everything i read in the papers or books

Fact of the matter is. They were two notorious criminals who were apart of a very notorious gang(The Westies) in Dublin at the time. They've been involved in armed robberies, extortion, drug dealing and all sorts of crimes. This information is legit. So what else is there to say about it. Are you trying to victimize them and make them out to be misunderstood guys because of what is written about them in the papers or books? Or do you just not like what is written about them for some personnel reason? Hence why I asked do you know them. But those books and papers have painted a clear picture about the type of guys they are. Maybe they exaggerate it a bit, but it's not untrue what's been said about them either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

For non state-sanctioned killings, execution by guillotine.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Take all your criminals who are sentenced to death each year, put them on an island and have them sort it out themselves, Battle Royale style.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

the_syco wrote: »
    FYI; after getting their head chopped off, they stay alive for up to 15 seconds.
    Highly unlikely. Conscious? A couple of seconds maybe, but that would be it as the drop of blood pressure to zero would be near instant. The story usually quoted to back up this theory is utterly bogus. There is no record of any doctor attending the execution in such a manner and contemporary photos don't show him either. Plus the design of the basket for the severed heads would simply make it impossible for the guy to make such observations.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Wibbs wrote: »
    Highly unlikely. Conscious? A couple of seconds maybe, but that would be it as the drop of blood pressure to zero would be near instant. The story usually quoted to back up this theory is utterly bogus. There is no record of any doctor attending the execution in such a manner and contemporary photos don't show him either. Plus the design of the basket for the severed heads would simply make it impossible for the guy to make such observations.

The brain can stay aware for a bit without oxygen apparently rather than the drop in blood pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

A completely pointless thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Yes you would have to be of your head posting in here...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

The worst would be boiling.
    Imagine being boiled alive.
    Or put in the brazen bull. That's when you were out inside a big brass bull and locked inside it. Then a fire was started under the belly of the bull and basically you were cooked inside it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Or put in the brazen bull. That's when you were out inside a big brass bull and locked inside it. Then a fire was started under the belly of the bull and basically you were cooked inside it

And there were pipes in it to make your screams sound like a bulls roar. The guy who created it was the first guy to feel the pain from it :D But he didn't die.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

And you believe every you read even though you dont know the people your talking about?

:rolleyes:
    I do. Especially the bits when known drug dealers are killed and their mother is quoted saying what lovely people they were, wouldnt hurt a fly and never touched drugs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

how about placing people in a big brother type house? make them fight to the death using a variety of weapons. broadcast it all on channel five or tv 3 or some other trashy channel. might at least make a few pounds out of it. the winner gets to spend the rest of his life in jail,
    sarcasm but we are a world over run with inhuman creatures who rape murder and destroy everything they can out of greed sloth and ignorance. why do we insist that they have the same rights as people who abide by the worlds rules ?
    I reckon if you don't behave like a human you shouldn't get the same rights as every other human being

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Death by Hubba Bubba.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dracula88

The guillotine is the most humane method of execution due to it's efficiency and it is a quick way to execute somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Double click.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Shallow grave, bag of lime & a .45 ACP round to the back of the napper...sorted :eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Dracula88 wrote: »
    The guillotine is the most humane method of execution due to it's efficiency and it is a quick way to execute somebody.

It was claimed that in some cases the head was alive & responsive for up to 10 seconds after decapitation.
    Nice thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Sat on by a fat bloke with a well sweaty arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

The worst and probably most cruelest is immurement, where the person is locked in a box and left to starve to death. It was used in Mongolia up to about 100 years ago or so. It could take up to two weeks for the person to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

A sack full of doornobs would do the trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

• Advertisement
Advertisement