Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TriAthy 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

Oryx wrote: »
    Damn! I was looking forward to a sunny race. I may rethink my wardrobe so. :P

Met.ie
    A cloudy start to Saturday with patches of rain and drizzle affecting much of the country. Once again amounts will be small, and later in the afternoon some breaks will develop in the cloud with some good sunny spells forming. Highest temperatures of 14 to 17, possibly 18 degrees in the south of the country. Westerly winds will be light to moderate.

Windguru is always more reliable than met.ie , but only costal
    http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=47767&sty=m_menu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

The what salad? I know I should know what you mean but....

The Wexford colours look like the fruit salad sweets;)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The Wexford colours look like the fruit salad sweets;)
    Random! :P
    I will be there, all fruit saladed up, but possibly with arm warmers or a gilet!

Random! :P
    I will be there, all fruit saladed up, but possibly with arm warmers or a gilet!

What distance are you doing, looking forward to seeing the new ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    Just took a quick look at Mt Eireann and warm is one thing Sat is not going to be. Wet and Windy Might wear my suit the whole way round. Typical Ireland :rolleyes:

:eek::eek::eek:

Any forecast i have seen in the last few day's said it's going to be good
    14c no rain.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=weather+forecast+athy+co+kildare&rlz=1C1AFAB_enIE480IE480&oq=weather+foreast+athy+&aqs=chrome.1.57j0l3.28348j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I hope this is right.

See you there :D

• Advertisement

What distance are you doing, looking forward to seeing the new ride.
    Oly, new ride isnt coming. (Just dont ask)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

That forecast isn't bad. Anyway, you wont feel the drizzle under the water and it'll be cooling when you're out.

Oly, new ride isnt coming. (Just dont ask)

Ugh !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

I was more concerned about the 17-20Kph winds that cycle route seems to have wind in your face both directions.

I'll do the usual Irish weather forecast of head out the window in the morning.

I'm liking the sound of the broken cloud and possible sun in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭altercor

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/kildare/210058/hourly-weather-forecast/210058?hour=33

Although it should be re-named inaccuweather.com I'll take their forecast, no bother.

Arm warmers for the bike, me thinks...

• Advertisement

For anyone heading down this evening just be aware that there's a major crash on the link road between the Athy and the N9. INfo is patchy at the moment.

I am hearing that there have been 3 people killed in that accident so there will be road closeures. If coming from Dublin we'd advise to come off the motorway at Kilcullen and come in the old road. If from Waterford come off at Carlow and follow the signs for Athy.

That stretch of road will be closed. Its a very sad way to start our weekend and thoughts are with the families at this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow. Getting nervous now. My first Olympic!

Solobally8 wrote: »

Good Luck yourself, I might take on the oly in KK :) Might :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Just back from registration there, full credit to the Tri Athy team its well organised in and out in 10 minutes. Goody bag is a bit of a let down lots of paper.

Best of luck all, have a great race

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

you;re nervous? it's my first tri:)

sprint for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Had a great day today. Only second tri, did Dublin in 2.43 last year and finished today in 2.28 so delighted with that. Registration was a bit swamped with I guess everyone thinking, lets leave it till 8.15 to land in, would probably have been better to do it in the school hall, although could be sent up for tests.

Swim was lovely. Lots of fighting/bumping but I guess that's part of the game. Why was there such a rush to get to the side on the upstream leg, there was feck all current there! The bike course was perfect, a few gentle rises and falls, but managing the gears and I was able to keep the boot down for the entire course.

The run course is a mess. The staggered starts means there's gonna be loads of overtaking, so when you have two way traffic on a one lane path, and then add in overtaking, it can be very frustrating. I reckon everyone must have hit a hole at some stage. Surely there's some better route that could just come back along the river?

Curry at the end was a nice touch too. And I love Pixel Promotions photos, hope they get them up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Therapysucks

Anyone know if results have been posted? Did the Double Olympic - great day out but beat up right now.

Great day. Really enjoyed my first Olympic even after losing lots of time after my chain came off. Marshals were excellent, organisation and atmosphere brilliant. Didn't like the run, too narrow but I'll definitely be back next year.

Wonder if the delay with results has anything to do with the shorter bike splits for some people?

Wonder if the delay with results has anything to do with the shorter bike splits for some people?
    What's this now?

• Advertisement

Just rumours at this point but there is talk that some people might have missed some of the bike route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Did anyone spot the female wicklow Tri athlete (double oly) getting ridiculous external help, as in a van was pulled over doing something with her bike in a rush ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Red Adair

miller 82,

there was no wicklow female in the double today. get your facts right please.

miller82 wrote: »
    Did anyone spot the female wicklow Tri athlete (double oly) getting ridiculous external help, as in a van was pulled over doing something with her bike in a rush ?

It looks the marshal's have a bit of work on their hands. Plenty of drafting going on today but probably due to the number of folks on the course.

Some pretty blatant drafting alright.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

miller82 wrote: »
    Red Adair wrote: »
    miller 82,

There was in the olympic though...seems like there may be a bit of controversy there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

First tri today, loved it, thanks to all involved in organising it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Results up now and bike split times do seem off...

edit: or the splits don't add up to finish time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Red Adair wrote: »
    miller 82,

Fair enough, she was getting outside help for the oly then.
    On a pink and white bike . Ring a bell ?

• Advertisement

Results up now
    Where are the results? Is it just the top 10 still?

Advertisement