Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TriAthy 2013

Options
  • 23-09-2012 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Well guys it opens tomorrow and here is a sneaky code for 10% off...........don't know hoe long it lasts but its something !

GATHER4TRIATHY

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

dont have the moo for it yet, but will be signing up for the double. It'll be my last race before IM Austria den den den

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Considering the double but also considering Tri and Mhi in May so the two might be a bit close together. Maybe the olympic, was a pain in the foot going down on Sunday for the sprint when most people were there the day before this year. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I won't get to race Athy ( ever ) so its Tri an Mhi for me !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

going to fit Tri an Mhi in as well. how far apart are they (too lazy to look it up) ?

miller82 wrote: »
    going to fit Tri an Mhi in as well. how far apart are they (too lazy to look it up) ?

Roughly 3 weeks.

• Advertisement

The 50% deposit thing makes entering now very tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

The 50% deposit thing makes entering now very tempting

Almost too easy to commit..

Finger was hovering over the submit button for a while. Haven't pulled the trigger yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Going to wait for the TI calendar before committing to anything. Are dates final before that is out? (Rhetorical question)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Going to wait to find out which one (if either) are part of the NS.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Not on my 2013 calendar, it doesnt fit in with other commitments. Which is a pity. I like the race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Claude Harmon

Whats the swim like? Is the river fast moving or deep?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Whats the swim like? Is the river fast moving or deep?
    Thanks

No, there's a bit of a current but nothing too bad (last two years) If you are reasonably tall you could probably wade nearly all the swim.

No, there's a bit of a current but nothing too bad (last two years) If you are reasonably tall you could probably wade nearly all the swim.
    Which some have done, I believe. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Claude Harmon

Happy days, no need to learn to swim now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

What if any changes are to take place based on the suggestions and feedback of the competitors regarding the route and Transition security? Maybe it is too early to say yet?

Also, is it just me but €55 without the T-shirt for an Olympic race and a half dozen eggs in these hard times :eek:

What if any changes are to take place based on the suggestions and feedback of the competitors regarding the route and Transition security? Maybe it is too early to say yet?

Also, is it just me but €55 without the T-shirt for an Olympic race and a half dozen eggs in these hard times :eek:

A big portion goes on closing the roads, very few races do it because of the costs involved. I'm not standing up for the price just trying to show one of the reasons for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mak78

anyone know what the race weekend schedule is likely to be for 2013? The TI calendar list all races as being on the saturday - wasn't the Sprint on the sunday last year? Also, whats the story if your race is later in the day - do you still have to get your stuff into transition early and then have lots of hanging around until your start ....?

mak78 wrote: »
    anyone know what the race weekend schedule is likely to be for 2013? The TI calendar list all races as being on the saturday - wasn't the Sprint on the sunday last year? Also, whats the story if your race is later in the day - do you still have to get your stuff into transition early and then have lots of hanging around until your start ....?

Everything is on the Sat this year.

Double Oly and Oly will be in the morning and Sprint and Try a Tri in the afternoon. If your racing in the afternoon you'll have to be there in the afternoon !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

Did this sell out last year - Id like to do the Olympic but cant commit until nearer the date

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭ray o

I don't think it sold out last year but might be different this year as the Olympic is the only National Series race that weekend. The Sprint is not a NS race.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

right, registration done. will be my first triathlon. I haven't been swimming in the last 3 months (prioritized other stuff, MBA, running, Cycling, but a strong swimmer so should be okay) or running in the last month (toe injury, xray tomorrow morning to see if it is stress fracture or tendinitis) , so this should bring a bit more focus to training. Went for the sprint for my first, so even with a crocked foot i should be able to run that

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Runner2012

Does anyone have contact details for the organisers? The website query form doesn't seem to be working. I have tried emailing twice but no response...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Runner2012 wrote: »
    Does anyone have contact details for the organisers? The website query form doesn't seem to be working. I have tried emailing twice but no response...

same here, but they responed through fb to me

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

adamski8 wrote: »
    same here, but they responed through fb to me

+ 1. Sent 3 emails and tried calling but it was engaged....poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

Doing the sprint as first ever tri, thought the swim was all down river but heard otherwise now, can anyone confirm that please ?

boodiebhoy wrote: »
    Doing the sprint as first ever tri, thought the swim was all down river but heard otherwise now, can anyone confirm that please ?

About 150 upstream the rest downstream

The flow is not strong. You'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheFatMan

boodiebhoy wrote: »

Flow is strong enough in the centre of river but slower at edge just out from reeds. Cross over as you turn at buoy and then swim down stream in centre did the sprint distance in 17 mins with breast stroke this way last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

TheFatMan wrote: »
    Flow is strong enough in the centre of river but slower at edge just out from reeds. Cross over as you turn at buoy and then swim down stream in centre did the sprint distance in 17 mins with breast stroke this way last year.

Thanks for the tip, I will be mixing a bit between FC and BS

• Advertisement

Olympic is all but sold out, a few places left in the sprint and the try.

I know the race director has just gone beyond being up to his eye balls and will reply to any question as he gets them ( as in date order ) but May is a very very very busy month for him !

Once again i'll be there on the day talking rubbish on the mic.

Advertisement