Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player For Android?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Thargor wrote: »
    Only difference that one made is to crash XBMC to the homescreen when I select something in 3 player, 4oD the plugin wont even start now, do you need to uninstall and reinstall the plugins when you install a new version? I was on 12.x, yours is 13.

I get the same with 3player (& RTE player) and with 4od I get 'could not connect to network server'. This is on a Nexus4. Will try a N7 tonight.

I'm using plugin.video.4od-3.0.11.zip & plugin.video.irishtv-2.0.10.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Exact same for me 4oD refuse to start 'could not connect to network server', everything else crashes to homescreen the second it looks like its going to start playing.

@Ste- would you mind attaching the versions of the plugin that are working for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

groom wrote: »
    @Ste- would you mind attaching the versions of the plugin that are working for you?

Will do as soon as I'm home, altho I was having problems with Mossy repo last night so I downlaoded them from here.
    Version 13 is on the Xbmc homepage or at least it was one of the top stories when I checked. The article is here.
    I notice a newer version of 4od than what is listed in the post above.

P.s. I had heard of the Jiayu G3 but only because I read most of the posts around here. :D

12.x is the stable builds
    13.x looks to be beta / nightlies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'm trying to get mossys aertv app up and running on my note 2 android.Its on 4.1.2 .I installed xbmc via xbmchub and everything is working fine except mossys addons. It opens as normal but when I try to play a show it launches a loading bar and then says "x show is now playing" and "press ok when playback is finished", but there's no picture and no sound on screen. Only those two small info boxes with that text. The screen doesn't even change away from the menu list of tv shows like this :

[IMG][/img]hqDtiYS1cGmmrJ7UqxMCYFk86srmzyXeaBYjWKQU6oU?size=1024x768

Anyone else had similar trouble?What can I do to fix it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

I'm trying to get mossys aertv app up and running on my note 2 android.Its on 4.1.2 .I installed xbmc via xbmchub and everything is working fine except mossys addons. It opens as normal but when I try to play a show it launches a loading bar and then says "x show is now playing" and "press ok when playback is finished", but there's no picture and no sound on screen. Only those two small info boxes with that text. The screen doesn't even change away from the menu list of tv shows like this :

[IMG][/img]hqDtiYS1cGmmrJ7UqxMCYFk86srmzyXeaBYjWKQU6oU?size=1024x768

Anyone else had similar trouble?What can I do to fix it ?

I'm having the same problem. I briefly had a look online a few days ago to see what was up with it but didn't find anything. I must have a look again to see if I can sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

mailrewop wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem. I briefly had a look online a few days ago to see what was up with it but didn't find anything. I must have a look again to see if I can sort it out.

Had it worked in the past for you?
    Let me know if you come across anything and I will do likewise.
    Ive tried opening the stream in MX Player and the dvd player but it doesnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭smackyB

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

It's in the Play Store for Android 4.0 and above..

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

And it looks neat :)
    gtM4SfV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

My Nexus 4 is rooted & I use an app called 'Auto hide soft keys'. Excellent for watching videos.
    As you mentioned though there is a grey line accross the top of the screen.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

The borders are because the nexus 4 does not have a 16:9 resolution screen, is nearer 16:10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

So it was! I assumed it was released today so in my bubble, it couldn't have been posted earlier. The date of the press release by RTÉ is today. Ah who knows, perhaps the one from a few weeks ago was a beta/test? Anyways, apologies, looks like RTÉ have finally got the heads from outside their asses. Well, no, probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I downloaded this today to my nexus 7. I couldn't find it on play store. I got it through the link provided here. Hadn't used my nexus 7 in ages and so did a software update to Android's new system.
    I did the same with my galaxy s2 but when I try to download the rte player it says it is not compatible with my device.
    Why?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

I have version 2.3.5 after doing the update. Is this the start of the Galaxy S2 not being supported by developers?
    What is the apk file for?

So will it allow me to download it?
    Cheers

http://m.ibtimes.co.uk/galaxys2-gti9100-official-android412-dxlsd-jellybean-update-471299.html

The above link mentions how to update to the 4.0 but not sure if it is safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

The galaxy s 2 runs ICS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

The galaxy s 2 runs ICS.

ICS is version 2 is it?
    I read on a forum where a person bought a Galaxy S2 in Ireland and it had version 4.0 on it.

I get the feeling Vodafone is trying to push people to upgrade their phone!

• Advertisement

Advertisement