Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Anglo Irish Tapes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Have you had your head in the ground for the last few years? There have been countless criminal investigations into Anglo and mounds of evidence was carted away from their old HQ. If there was a case to be brought against anyone in Anglo, it would have been done by now.

Just let it go.

It is already gone, none of the politicians of the main parties want an inquiry into the banks, look at the list of our representatives who have got soft loans from them. Remember Garrett the good, taking AIB off the hook when in trouble, he invested in Guinness Peat aviation, lost his bolli(k$ and who wrote off the loan AIB. Cosy little country for the few. So was Cuba under Bastista.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

It is already gone, none of the politicians of the main parties want an inquiry into the banks, look at the list of our representatives who have got soft loans from them. Remember Garrett the good, taking AIB off the hook when in trouble, he invested in Guinness Peat aviation, lost his bolli(k$ and who wrote off the loan AIB. Cosy little country for the few. So was Cuba under Bastista.

Who bankrolled Batista's Cuba? The US Mafia. I have a feeling that Anglo Irish Bank was our version of a state sanctioned money laundering facility for gangsters that was part of the Good Friday (ironically formerly known as Anglo Irish!) agreement! Since that time, you notice the amount of developers and property development rose and also the level of organised crime!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Exactly, a few hardcore lefties getting together outside Leinster House won't accomplish anything.

Anyway, this will all have blown over in a week or two.

DUBACC wrote: »
    Meaning?

Hopefully this is what Inda meant earlier when he said there was a criminal case due before the courts early next year.

I was trying to be polite, I did not want to put an O in it. As for your belief in Inda's comment, it's good for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭emo72

someone please tell me that theres not worse coming in the morning? dont tell me INM are saving the best till last!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

williams is on the ball ,he will have better to come

Who bankrolled Batista's Cuba? The US Mafia. I have a feeling that Anglo Irish Bank was our version of a state sanctioned money laundering facility for gangsters that was part of the Good Friday (ironically formerly known as Anglo Irish!) agreement! Since that time, you notice the amount of developers and property development rose and also the level of organised crime!

Jaysus, get help, or join another party.

williams is on the ball ,he will have better to come

Ye that is what he thought when he went to the News of the World.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Hopefully this is what Inda meant earlier when he said there was a criminal case due before the courts early next year.

I was trying to be polite, I did not want to put an O in it. As for your belief in Inda's comment, it's good for a laugh.

I get you - although it's more of a hope than a belief but don't let that get in the way of hurling obscenities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

No. It is just another reminder that Ireland is a corrupt, self serving incompetent dictatorship where ALL offices of authority are a clique and don't give a hoot about the people.

Ireland is corrupted to the god damn core and has been since the eamonn delvera (sp?) era and him handing us over to the church.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fiery biscuits

Scumbags and cowboys

Never again will I entertain a person who says that we need to pay huge salaries and pensions in order to get suitable candidates for top jobs.

`Pay peanuts, get monkeys`. Evidently, the monkeys were in charge and now everyone is paid peanuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MuchoLoco

I can't understand why the Irish people are taking all this crap not even a decent protest I suppose people are only out for themselves these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

I didn't press the link. Is this another recording to be reported in the paper tomorrow, or later today now that we are past midnight?

Number 5 - I thought we only had two so far. Where did 3 and 4 go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Weevil

MuchoLoco wrote: »
    I can't understand why the Irish people are taking all this crap not even a decent protest I suppose people are only out for themselves these days

In Ireland it's considered stupid/childish/negative/counter-productive/likely-to-provoke-snide-comments-on-internet-forums.

MuchoLoco wrote: »

This is probably a fair statement and would be true of the greed that allowed the policies that led to the boom and bust.

If the government were to slash the dole and the incomes of people, many will probably appear out to protest that but with other issues like this grand scale corruption - fcuk all will happen.

A me fein attitude from many.

i still have my job and house.culdnt give a flying elbow for all this nonsense

With a bit of luck you will lose your job and get cancer.

Mod:

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

You must be in FF

Steal a pair of socks worth 3 euro from Dunnes and they'll call the gardai and you'll have to give back the socks and probably go to court and pay a fine or do community service.

Cheat the dole system by having a small cash in hand job and you'll be paying it back.

Cheat revenue and you'll pay it back with interest and penalaties and depending on how deep it goes you might go to prison. Unless if you are a politician. You can give up half your income and turn around and claim expenses to boost up your income.

Banking officals cheated the government for a 30 billion euro handout and they're rewarded with handsome money packages in the form of new jobs and pensions and holidays abroad and their broken bank propped up until its wound down.

• Advertisement

Weevil wrote: »

not likely

rusheen wrote: »
    You must be in FF
    no just one of the lucky ones

Weevil wrote: »

This is so funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

*but posts on thread all the same...

This is so funny.

Tired and lazy. But I'm ok with it.

I wonder are there any phone records of Brian Cowen, Brian L, and Bertie?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mentalist101

I wonder are there any phone records of Brian Cowen, Brian L, and Bertie?

Don't think they were as bright as these fellows:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭worded

This is probably a fair statement and would be true of the greed that allowed the policies that led to the boom and bust.

If the government were to slash the dole and the incomes of people, many will probably appear out to protest that but with other issues like this grand scale corruption - fcuk all will happen.

A me fein attitude from many.

Cheap booze and relatively good welfare keeps people docile. If people had 0 money there might be anarchy now

Advertisement