Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 thread - See Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Basil3 wrote: »
    I look forward to seeing one in the flesh. Would be very surprised if it's far better, I have always thought Amoleds look terrible up until now. Will be very pleased if it's even on par with the One.

They have tamed the saturation levels, If you were to compare the same image the One would probably still win.

Samsung's stock wallpapers definitely have more of a wow factor tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Got one in three this evening, unlocked :):):):)

Have a look at this thread and read it to the end, only a drop in the ocean when it comes to negative feedback for three. http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056907171/1 If your not convinced after reading that take a look at the three.ie board. Totally shocking network.

Look at any message board for any operator and you'll see negative sentiment. Not one person ever really goes on to a message board to praise anyone/anything.

They're not a shocking network at all btw. Customer service in India might be a bit dodgy but I haven't had a single issue as a Three customer and I've been with them for over 3 years. They're also destroying O2 & Vodafones market share...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Quad Vs. Octa? just in case anyone missed it, heres the two head to head!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Went into Vodafone in Liffey Valley this evening an asked if they had any S4's left.
    I was told no.

Grand I said and turned to walk away when he asked if I was a existing vodafone customer.
    I said no I wanted to sign up to a new top business plan @75/month,with that he said I will go and check in the back to make sure...
    What would you know but he comes back with a white S4!
    The very last one he says!!

I didn't care if he was lying,I got my new S4 and am happy with it so far.
    I can't get the smart pause or whatever its called to work though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Casey78 wrote: »
    Went into Vodafone in Liffey Valley this evening an asked if they had any S4's left.
    I was told no.

Grand I said and turned to walk away when he asked if I was a existing vodafone customer.
    I said no I wanted to sign up to a new top business plan @75/month,with that he said I will go and check in the back to make sure...
    What would you know but he comes back with a white S4!
    The very last one he says!!

I didn't care if he was lying,I got my new S4 and am happy with it so far.
    I can't get the smart pause or whatever its called to work though.

Thats exactly what i said a few days ago on this forum, they are keeping them for the expensive contracts, i'm sure that wasn't the last one either. Congrats on the phone , i'll be getting one when the initial demand dies down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Look at any message board for any operator and you'll see negative sentiment. Not one person ever really goes on to a message board to praise anyone/anything.

They're not a shocking network at all btw. Customer service in India might be a bit dodgy but I haven't had a single issue as a Three customer and I've been with them for over 3 years. They're also destroying O2 & Vodafones market share...
    Absolutely brilliant, you sound like one of the lucky ones, I've been with the top 4 carriers and I have come onto threads and boards to praise O2 I was with Three when they first came to Ireland and thankfully it was pay as you go so I ran back to O2, I gave them a few years to get settled and foolishly went back on a two year contract for the data and a free S2, worst move of my life. As I've said before when I started my contract I was getting 4mbps in my house and 12 months later in the same house I was and still am getting a lightening .3mbps which their technical team has told me is acceptable! Three have been greedy and have taken way too many people on their network without upgrading their network. And I'm not on my own, my father, brother, wife, two nephews and numerous colleagues are all having the same nightmare issues. So you enjoy your unique bubble but my contract is up in July and I'm running as far and as fast as I can but until then I will blacken Three's name every way I can I do every potential customer the facts, that the majority are dissatisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

Absolutely brilliant, you sound like one of the lucky ones, I've been with the top 4 carriers and I have come onto threads and boards to praise O2 I was with Three when they first came to Ireland and thankfully it was pay as you go so I ran back to O2, I gave them a few years to get settled and foolishly went back on a two year contract for the data and a free S2, worst move of my life. As I've said before when I started my contract I was getting 4mbps in my house and 12 months later in the same house I was and still am getting a lightening .3mbps which their technical team has told me is acceptable! Three have been greedy and have taken way too many people on their network without upgrading their network. And I'm not on my own, my father, brother, wife, two nephews and numerous colleagues are all having the same nightmare issues. So you enjoy your unique bubble but my contract is up in July and I'm running as far and as fast as I can but until then I will blacken Three's name every way I can I do every potential customer the facts, that the majority are dissatisfied.

29 Posts in total and looking at the most recent, 14 out of 20 posts have been criticizing Three. I realise you've had bad experiences with them but you certainly seem to have an agenda on this forum....

.... but then on the HTC One thread I see you're enquiring how you would get the black model on none other than Three! *very confused*
    Hey guys just wondering if any of you know if there is any knack to getting it in black on Three, as far as I know only Meteor and Vodafone have it in black but i saw a few people saying it was unlocked and unbranded so was wondering if there was any way around this. Thanks.

irishbuzz wrote: »
    29 Posts in total and looking at the most recent, 14 out of 20 posts have been criticizing Three. I realise you've had bad experiences with them but you certainly seem to have an agenda on this forum....

.... but then on the HTC One thread I see you're enquiring how you would get the black model on none other than Three! *very confused*
    Thank you so much for taking so much interest in my posts, obviously not too much interest actually as 11 of my 29 comment's have been criticising three not 14 out of 20!? Like you stated. Also 4 out of those 11 were people asking for opinions on Three as a network or what network they should go for, and last time I checked I think your allowed post up your opinions and experiences on threads when people ask for them? And my first posts on here about three were actually asking about the pricing of the S4, because foolishly I was thinking about sticking with them because as I stated a lot of my family are with them, but that was until I got even more shafted as a customer and told handsets in stores were only being offered to new customers. Oh and about the HTC One in black on three, Unfortunately one of my family members is stuck with them for another 14 months and wants that handset. So I hope that answers all your questions and you can spend the rest of your obviously hectic morning by trying to find faults with other people's posts. Oh and by the way where did you get the notion that I had an agenda against Three? Was it in my last post when I said I would do everything in my power to blacken their name and warn potential customers about how bad they are? Well done Colombo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

@ philthrill69

any chance you could put in paragraphs on your posts? walls of txt is hard on the auld eyes

• Advertisement

kingtiger wrote: »
    @ philthrill69

any chance you could put in paragraphs on your posts? walls of txt is hard on the auld eyes

@kingtiger

Last time I checked this thread was about the Samsung Galaxy S4 and topics relating to it ie networks carrying it. I'm sure you'll find plenty of other threads relating to going off topic, typing do's and don'ts and trolling. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

@philthrill69

Relax a little. I really didn't go to much trouble trawling your posts by the way. I've simply been following this thread and HTC One thread as I'm undecided myself over which phone and on which network. It hasn't been hard to note your consistent posts against Three.

I only highlight it so that other readers who pop into the thread can take note and make their own decisions about the information.

@philthrill69

Relax a little. I really didn't go to much trouble trawling your posts by the way. I've simply been following this thread and HTC One thread as I'm undecided myself over which phone and on which network. It hasn't been hard to note your consistent posts against Three.

I only highlight it so that other readers who pop into the thread can take note and make their own decisions about the information.

@irishbuzz
    Look it's simple, you think they're great and I think they're atrocious. I'm entitled to my opinion and your entitled to yours and I agree people should know both sides of the story, but I'm certainly not gonna come on here and try to trivialise your opinion just because I don't agree with it. And that's exactly what you did to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

@philthrill69

@irishbuzz
    Look it's simple, you think they're great and I think they're atrocious. I'm entitled to my opinion and your entitled to yours and I agree people should know both sides of the story, but I'm certainly not gonna come on here and try to trivialise your opinion just because I don't agree with it. And that's exactly what you did to me.

This thread is about the Galaxy S4 and not 3 Mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

@kingtiger

Last time I checked this thread was about the Samsung Galaxy S4 and topics relating to it ie networks carrying it. I'm sure you'll find plenty of other threads relating to going off topic, typing do's and don'ts and trolling. Cheers

sweet Jesus relax, its just your posts are hard to read

so pretty please with sugar on top, can you just add a few paragraphs on your posts to make them slightly easier to read?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Enough squabbling. I've added a warning to post #1 about this, so from this point on, any further silliness will be dealt with without further warning nor mercy.

Is anyone using the S4 with a gel case? How hard is it to access the quick controls in browser with a small bezel?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Can anyone else confirm O2 Prepay S4's are unlocked and free of bloat-ware ?

I have 20% Discount code an basically want to get the discounted S4 on O2 and then move to a one month meteor contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you order online there's no way to be sure, even if somebody else got one you cant be sure they'll be from the same batch. Always gonna be a gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

leemaree wrote: »
    Hope this is true ;

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/blog/1799635/samsung_galaxy_s4_launch_will_be_march_15.html

MOD NOTE: This thread is about the Samsung Galaxy S4. It is not:
    • A penis measuring contest on how phone X is so much better than it (although reasonable comparisons are allowed).
    • A chance to complain about retail outlet or operator who are (not) supplying the S4.
    • An opportunity to spam, troll, flame or otherwise derail the thread.
    Failure to abide by the above will be treated with no tolerance.

I thought it was about the S4? It was letting people know about the S4. I don't understand about the warning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I thought it was about the S4? It was letting people know about the S4. I don't understand about the warning?

the warning isnt for you unless you were involved with the penis measuring in the posts above yours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Mc Love wrote: »
    the warning isnt for you unless you were involved with the penis measuring in the posts above yours

I would NEVER post anything about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dont think you're quite following along here OP :rolleyes:

Thread derailed..... :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Got mine today.. lighter than I thought, first white phone and even first Samsung. So far very impresses. Apparently I got this just before initial stock ran out.. hope youre all not waiting too long. Excellent phone so far, I am looking forward to achieving nothing tonight while I get used to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

One week's ban for backseat moderation and dragging the thread off topic again.

Other OT posts deleted and infracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

ED E wrote: »
    If you order online there's no way to be sure, even if somebody else got one you cant be sure they'll be from the same batch. Always gonna be a gamble.

I suppose you are right there - but the o2 shop does have a 7 day money back no questions asked policy !!

Out of the unlocked / unbranded S4's purchased from O2 does can anyone tell me if its O2 firmware or just standard samsung ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    Got mine today.. lighter than I thought, first white phone and even first Samsung. So far very impresses. Apparently I got this just before initial stock ran out.. hope youre all not waiting too long. Excellent phone so far, I am looking forward to achieving nothing tonight while I get used to it!

They're all out off stock? Everywhere?

I was on to three liffey valley today, they confirmed they still had loads in stock, I'm probably going to pop in tomorrow and upgrade from my sgs2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Has anyone got a black S4 from Vodafone.
    I'm trying in shop and on phone but still no stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Jambo wrote: »
    Can anyone else confirm O2 Prepay S4's are unlocked and free of bloat-ware ?

I have 20% Discount code an basically want to get the discounted S4 on O2 and then move to a one month meteor contract.

How do you get the 20% discount code?

Advertisement