Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"And that was an average song from Jason Derulo there"

Absolutely pissed myself laughing at that on the podcast today. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

What was I supposed to say this morning when Ray asked me 'What are ya wearing?' Totally caught me for a loop! The only thing that could come out of my mouth was 'eeeeemmmmmm' :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

What was I supposed to say this morning when Ray asked me 'What are ya wearing?' Totally caught me for a loop! The only thing that could come out of my mouth was 'eeeeemmmmmm' :P

You could have said... my birthday nothing :P

You could have said... my birthday nothing :P

Haha! Maybe yesterday, when it was my birthday, but that wouldn't fly today then ;) raging though! I want another go!!

Haha! Maybe yesterday, when it was my birthday, but that wouldn't fly today then ;) raging though! I want another go!!

I'd say it's much harder while on the phone :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

First time I've seen him in ages. Whenever he puts on weight it goes straight on his face

Innuendo during 7 days today.
    RAY - Dave what's your favorite hole
    Deeno - DON'T ANSWER THAT QUESTION

Cue Everyone Laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Innuendo during 7 days today.

Cue Everyone Laughing

Loving that game this week. I think it has changed the rules every day so far, but the jingle is the best part.

iseegirls wrote: »
    but the jingle is the best part.

Keep singing it away to myself...

DING DONG DING DONG ..Lets play 7 Days ( Ahh ooooohhh)
    DING DONG DING DONG ..Lets play 7 Days
    well if it's prize's that you seek then answer questions on the week
    lets play 7 days
    lets play 7 days
    DING DONG

• Advertisement

Keep singing it away to myself...

DING DONG DING DONG ..Lets play 7 Days ( Ahh ooooohhh)
    DING DONG DING DONG ..Lets play 7 Days
    well if it's prize's that you seek then answer questions on the week
    lets play 7 days
    lets play 7 days
    DING DONG

The jingle is brilliant! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Claire Solan: I'm going to review Pacific Ring

JP: Pacific Rim?

Ray: Same thing essentially

:pac::pac::pac:

Deeno is a Gaeilgóir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I heard an ad earlier, and Deeno said, something along the lines of: It's Aideen from the Ray Foley Show! So she's technically a member then? That's cool, I just thought she was a newsreader/contributor.

Also agree with the posts that say Philip Egan is really doing well. I'd say he gets a least one great zinger in a day. Did miss Adrian, but Phil has stepped up admirably imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The sausage making has me in absolute stitches. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I heard an ad earlier, and Deeno said, something along the lines of: It's Aideen from the Ray Foley Show! So she's technically a member then? That's cool, I just thought she was a newsreader/contributor.

Also agree with the posts that say Philip Egan is really doing well. I'd say he gets a least one great zinger in a day. Did miss Adrian, but Phil has stepped up admirably imo.

There is an ad that is done by the big dramatic voiced guy saying, "Ray, JP, Phil, and Deeno. Dublins breakfast team from hell." And deenos twitter she says she is the token bird on the ray foley show.

I've never considered the four lads to be anything other than a team.

A question for the loyal members of the good ship foley.

The current foursome of ray,JP, phill/Adrian, and deeno.

OR

ray,JP, Ann, Adelle.

Which do we prefer ?

I like the current lot as they are very good and mix very very well and three of the four seem to have been friends for a good few years. It shows in the delivery of links.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Adele really went down since she had the baby, so basically the vast majority or their time as a foursome. For that reason I'm going with the current foursome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Wasnt ever a massive fan of foley on Today fm but have caught him on air a good bit lately and ive enjoyed what ive heard. This morning he was doing a mix and managed to mix Evacuate the dancefloor into Enya's Orrinoco flow, now it was obviously premised but i like the cheekiness of the concept and the fact they were doing it on breakfast. if Foleya nd co dont take a rake of listeners off 104 i'll eat my hat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I think Ray, JP and Ann were the ultimate team tbh. Maybe that's just rose tinted glasses, but I'd still rate that particular line up higher than the current one.

The current line up is a very close second though. :)
    heybaby wrote: »
    Wasnt ever a massive fan of foley on Today fm but I've caught him on air a good bit lately and ive enjoyed what ive heard. This morning he was doing a mix and managed to mix Evacuate the dancefloor into Enya's Orrinoco flow, now it was obviously premised but i like the cheekiness of the concept and the fact they were doing it on breakfast. if Foleya nd co dont take a rake of listeners off 104 i'll eat my hat.

He actually mixed that live (well, if it wasn't live, it was very well planned) on Wednesday or Thursday when he was messing around with the Traktor DJ app on his iPad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I think Ray, JP and Ann were the ultimate team tbh. Maybe that's just rose tinted glasses, but I'd still rate that particular line up higher than the current one.
    Ann is great.. but if I'd the choice, I'd make Nordy a regular part of the team..

.. always hilarious!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Nordy's great alright. He doesn't get half enough time on the new show tbh. :(

Also, just listening to today's podcast now, burst out laughing at Eh, Yeah, OK when he was like "John and Caroline will ye come back on next week?" and John said Yeah so he went "Well John said yeah so he's gone... Caroline can come back next week." :pac:

was anyone in Limerick today from this thread.. was in town and someone in front of me was singing the jingle for the Ding dong 7 days quiz.. quite loud too I might add :P .. felt like joining in and doing harmony :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

wnolan1992 wrote: »

The current line up is a very close second though. :)

He actually mixed that live (well, if it wasn't live, it was very well planned) on Wednesday or Thursday when he was messing around with the Traktor DJ app on his iPad. :)

Traktor Dj can turn anyone into a "Dj"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Traktor Dj can turn anyone into a "Dj"

Even Foley!

Lads are off today. What's this going to the news on time lark ?

Has JP changed his surname all of a sudden ? Brian whatshisname has referred to the two lads as "the foleys", unless Kate has switched to 98fm from the Montrose it's not funny Brian. He's playing best bits now thankfully. The wax museum story is playing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I hate the way they play clips of the show when they're off

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Has JP changed his surname all of a sudden ? Brian whatshisname has referred to the two lads as "the foleys", unless Kate has switched to 98fm from the Montrose it's not funny Brian. He's playing best bits now thankfully. The wax museum story is playing now.

Still at it today. I've heard him refer to them as 'the Foleys' at least 3 times within the last 10mins. Good work Brian.

Advertisement