Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player For Android?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Ok I realise ICS is version 4.something so I should be able to get that update but why didn't it update when I tried to do it through settings, about phone???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Ok I realise ICS is version 4.something so I should be able to get that update but why didn't it update when I tried to do it through settings, about phone???

Try using keez perhaps, should be able to get 4.0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I am not keen on rooting or having to back up the phone. Would just prefer to do a straightforward update but it seems this is not going to happen. I was thinking the companies would do something like this to force people to upgrade their phones.
    I will hold onto my phone for the time being. Not being able to use the RTE player is the first problem I have encountered anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

DECEiFER wrote: »
    Just loaded on S2 with emobile. About time..yay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

Just wondering does anyone have a problem with watching a program when it comes to an ad break. I get flickering on screen and only option is to press the home button on my phone and then relaunch the app and resume the program? Using a GS4 mini on 4.2 Jelly Bean.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got this to work 1 time in 20ish attempts, on my tablet running ICS 4.0.4, app was installed several times from market, and also after updating from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4

When it load the player it goes to download h current config files then return an error, "There does not appear to be a valid copy of RTÉ Player. Reason givenis 'null'. (App is not licensed)

[Event type="status bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2]

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭coolkidirish

I have an Android M8 box and was originally trying to use XBMC to stream RTE and the quality wasn't great and the RTE player in XBMC never worked. There was no RTE Player in the Google Play Store but I downloaded Aptoide which is like another version of the Play Store where I was able to download RTE Player and UTV Player.

For live TV I would recommend downloading Mobdro on Aptoide, it has all of the sky channels nearly and the quality is very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Trying to get this working on an android box but i just keeps crashing to the homescreen after a couple of seconds, none of the menus load. Any idea what might be causing this?

Advertisement