Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TriAthy 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Where are the results? Is it just the top 10 still?

Here ya go.

http://racetimingsystems.net/Results/IndividualResults.aspx?Id=1517&Round=2178&Page=4

No splits??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Mr.Fred wrote: »

splits are up for the earlier races, looks like it's just a matter of giving them time to get the splits done

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Mr.Fred wrote: »

Yeah my bike split is way off. Swim and Run are correct, but bike is listed as 47mns, wheras I was actually out for bout 1:12

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Yeah my bike split is way off. Swim and Run are correct, but bike is listed as 47mns, wheras I was actually out for bout 1:12

The majority of the field got around 40km in 30/40 mins? I'm a pretty decemt biker and would have thought 1hr would be difficult.

is your overall time right? or does it match the wrong bike splt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mak78

Splits going up for the Sprint now. Bike splits look wrong for this race too, most people in mid 20's. Overall times look correct.

splits starting to appear for the sprint now.

did 1:18:00 for my first triathlon. so looking forward to seeing how the splits line up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

(Olympic)

The Bike splits are deffo wrong, but overall times seem ok. No category results though. Give them time and I'm sure they'll sort it out. There's a lot of info to compile.

What thoughts on course - the swim IMO was great, but bike and run at times were a bit dodgy. Constantly meeting people coming the other way hardly supports the "Ireland fastest Tri" label. It really is only a matter of time before there's a broken ankle on the run course (or an unscheduled second dip!!!" The bike course also invites a head-on at times.

I believe due to the course tightness the waves should be "fastest first".

Transitions was a bit tight and could have done with another row. The security was good for any dealings I had but if you were dead set i'm sure there could have been a few shiny lovely's in your boot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

mossym wrote: »

My overall looks spot on but the bike split is about 15-20 minutes short.

hardCopy wrote: »
    My overall looks spot on but the bike split is about 15-20 minutes short.

thats something at leasst, would be worse if overall time was wrong,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 npmurph

If I add my swim time to the incorrect bike time I get my correct bike time. Maybe just a coincidence but maybe try and see if that works for you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

mossym wrote: »
    Yeah overall time is correct.

As others said, if you subtract your Swim/Run/Transition times from your total you'll get your actual bike time.

The IT geek in me tried to fix it via excel but the times are a mess. Think they might have been mixing systems or something.

I thought the bike was fine, never came close to a head on. Run is awful tho.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The winning lady in the Olympic with an even more ridiculous bike split 28 minutes?

The made a right mess of those results, one guy with a 5 minute swim and a 70 minute bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

Very disappointing not to get my split times, looking at the results it seems I'm not alone either. Delighted with my overall time but so frustrating not knowing the splits...aggghhh!!
    Great day otherwise, really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

mickmc7 wrote: »
    Very disappointing not to get my split times, looking at the results it seems I'm not alone either. Delighted with my overall time but so frustrating not knowing the splits...aggghhh!!
    Great day otherwise, really enjoyed it.

Same here very frustrating not getting any splits. I think one thing Athy could take from yesterday is forget about having the biggest triathlon concentrate on having the best triathlon. Quality lasts and is most appreciated.

Well done all.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

I'm 21 again!!

Not having the categories is a bit of a disaster. Wonder if this is going to be sorted??

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

My official time yesterday (from the timing van) was wrong, swim time wad a minute out. Presume others had the same. They seem to have sorted that at least. The bike split issue will likely be corrected too.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭fluboy

miller82 wrote: »
    Did anyone spot the female wicklow Tri athlete (double oly) getting ridiculous external help, as in a van was pulled over doing something with her bike in a rush ?
    miller82 wrote: »
    Fair enough, she was getting outside help for the oly then.
    On a pink and white bike . Ring a bell ?

I wasn't there so I didn't see anything and I don't know the person involved, but I am just wondering about what you saw miller82. Wasn't this race on closed roads? If it was, how did a van get out onto the course to help her? Was it a marshal or bike mechanic in the van? and if it was, then i think this type of help is allowed, is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

I've been told that the splits are being updated - I just got a start & finish time and queried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

My splits are there now, happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kiwster

Interesting, I calculated my bike time in excel based on the total minus the swim, run and transitions. The difference in the bike time I got and the bike time recorded is the exact same as my swim time.

See if adding your swim time to your bike time adds up to the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

fluboy wrote: »
    I wasn't there so I didn't see anything and I don't know the person involved, but I am just wondering about what you saw miller82. Wasn't this race on closed roads? If it was, how did a van get out onto the course to help her? Was it a marshal or bike mechanic in the van? and if it was, then i think this type of help is allowed, is it not?

'Tis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Anyone know how Deirdre Hough was declared the Olympic Dist winner yesterday yet today has been DQ'd?

Anyone know how Deirdre Hough was declared the Olympic Dist winner yesterday yet today has been DQ'd?

I think she missed part of the bike course.

I think she missed part of the bike course.

I see...isn't just an out and back x2?

Nope, not this year anyway.

http://my.triathy.ie/index.php/olympic-maps

Maybe turned towards 20 instead of going up towards the 15k turnaround? Which would be a marshalling error as much as anything I guess. Are the proper results up yet?

Maybe turned towards 20 instead of going up towards the 15k turnaround? Which would be a marshalling error as much as anything I guess. Are the proper results up yet?

Could could be but ultimately up to each competitor to know the course. Shame for her. Splits still messed up it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭NewWheels

kiwster wrote: »
    Interesting, I calculated my bike time in excel based on the total minus the swim, run and transitions. The difference in the bike time I got and the bike time recorded is the exact same as my swim time.

See if adding your swim time to your bike time adds up to the difference.

Was my first event yesterday so can someone please explain why my Total Time is less then my Chip Time by the time I took for the swim??

Why my position in male was 35th but 39th in Split Times section?

And why I lost 26 years of my life and am 21 again (well not complaining with that one!!!)

After all my training do I now need a degree in Maths to do this sport? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Hard to see how anyone could have went wrong rally as the course was well Marshelled and taped off, i did hear it been discussed yesterday so not suprised

Also there was 2 people dq'd in the the mens race after it brought to the attention of Tech officials/race director for taking a wrong turn, think they had a very fast bike split that just didnt add up, or else the were 5/6 min's better bikers

• Advertisement

NewWheels wrote: »
    ...After all my training do I now need a degree in Maths to do this sport? :D

It helps :)

I think they are still trying to get to the bottom of the splits issues, it was a big field so will take some time I'd imagine, especially if doing it manually.

BTW :eek: 35th in your first triathlon, thats pretty damn impressive :cool:

Advertisement