Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,192 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

e_e wrote: »
    Do any of you reckon that holding on to your summer trading cards will bring you more money for them later on?

They've already risen in price since the sale ended.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Don't spend as much as I used to during these sales as I used to but here's what I got during the 2 weeks from both steam and over vendors anyways:

Nuuvem:
    NBA 2k13 steam key €3

Steam:
    Cs go
    Terraria
    Chivalry
    Tropico 4 Collectors bundle
    Deus ex and missing link Dlc
    <p><p>Sleeping dogs </p></p>
    <p><p>Worms revolution + dlc</p></p>
    <p><p>Dishonoured knife of dunwall </p></p>
    <p><p>DLC quest</p></p>
    <p><p>Just Cause</p></p>
    <p><p>Half life ep 1+2</p></p>
    <p><p>Bastion</p></p>
    <p><p>Some tomb raider dlc</p></p>
    <p><p>Portal 2</p></p>
    <p><p>Orcs must die 2</p></p>
    <p><p>Shogun 2 Rise of the samurai dlc</p></p>
    <p><p>Saints row 3 season pass dlc</p></p>

Amazon:
    <p><p>Dark souls prepare to die ed steam key - €5

<p><p>Spent about €25 in total which isn't that much considering all I got as I get most of my steam games from my Russian "friend" ;)

<Oh and all my steam games are kept as gifts in my inventory for the time being in case I decide to trade them or never get the time to play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Dipped back in for a few more games I definitely didn't need as the clock was counting down!!

Final tally:

Civillization V Gold €9.99
    Commandos 2 Men of Courage €0.99
    Deus Ex Collection €6.29
    Dishonored + DLC €16.62
    Fallout New Vegas Ultimate €4.99
    Gary's Mod €2.49
    GTA Complete Pack (ROW) €12.49
    Left 4 Dead 2 €4.99
    Mark of the Ninja €3.74
    Mass Effect Collection €11.99
    Monaco €6.94
    Portal Bundle €6.24
    Rayman Origins €5.09
    Sim City 4 Deluxe €2.99
    Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion €9.24
    Terraria €2.49
    The Binding of Isaac €1.24
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition €23.99
    The Walking Dead €6.24
    Torchlight 2 €4.74
    Total War Shogun 2 Collection €11.24
    To the Moon €2.39
    Trine Complete €4.29
    Universe Sandbox €3.99
    XCOM Enemy Unknown (ROW) €9.99

So €175.68 spent in total.

What do I do now?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I feel empty inside without the sale

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

seklly wrote: »
    What do I do now?!

Go back to life and don't look at your machine until the next Steam Sale - Haloween?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They've already risen in price since the sale ended.

I expected them to rise myself... Wish I had of kept all my summer cards now :( .. The foil I got rid of aswell increased to €2 from €1 ... Damn it anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is Euro Truck Simulator anything like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I hate saying it but EA's big franchises and games were really missed during the Steam sale this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Steam Summer Sale prices still on at GamersGate

sale.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I feel empty inside without the sale

Me too. No more crashing the servers every day at 10am and 6pm. No more thread where people convince me to buy games I didn't know existed. *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Civ V Gold Edition, Tropico 4, System Shock 2 and Mark of the Ninja for €20, all four I readily want to play so happy with my dealings

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Vojera wrote: »
    Me too. No more crashing the servers every day at 10am and 6pm. No more thread where people convince me to buy games I didn't know existed. *sigh*

At least we've all still got "Convoy" in our heads though, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

When is the next sale start again? I still have a few fingers and a kidney left after I paid the money lenders. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Total Steam Summer sale damage including gifts was €65.48 , would have been more but for the €83.35 that I spent in the Amazon Summer sale :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I hate saying it but EA's big franchises and games were really missed during the Steam sale this time around.

They did have a sale on The Sims, if that counts?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I didn't buy one thing in the sale... I think i may be sick :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Bought Civ 5 Gold Edition. I thought people were having a joke saying you don't realize the time passing. Sat down at around 2 yesterday and only stopped when I needed to go to the toilet. Thought the clock on my phone was broken. So addictive. Just one more turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Bought Civ 5 Gold Edition. I thought people were having a joke saying you don't realize the time passing. Sat down at around 2 yesterday and only stopped when I needed to go to the toilet. Thought the clock on my phone was broken. So addictive. Just one more turn.

I have the same problem when playing total war

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

I have the same problem when playing total war

I spent so much damn time playing the stupid game I missed the entire last day of the summer sale. I've already played for 12 hours and I only got it yesterday. Factor in that I work from 08:00-17:30.

Brave New World anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

FrostyJack wrote: »
    When is the next sale start again? I still have a few fingers and a kidney left after I paid the money lenders. :D

All donated using skills learned in Surgeon Simulator?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Oh god, Kerbal Space Program. Launching my first rocket, had no idea what I was doing. Couldn't figure out how to advance the throttle and accidently turned on the fuel pump. So fuel wasting away, throttle won't move and rocket still sitting on the pad. I hit spacebar and the capsule jumps slightly off the fuel tank and lands back on it. Didn't know I was activating the decoupler. Then I activate the parachute. So much for a first launch.:D Really need to read a manual on this, the tutorial leave out so much useful info, it was still funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

All ye who just picked up a Total War game I urge ye to look at the modding community on TotalWarCentre.

It makes the game immensely better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Oh god, Kerbal Space Program. Launching my first rocket, had no idea what I was doing. Couldn't figure out how to advance the throttle and accidently turned on the fuel pump. So fuel wasting away, throttle won't move and rocket still sitting on the pad. I hit spacebar and the capsule jumps slightly off the fuel tank and lands back on it. Didn't know I was activating the decoupler. Then I activate the parachute. So much for a first launch.:D Really need to read a manual on this, the tutorial leave out so much useful info, it was still funny though.

I played the first three tutorials, taking 90 mins, and am still none the wiser :D

I bet it'll all come together in the 4th tutorial :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

All ye who just picked up a Total War game I urge ye to look at the modding community on TotalWarCentre.

It makes the game immensely better.

There's a ton of stuff on the steam workshop for TW: Shogun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

left shift is throttle up and left crtl trottle down..i havant a clue what im doing but its a great game :D

There's a ton of stuff on the steam workshop for TW: Shogun too.

Mostly maps but TWC has total combat overhauls and changes in Japanese time period. All for the better. I suggest Darthmod.

If you go ther check out the Medieval 2 Hosted mods and look in awe of why we love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Mostly maps but TWC has total combat overhauls and changes in Japanese time period. All for the better. I suggest Darthmod.

If you go ther check out the Medieval 2 Hosted mods and look in awe of why we love this game.

Yeah I got Darthmod from the workshop I haven't really had the time to get stuck into it yet, I'm looking forward to spending several hundred hours on it when I can tho :D

Get the TWC version. Its better since the workshop has a size limit so he had to cut certain parts.

The Segihara Campaign is a whole new start scenario. Shogun 2 is the most limited game due to unfortunate circumstances.

Medieval 2 is by far the best simply for Third Age: Total War.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Get the TWC version. Its better since the workshop has a size limit so he had to cut certain parts.

The Segihara Campaign is a whole new start scenario. Shogun 2 is the most limited game due to unfortunate circumstances.

Medieval 2 is by far the best simply for Third Age: Total War.

I have tw2 a few months now and still using vanilla. For me its mainly online battles. Must try and finish at least on campaign.

Bought civ5 but honestly I dont get it, whats the goals? Could it be im too used to total war?

• Advertisement

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    I have tw2 a few months now and still using vanilla. For me its mainly online battles. Must try and finish at least on campaign.

Bought civ5 but honestly I dont get it, whats the goals? Could it be im too used to total war?

Vanilla ususaly sucks ass. The AI is weaksauce but the mods make it so much better.

And the goal of every Civ is to become the dominant Superpower through Conquest, culture or diplomacy.

Advertisement