Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 thread - See Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭GIMP

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    If mine if 3g only, it will be getting sent straight back :-)

When you get it can you post here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

GIMP wrote: »
    Tesco Mobile advised they are selling only 3g version, that is why I'm wondering is there a 3g only version or is the s4 lte enabled by default?

Unless Tesco are selling the Exynos version then it will have an LTE radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

When you get it can you post here?

Will do.. I am hoping for delivery tomorrow, but i am doubtful given the demand. Will let you know when i can.

VF do mention it on their site so i can't see them shafting everybody as they would have a lot to answer for

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones-and-plans/phones/bill-pay/phone-details/samsung-galaxy-s4-black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

What are people's experiences with 3? Tempted to get the 2 year plan with unlimited data.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭GIMP

beno619 wrote: »
    Unless Tesco are selling the Exynos version then it will have an LTE radio.

I think they are, see spec on the website ..

• Advertisement

Just in case anyone in still not aware of all the S4's features, allow this man to explain:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

seanbmc wrote: »
    What are people's experiences with 3? Tempted to get the 2 year plan with unlimited data.

No real problems - got the s2 with them two year ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Tesco Mobile advised they are selling only 3g version, that is why I'm wondering is there a 3g only version or is the s4 lte enabled by default?

The exynos version is 3g.
    All the ones I seen were LTE ready.

To some post up there.Google wallet is not available in Ireland. So no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I got my sgs3 from Three and it was sim free, so I had a stong feeling that all the s4's would be sim free at launch as it would take extra time for network to lock them and as such they would loose sales from the delay.

So I check all the prepay prices and found o2's to cheapest at €619 and they were even offering a further 10 percent discount on the price, so i taught that's a great price!

Then I found out they also do 20 percent discount codes for O2 Priority users. So I grabbed an old broadband sim card that I had from an old dongle my uncle gave me, sign up for O2 priority and got the code, unfortunately you can't upgrade a broadband sim to a phone. So I just used the code on a different O2 sim card.

Price went from €619 to €495 and the phone just arrived today, unbranded and sim free. It was a risk, but I had a feeling it would pay off and for €495 I couldn't turn it down either way.

Fantastic phone and looking forward to some custom rom magic when they figure out the recovery citation with the i9505 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Thor wrote: »
    I got my sgs3 from Three and it was sim free, so I had a stong feeling that all the s4's would be sim free at launch as it would take extra time for network to lock them and as such they would loose sales from the delay.

So I check all the prepay prices and found o2's to cheapest at €619 and they were even offering a further 10 percent discount on the price, so i taught that's a great price!

Then I found out they also do 20 percent discount codes for O2 Priority users. So I grabbed an old broadband sim card that I had from an old dongle my uncle gave me, sign up for O2 priority and got the code, unfortunately you can't upgrade a broadband sim to a phone. So I just used the code on a different O2 sim card.

Price went from €619 to €495 and the phone just arrived today, unbranded and sim free. It was a risk, but I had a feeling it would pay off and for €495 I couldn't turn it down either way.

Fantastic phone and looking forward to some custom rom magic when they figure out the recovery citation with the i9505 version.

Hope mine is sim-free as well. I ordered it the same way as u, through Priority Moments

• Advertisement

leemaree wrote: »
    Hope mine is sim-free as well. I ordered it the same way as u, through Priority Moments

It should be, I only ordered mine there last Tuesday as I was waiting for them to get the white version.

When did you order yours? if it was around the same time then it should be shipped by now and should easily be sim free as well.

Thor wrote: »
    It should be, I only ordered mine there last Tuesday as I was waiting for them to get the white version.

When did you order yours? if it was around the same time then it should be shipped by now and should easily be sim free as well.

No I did it different than u. I pre-ordered mine on the 6th of this month when it was €639 and then when I found out it was €619 I ordered again (both through priority moments) The first order went down from €639 to 511.20. The second one i ordered went down from €619 to €495.20. But the're going to refund the first one as i cancelled it. I ordered on the 25/04/2013 so next week i should get it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Has anyone seen the phones up close yet? I don't know whether to order the black or the white one.
    Also does anyone know if meteor are selling the 4g ready ones?
    Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Frecklefart90

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the phones up close yet? I don't know whether to order the black or the white one.
    Also does anyone know if meteor are selling the 4g ready ones?
    Thanks

I was messing with one today, it was the white one. It's much nicer than the s3 in person which I wasn't expecting, very nice to hold. Not much difference in size, if any at all. The screen scroll thing is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Can you advise guys, which version is for sale 4 or 8 cores here as US and UK are getting 4 core version as opposed to rest of the world? Cheers

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

rai555 wrote: »
    Can you advise guys, which version is for sale 4 or 8 cores here as US and UK are getting 4 core version as opposed to rest of the world? Cheers

Most are getting the quad core Qualcomm, Tesco seem to be getting the oct core exynos.

rai555 wrote: »

It's the quad core, which is 4G enabled. Samsung have really stuffed this up, in my opinion. Too much confusion, bit of a mess.

You can almost guarantee a 4G octo-core version will be out in Ireland eventually.

Most are getting the quad core Qualcomm, Tesco seem to be getting the oct core exynos.

Are they really, or is it a typo? Has someone received one?

The Vodafone website says it has 1gb RAM, other websites say it has FM radio....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Basil3 wrote: »
    Are they really, or is it a typo? Has someone received one?

The Vodafone website says it has 1gb RAM, other websites say it has FM radio....

That's why I said seem. It could easily be just someone copy and pasting the wrong model details.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

seanbmc wrote: »
    Have a look at this thread and read it to the end, only a drop in the ocean when it comes to negative feedback for three. http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056907171/1 If your not convinced after reading that take a look at the three.ie board. Totally shocking network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Has the phone been rooted yet? My wife got her one today, and I'm very jealous. Very tempted, paticularly if cpw are offering €150 trade in for an S2, but if I can't use my root apps I'll wait.

Has the phone been rooted yet? My wife got her one today, and I'm very jealous. Very tempted, paticularly if cpw are offering €150 trade in for an S2, but if I can't use my root apps I'll wait.

Yeah, it's been rooted, but currently no working/stable recovery so no custom roms. However, root is good to go!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it sim free from cpw do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Any one else finding it difficult to get a black one, all the shop i'm going to only have white. Its annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Would love to know where your getting your pricing from as the cheapest plan on Three where you get the handset for free is the €60.99 pm plan and they don't have a €49 pm plan?

I'm out of contract with 3 and on a rolling contract for the past 12 months, I'm on an old price plan called Relax 350 which was 49pm, they have been chasing me for an upgrade since I dropped out of contract.

I cant believe that I got it for free on the 40.66 a month but there you have it.

hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

After playing around with the S4 today I can honestly say the screen on S4 is far better than HTC one, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

No black S4's available until next week with Vodafone.
    Tried to get one today but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

O2 online is a joke Phone was in stock and couldn't get code to work :-/

markad1 wrote: »
    O2 online is a joke Phone was in stock and couldn't get code to work :-/

Mine worked. Maybe u can speak to someone on the 02 section here?

• Advertisement

After playing around with the S4 today I can honestly say the screen on S4 is far better than HTC one, imo.

I look forward to seeing one in the flesh. Would be very surprised if it's far better, I have always thought Amoleds look terrible up until now. Will be very pleased if it's even on par with the One.

Advertisement