Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 thread - See Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Discount is from 02 priority moments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Having a nightmare with the o2 discount code. Can't get it applied spent over 2 hours online with chat and customer services. ... locked out now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭darg

iggy wrote: »
    Has anyone got a black S4 from Vodafone.
    I'm trying in shop and on phone but still no stock.

Ordered one in online store today with expected delivery tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

darg wrote: »
    Ordered one in online store today with expected delivery tomorrow

Report back if unlocked please

• Registered Users Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Report back if unlocked please

Is there a way to check if its unlocked without using another sim card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Quazzie wrote: »
    Is there a way to check if its unlocked without using another sim card?

Not sure, try *#0011# to get service mode.

Look for line:
    Reg PLMN 272-[I]X[/I], IsPCS? 0

On my unlocked phone on 3 the X is a 5 and there's the 0 as above. I think IsPCS might be the locking status, 272-1to5 denote the irish network codes.

If anyone has a known locked one they could check this theory for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

How long before some decent Roms appear for S4? Saw the beginning of some over at xda? Going to hold on until decent Rom comes along.Anyone know how long it took for decent roms on S3 & maybe judge it from that?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Picked mine up in carphone warehouse yesterday. Got the Black one on Meteor delighted with it so far, great little upgrade from the S2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Ordered my upgrade via the Meteor website last night. Anyone know if this thing comes with a micro sim if ordering an upgrade?

niallo24 wrote: »
    Ordered my upgrade via the Meteor website last night. Anyone know if this thing comes with a micro sim if ordering an upgrade?

I upgraded mine in store yesterday and they cut the SIM for me. You will probably have to go to a shop to get it cut or pick up another micro SIM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Jeffrey Lebowski

iggy wrote: »
    Has anyone got a black S4 from Vodafone.
    I'm trying in shop and on phone but still no stock.

Got a black one for Vodafone from Carphone Warehouse in Carrickmines yesterday. Traded in my GS2 for 125 also.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

apope8 wrote: »
    Picked mine up in carphone warehouse yesterday. Got the Black one on Meteor delighted with it so far, great little upgrade from the S2 :D

Is it sim free/unlocked do you know?

Is it sim free/unlocked do you know?

I havnt had a chance to check it with another network SIM card yet. It has no bloatware on it tho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I havnt had a chance to check it with another network SIM card yet. It has no bloatware on it tho.

Could you report back here if and when you check please :)?no bloat ware is a good sign though.

Anyone got the WatchOn App playing nicely with UPC yet? It keeps given me dutch channels. The irish channels dont appear at all.

Just went past Meteor Blanch and had a play with one. They didn't have one on display but the guy got one from out the back to have a play with.

Screen was impressive, nice and bright. Was very stuttery flicking between screens though. The guy said they had been selling loads, every time he answered the phone it was someone enquiring about it.

Tried to use the camera but it said battery was too low and it just closed on me.

Not sure if the experience made me want one more or less. I guess it was what I expected, no better, no worse. Definitely lacking the wow factor the One had when I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/galaxy-s4-is-uks-third-favourite-behind-iphones-says-uswitch-50011096/

The S4 already at number 3 for Sales in the UK despite only been out 4 days
    and hard to find. Impressive. Will it overtake the Iphone 5 at the top!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 circuitbent

S4 has started arriving to pre-bookers from 3. Got mine this morning in CityWest, beautiful beast.

Minimal bloat, Planet 3 and the other 3 app.. can't remember, I immediately deleted them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Basil3 wrote: »
    Just went past Meteor Blanch and had a play with one. They didn't have one on display but the guy got one from out the back to have a play with.

Screen was impressive, nice and bright. Was very stuttery flicking between screens though. The guy said they had been selling loads, every time he answered the phone it was someone enquiring about it.

Tried to use the camera but it said battery was too low and it just closed on me.

Not sure if the experience made me want one more or less. I guess it was what I expected, no better, no worse. Definitely lacking the wow factor the One had when I got it.

I hear in reviews it's the air gestures are the stuttering the S4 and turning off sorts it.
    May just be a bug as it's so new.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone got the WatchOn App playing nicely with UPC yet? It keeps given me dutch channels. The irish channels dont appear at all.

I am getting the same. Did you get it to work with the UPC box yet ? you know what type of box it is ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Anyone notice any lag? Any phone that I used in the past with Qualcomm processor showed some lag or stuttering.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

Anyone notice any lag? Any phone that I used in the past with Qualcomm processor showed some lag or stuttering.

I havent seen any lag or stuttering on mine and ive everything switched on,
    including all the gesture options.

Also just recieved a new firmware update notification this morning.
    Havent installed it yet, Anyone know what it is?

I never realised it was a micro sim slot in the phone,my sim won't fit into it,can I transfer my number to a mini sim ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I never realised it was a micro sim slot in the phone,my sim won't fit into it,can I transfer my number to a mini sim ?

http://www.thechinacellphone.com/micro_sim_template.pdf

Easier IMO. Did it myself.

Thanks for posting that,I went back to the shop and they sorted it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Irwin R. Schyster

Thor wrote: »
    I got my sgs3 from Three and it was sim free, so I had a stong feeling that all the s4's would be sim free at launch as it would take extra time for network to lock them and as such they would loose sales from the delay.

So I check all the prepay prices and found o2's to cheapest at €619 and they were even offering a further 10 percent discount on the price, so i taught that's a great price!

Then I found out they also do 20 percent discount codes for O2 Priority users. So I grabbed an old broadband sim card that I had from an old dongle my uncle gave me, sign up for O2 priority and got the code, unfortunately you can't upgrade a broadband sim to a phone. So I just used the code on a different O2 sim card.

Price went from €619 to €495 and the phone just arrived today, unbranded and sim free. It was a risk, but I had a feeling it would pay off and for €495 I couldn't turn it down either way.

Fantastic phone and looking forward to some custom rom magic when they figure out the recovery citation with the i9505 version.

Thanks for this Thor.

Just followed this route. How long did it take to arrive? I ordered one at 2.30 today, was hoping it would be shipped before close of business with a chance at arriving tomorrow.

Still no e-mail about shipping, just the automated confirmation of order one

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Mine hasn't been shipped and I ordered at 3.00pm yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Irwin R. Schyster

****. Tomorrow hopefully liam

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Anyone think I am mad to buy this phone outright or is it worth it?

I have the S3 but NNNEEEEEEEEEEED the S4. But not due an upgrade!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

anyone seen a 32gb version anywhere?

Advertisement