Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player For Android?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Cheers for the update mate, but I'll believe it when I see it :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not sure if this was mentioned but Phonton Browser for Android works fine with the RTE Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is anyone finding the volume on XBMC is always way too low especially when watching UKTV on FILMon, even with system volume turned up to 100% before I boot XBMC I can barely hear it, as in Id have to hold the speaker up to my ear just to make out whats being said, any way to boost it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Thargor wrote: »
    Is anyone finding the volume on XBMC is always way too low especially when watching UKTV on FILMon, even with system volume turned up to 100% before I boot XBMC I can barely hear it, as in Id have to hold the speaker up to my ear just to make out whats being said, any way to boost it?

Did you change the volume and preamp volume in the button at the bottom of the video screen with a volume sign on it. Volume there is up full by default but preamp is down lowest.small increases make big difference in preamp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

ezra_pound wrote: »
    Did you change the volume and preamp volume in the button at the bottom of the video screen with a volume sign on it. Volume there is up full by default but preamp is down lowest.small increases make big difference in preamp.

Yeah I find even upping the preamp by a quarter is more than enough on my tablet, and a bit more on my SII

• Advertisement

Where are ye talking about? Is this something onscreen when the video is playing? I dont see any volume or preamp button anywhere, just the volume bar that appears when I press the phones volume buttons...

Tap on screen when video is playing you get:

2013-04-19200602_zpsbbfc91af.png

Then tap on the little speaker symbol you get:

2013-04-19200609_zps1adbd909.png

Of course watching Nationwide is optional, and not recommended.

Okay couldnt see it because of the Skin I was using, thanks for taking the screenshots.

This is really weird, there's nothing wrong with the speakers on my phone because other stuff is really loud from them but XBMC has gone really quite for some reason, if I plug in headphones after adjusting the volume amplification its deafening and for a split second after I pull them out its really loud out of the speakers but then goes quite a fraction of a second later, wasnt messing with any of the settings and cant see any way to fix it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Question about XBMC-Just found this thread.I'm not very tech minded so can someone post a link to a site or youtube video that shows how to set up XBMC please(for dummies!!)?I've just bought a Galaxy S3.I've downloaded it but how do you load up all the channels for viewing?
    Also I was going to get a MHL/HDMI cables but do they only work on HD TV's?Mine is an older non HD flatscreen.

toby2111 wrote: »
    Question about XBMC-Just found this thread.I'm not very tech minded so can someone post a link to a site or youtube video that shows how to set up XBMC please(for dummies!!)?I've just bought a Galaxy S3.I've downloaded it but how do you load up all the channels for viewing?
    Also I was going to get a MHL/HDMI cables but do they only work on HD TV's?Mine is an older non HD flatscreen.

No idea about the cable question. Re: setting up XBMC, this thread is very helpful if you read back, loads of good advice, which is mainly what I got started with, just note the names of repos and programs suggested.

As a start: http://xbmc.org/download/

http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/how-to-install-xbmc/ is a good site, and also a good guide. Then http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/04/24/fusion-easy-addon-installation-for-xbmc/

Really once you work out the whole repository and add-on thing you will have a very useable system, and probably do a lot more with it that I can.

• Advertisement

Cheers!I managed to get navi-x working but when I clicked on Sky Sports News(in the Live UK TV Channels folder) it just keeps scrolling and says "working" at bottom right of screen and loading at bottom left.Can't go back a page or anything,seems frozen!Any ideas?

Edit-restarted phone,went back into navi-x,clicked on skysports3,now its saying "error,cannot open file".Have I downloaded the wrong navi x file or something???

Edit again!-Just tried different channel/link and its working now!Top job,looks the business!Any recommendations for other add-ons like navi x?

toby2111 wrote: »
    Cheers!I managed to get navi-x working but when I clicked on Sky Sports News(in the Live UK TV Channels folder) it just keeps scrolling and says "working" at bottom right of screen and loading at bottom left.Can't go back a page or anything,seems frozen!Any ideas?

Edit-restarted phone,went back into navi-x,clicked on skysports3,now its saying "error,cannot open file".Have I downloaded the wrong navi x file or something???

Not sure about the specifics, but while xbmc and navi-x are excellent, by their nature, some of the add-ons are not welcome by copyright holders and therefore don't work as you would expect, or at all.

I personally take it all with a pinch of salt, and try a different method of watching my desired programme. Sportsdevil add-on is hit and miss but might give you other options, there are a few different ways within navi-x to watch various channels, if one doesn't work, try another. The people who upkeep the various options are always playing catch-up with the various copyright holders to keep the service active.

Xbmc and all within is a fantastic bit of kit, but its probably never going to be perfect because of the nature of some of the things you can do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

I linked the navi-x im using a few posts back. It does seem to freeze occasionally but mostly works ok. Also your s3 will only output hd via the specific s3 mhl cable and in order to connect to an older tv you'll need to get a converter, never tried one but they are available.

Navi-ex collects lists of dodgy pirate streams so its not going to be a perfect service, I have to try about 10 different streams before I find a watchable one for the football on Saturday or Sunday on my laptop so its just trial and error.

Filmon (UK Live TV) and Mossys Repo (Irish live tv from Aertv and RTE Player and 3Player, also 4 on Demand) are excellent, they seem to work flawlessly. Read this thread first is definitely good advice.

Navi-ex collects lists of dodgy pirate streams so its not going to be a perfect service, I have to try about 10 different streams before I find a watchable one for the football on Saturday or Sunday on my laptop so its just trial and error.

Filmon (UK Live TV) and Mossys Repo (Irish live tv from Aertv and RTE Player and 3Player, also 4 on Demand) are excellent, they seem to work flawlessly. Read this thread first is definitely good advice.

Actually have you noticed Filmon has improved again, all the ITVs are back and Dave, for a week or so, it went down to just the very basics.

That reminds me, I'm out in sunny Lanzarote and managed to watch yesterdays arsenal game buffer free on sportsdevil but all I get on mosseysrepo is oreactus test transmission! Is it working ok over there?

gbob wrote: »
    That reminds me, I'm out in sunny Lanzarote and managed to watch yesterdays arsenal game buffer free on sportsdevil but all I get on mosseysrepo is oreactus test transmission! Is it working ok over there?

Watched the delights of Nationwide the day before yesterday ok, for screenshot purposes only, I promise.

Want another app for watching live US channels? USTV & Radio app free from google play lists dozens of channels and works very well.

You're welcome :-)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mdc.ustv

Ok,read through this thread and downloaded lots of stuff!It took a while and my heads a bit melted but got there eventually!!I got Navi-X,1channel,ExPatTV,filmon,notfilmon and sportsdevil.However I cant seem to google an easy link for mosseys repo and icefilm.Its prob really simple but just cant see it.Anyone any tips?

First link:

https://www.google.ie/search?q=mossys+repository&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Thanks for mentioning ExpatTV though, should have thought of that seeing as I have it on my laptop.

• Advertisement

Ah crap seems to be the same as FilmON, is there a repo or add-on anywhere for the BBC iPlayer? One that will let you watch in Ireland?

Cheers Thargor.Have you a link to download icefilms?Thanks

Edit-Sorry,found it in the "Get Add Ons " section

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Anyone able to get 4od playing using Mossy's repo?

I can navigate through and select programs and it looks like it will start to play them but then nothing happens. Looks to be the same problem described here

I've tried installing this modified apk - "xbmc-12.1-Frodo-armeabi-v7a-RedPenguin-Rel2.apk" but then cannot install mossys addons

No, and I bet you your TV3 Player wont work either, I already asked him about it and its a known bug, hopefully to be fixed in future. There must be anohter 4oD player out there though, someone in the UK must have made one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

No, and I bet you your TV3 Player wont work either, I already asked him about it and its a known bug, hopefully to be fixed in future. There must be anohter 4oD player out there though, someone in the UK must have made one.
    That's right. TV3 player doesn't work either.

I've had a look at some of the suggestions here but haven't gotten it working.

4od navigates and plays well from a browser. ps3.channel4.com seems to work better than the other methods.

Watched a champions league game last week @ http://www.tv3.ie/3player/live which I don't think is listed in Mossy's anyhow.

Yeah I watched something on 4oD in the stock Android browser the other night and it was fine, perfect actually and that was on 3 data connection in the middle of nowhere down in the burren in Clare, I really want them all working in the one place in XBMC for neatness sake though. Its obviously related to this librtmp business and at least thats the XBMC crowd who are actively developing that not mossy himself because its causing issues in other players and add-ons aswell so hopefully it will be fixed, they're focusing heavily on the Android version these days.

I swapped out a few older versions of librtmp I found to see if any of them worked before but none did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I've gotten 4od to work on newer builds.
    For example on my N7 I installed this apk yesterday and 4od worked no problem.

Only difference that one made is to crash XBMC to the homescreen when I select something in 3 player, 4oD the plugin wont even start now, do you need to uninstall and reinstall the plugins when you install a new version? I was on 12.x, yours is 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Only difference that one made is to crash XBMC to the homescreen when I select something in 3 player, 4oD the plugin wont even start now, do you need to uninstall and reinstall the plugins when you install a new version? I was on 12.x, yours is 13.

That one wouldn't install over my 12.x as it was signed with a different key.
    So I uninstalled 12.x fresh install of 13 adn all plugins fresh. Try that.
    What device are you using this on ?

• Advertisement

Its a Jiayu G3 which you probably never heard but its as generic as generic phones get and everything works on it, its that MT286 processor or whatever its called, hundreds of phones use it anyway.

Just tried a totally fresh uninstall and reinstall of everything there, no joy, just realised that everything crashes out to the homescreen when it tries to play a video now including FilmOn and RTE Player so this version of XBMC is worse than 12.X for me, where did you get a 13.x anyway? The main one on the XBMC website is only 12.2... Maybe its a Frodo vs the other one, Im not an XBMC expert sorry.

Just upgraded from 12.0 Frodo to 12.2 there, filmOn and RTE back working, TV3/4oD not, dont care about TV3 but wish I had 4oD as thats one of the best archives on the net and I have to get a bus to galway every weekend.

Advertisement