Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TriAthy 2013

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

mossym wrote: »
    looks like gap is 10 minutes. that means not hitting the water till 7pm. talk about an awful time to be starting

Sorry i haven't been around but i've confirmed the following with the race director.

Wave intervals are 8 mins for Oly, 5 mins for TRY and 7 mins for Sprint. Last wave in the water for Olympic will be 11.05 to 11:10; last wave in Sprint will be 17:55.

I hope this helps and clears up some stuff !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

last wave in Sprint will be 17:55.!

Ouch!! Why so late? I'm in wave 7 so I'm guessing about a 17.30 start Jebus :eek:

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    Ouch!! Why so late? I'm in wave 7 so I'm guessing about a 17.30 start Jebus :eek:

Because we have so many people, over 2000 on one day. At the end of the Oly and Double Oly transition has to be cleaned, got ready for the next race and marshalls need to have something to eat etc. Its a long ass day !

It sure is. So why decide to put it all on one day instead of a Sunday instead. also is reg 3 really needed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Are we not supposed to receive a race pack today???

• Registered Users Posts: 5 valarmg

7 mins for Sprint.

last wave in Sprint will be 17:55.

7 minutes per wave by 9 waves is 63 minutes. And Sprint isn't supposed to start until 17:30 according to the timetable. Is this time put forward to before 17:00?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

valarmg wrote: »
    7 minutes per wave by 9 waves is 63 minutes. And Sprint isn't supposed to start until 17:30 according to the timetable. Is this time put forward to before 17:00?
    56 minutes.

It sure is. So why decide to put it all on one day instead of a Sunday instead. also is reg 3 really needed?

1. costs
    2. feedback from marshalls giving up their whole weekend, remember a lot of us will be there on Friday as well.

valarmg wrote: »

17:05 i believe.

• Advertisement

Good to see the website has been updated, and information is much easier to find today.

Nice work, whoever.

Oryx wrote: »
    Good to see the website has been updated, and information is much easier to find today.

Nice work, whoever.

Ya i know the person doing the majority of the work is doing 20 hr days for the last 2 weeks to try and get everything in place.

Its not until you see behind the scenes of a race with over 2,000 people that you see how much organisastion goes into it.

Some of the guys involved will be on site from 6am until 9pm, so its a long ass day !

One thing i will say is if you can arrive early or stay late to see the try a tri. So many invovled in triathlon are soooooooo serious when it comes to racing but this race always brings a smile to my face with people doing their 1st race and we've seen bikes with shopping baskets attached to them, guys run to the mount line wearing their runners while their shoes were attached to the bike and my fav was a lad standing in transition after the swim having a fag and relaxing being he went out on the bike:D

elvis, just a small thing, because I am a pedant....

In the briefing I just looked through, there is mention of a bike giveaway (the link in the briefing doesnt work) The draw is at 12.30 and the winner must be at prizegiving at 1pm to collect the bike, or another name will be drawn. Except there is no prizegiving at 1pm, all four are at different times. And at 1pm a fair proportion of the field will still be racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Ya i know the person doing the majority of the work is doing 20 hr days for the last 2 weeks to try and get everything in place.

Its not until you see behind the scenes of a race with over 2,000 people that you see how much organisastion goes into it.

Some of the guys involved will be on site from 6am until 9pm, so its a long ass day !

One thing i will say is if you can arrive early or stay late to see the try a tri. So many invovled in triathlon are soooooooo serious when it comes to racing but this race always brings a smile to my face with people doing their 1st race and we've seen bikes with shopping baskets attached to them, guys run to the mount line wearing their runners while their shoes were attached to the bike and my fav was a lad standing in transition after the swim having a fag and relaxing being he went out on the bike:D

I was at a duathlon last year where one girl raced on a Dublin bike. Most of the field were finished before she arrived into T2, she got a massive round of applause heading out on her run.

hardCopy wrote: »
    I was at a duathlon last year where one girl raced on a Dublin bike. Most of the field were finished before she arrived into T2, she got a massive round of applause heading out on her run.

I know the one and i seen the pic, its things like that that make it worth doing the whole day.

In the briefing I just looked through, there is mention of a bike giveaway (the link in the briefing doesnt work) The draw is at 12.30 and the winner must be at prizegiving at 1pm to collect the bike, or another name will be drawn. Except there is no prizegiving at 1pm, all four are at different times. And at 1pm a fair proportion of the field will still be racing.

I see what you mean and i'm in touch with the race director to see what the story is.

From lat years feedback there were a lot of points raised re secuity. This year as you'll see from the race info pack you'll get a sticker for your bike and helmet. Make sure to have both these in place for the bike check ( plllleeeeeeeeaaaaaasssseeeee )

Right here's what i've been told........lets just say what was on the site wasn't phrased very well:D

Basic idea is we want to present the bike in person on the day, draw will be at 12.30. We'll contact the winner thereafter (if racing we'll wait til they are done), we are hoping to present around the prize giving for double and olympic, but if we need to do it later do be it.

Should we have received a race pack in the post or do we pick it up at registration?

Should we have received a race pack in the post or do we pick it up at registration?

Info is on the webiste but number and chips is at registration !

• Advertisement

Info is on the webiste but number and chips is at registration !

Thanks just heard some folks over on the try a tri page received bike numbers etc. Thought I was missing something.

Thanks just heard some folks over on the try a tri page received bike numbers etc. Thought I was missing something.

To the best of my knowledge no you get all on the day, just make sure you put the stickers on the helmet & bike !

To the best of my knowledge no you get all on the day, just make sure you put the stickers on the helmet & bike !

Will do. Just thought I'd ask after your post on stickers didn't want to upset ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

This maybe a stupid question but please forgive me I am new to triathlon. When and where should I put on wetsuit, is it in the transition area just before the reac briefing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

boodiebhoy wrote: »
    This maybe a stupid question but please forgive me I am new to triathlon. When and where should I put on wetsuit, is it in the transition area just before the reac briefing?

Yep that should do ya

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

miller82 wrote: »
    Yep that should do ya

Unless you're in a late wave a good time after briefing - things may get sweaty if its warm. You could leave it waist height and close it up nearer splash time!!

Podge83 wrote: »
    Unless you're in a late wave a good time after briefing - things may get sweaty if its warm. You could leave it waist height and close it up nearer splash time!!

Just took a quick look at Mt Eireann and warm is one thing Sat is not going to be. Wet and Windy Might wear my suit the whole way round. Typical Ireland :rolleyes:

Just took a quick look at Mt Eireann and warm is one thing Sat is not going to be. Wet and Windy Might wear my suit the whole way round. Typical Ireland :rolleyes:
    Damn! I was looking forward to a sunny race. I may rethink my wardrobe so. :P

Damn! I was looking forward to a sunny race. I may rethink my wardrobe so. :P

What ??? The fruit salad outfit won't be on show, i'm not going now:mad::p

• Advertisement

What ??? The fruit salad outfit won't be on show, i'm not going now:mad::p
    The what salad? I know I should know what you mean but....

Advertisement