Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania XXX Packages/Info thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

I've done both the package and pay separately.

It depends what you want really! If you want to sit ringside or in the central risers you can get a package and be guaranteed this. The first time I went was WrestleMania 28 and flights accommodation and package was 2k+. I sat ringside for this btw.

For WrestleMania 29 I did everything separate and sat in the risers beside the central risers. I went by myself and decided I wasn't going to get a package because the package prices had nearly doubled compared to the year before. It was a bit cheaper but not by a lot.

It really comes down to what the package prices are for WrestleMania 30. It might be cheaper packages because it is being held in New Orleans or it might be more expensive because it's WrestleMania 30. I want a package for 30 because IT SHOULD be a great Mania but I'll wait and see what the package prices are before I make any decisions.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭LiamBro

ciano316 wrote: »
    I've done both the package and pay separately.

It depends what you want really! If you want to sit ringside or in the central risers you can get a package and be guaranteed this. The first time I went was WrestleMania 28 and flights accommodation and package was 2k+. I sat ringside for this btw.

For WrestleMania 29 I did everything separate and sat in the risers beside the central risers. I went by myself and decided I wasn't going to get a package because the package prices had nearly doubled compared to the year before. It was a bit cheaper but not by a lot.

It really comes down to what the package prices are for WrestleMania 30. It might be cheaper packages because it is being held in New Orleans or it might be more expensive because it's WrestleMania 30. I want a package for 30 because IT SHOULD be a great Mania but I'll wait and see what the package prices are before I make any decisions.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

I done the packages myself for 28, just don't want to skip the packages and then miss out on a Raw ticket or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭LiamBro

If anyone is from New Orleans or has been can they give a brief description on what it's like? Main attractions, transport, good places to eat etc? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭kwillcox

Im planning on doing a USA Contiki Tour after wrestlemania if anyone is interested lol. 26 days of exploring the US!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Since flights aint included there its just over 2000 euro(which is mental!).

Did anyone book by themselves(Aer lingus, hotel, wrestlemania/raw ticket. What did that come to?

Booked everything seperate 3 times, it gets more expensive each time, What you'll pay really depends on what you want, as an example these were the prices we paid this year.

Return flights from Dublin €440 each (1 stop over on way over, direct back)

Hilton Hotel €100 per room per night could fit up to 4 people (we were 2 and stayed 6 nights)

Mania ticket €150 each stadium risers 100 level (not center)

Raw and Axxess tickets €50 each (GA and again stadium riser 100 level not center)

Assorted Indie wrestling tickets €4 -€25 each lol

Skipped the HOF

• Registered Users Posts: 23 elainey121

hi, just wondering to any of you who have been to wrestlemania before i know the packages usuall go on sale around july but does anybody know how much notice they give before they go on sale. would hate for them to just pop up one day and not have a clue. the closer its getting the more anxious i am :) also the time ?? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Gambino Capo

elainey121 wrote: »
    hi, just wondering to any of you who have been to wrestlemania before i know the packages usuall go on sale around july but does anybody know how much notice they give before they go on sale. would hate for them to just pop up one day and not have a clue. the closer its getting the more anxious i am :) also the time ?? thanks

About a week notice. They've always been under heavy scrutiny (from us at least lol) about the lack of proper notification. Yea we know months ahead of time that they'll go on sale at some point in the summer but I see no harm in giving us a concrete date at least a month in advanced.

What ever time packages go on sale (Noon I think it was for 28) there is usually a pre-sale before hand. Pre-sale password is emailed by WWE.

I hope there's a reduction in cost of packages this year. Prices last year were crazy. Once the price is OK i'll be going for a platinum package like at Mania 28. As soon as anyone gets notice about a sale date just stick it up and then watch everyone panic haha.

Cheers, everybody been great here. And as regards the pre sale how do u get password to that do u just have 2 b registered with wwe coz i have been for years dont remember seeing anyting like that or do u have 2 let them know your interested in mania? ?

• Advertisement

travel.packages@wwe.com

Just email them

• Registered Users Posts: 3 neocoris

So LiamBro wanted to know a little bit about New Orleans and I am sure others will as well.
    First things first, safety should be your number one priority. New Orleans is the type of city that can become very violent very fast if you do not know what you are doing. I think it goes without saying that you do not want drink to the point where you pass out in a puddle of your own vomit on a street corner. Its a great way to wake up with all your valuables missing and can ruin your time here. You also don't want to pee in an alley in the French Quarter. They will haul your ass off to Orleans Parish Prison if you do that and it can ruin your whole weekend before it even begins. New Orleans does not have bad neighborhoods and good neighborhoods. Instead, we have good streets and bad streets and if you are not from here you probably will not know which is which. Its best to stick to the main streets (St. Charles, Claiborne, S. Carrollton/N.Carollton, Magazine, Tchoupitoulas and Canal) if you want to travel around. Generally speaking, these streets can take you anywhere in the city and all you need to do is turn off of them to get anywhere. If you can, travel in groups and noone will give you a hard time. If you are alone, use common sense and be aware of your surroundings and try to walk on well lit streets at night. IF YOU DO GO TO THE QUARTER DO NOT GO NORTH OF NORTH RAMPART. That neighborhood is the Treme and can be dangerous.
    As for main attractions, everyone from out of town seems to love the French Quarter and Bourbon Street. I would say it is iconic and a must see for anyone that is visiting for the first time, but in my opinion there are better options available if you do not want to deal with the massive tourist crowd and super drunk people. For instance, you can enjoy the Quarter without going to Bourbon street. There are just as many bars on Royal, Decatur and other streets that it won't be a problem finding a place to drink without stepping in other peoples piss and vomit. Bourbon is best during the day but I don't like going there at night because that's when most people come and make an ass of themselves. Most locals don't even go to the Quarter and look at tourists as 40 year olds trying to relive the glory of their youth and failing miserably at it. As a matter of fact, New Orleanians generally avoid the Quarter like the plague. The equivalent of the French Quarter for New Orleanians is a neighborhood called the Marigny. In particular, you want to go to Frenchman Street. That's where you can catch live music far superior to the **** you will hear in the Quarter and that is where the local legends play their tunes. If you are looking for things that are for those above college age, then the best place for you to go is Magazine Street or Oak Street in Uptown. A good rule of thumb for Magazine Street is that the further you go from the Quarter the less crazy the bar is going to be. Oak Street has a couple cool bars. The Maple Leaf is an iconic place with live music every night. At night, you have to pay cover to see the band but in the day you don't. It is a big big big part of New Orleans culture in my opinion. There is also a wine bar called the Oak Wine Bar if you have a lady in tow and you are looking for a nice place to take her.
    The bars are really the biggest attractions in this city along with the Quarter. Others include things like Audobon Park, City Park, the Cemeteries (go with a tour group as most are in the Treme), National WWII Museum (not as awesome as I hoped it would be), restaurants (we will talk about those in a minute), the Zoo, Aquarium, and Insectarium. A cool neighborhood to walk through if you get time is Carollton. Magazine, Maple, and Oak Streets are in Carollton and worth a stroll.
    As for transportation, we have a system of streetcars and buses in the city. There are 5 main lines; St. Charles, Canal (Cemetery Line), Canal (Park Line), Riverwalk, and the new Loyola line. They are supposedly also working on a French Quarter line but I dont know if it will be done by WMXXX. St. Charles Line takes you from Bourbon and Canal all the way down St. Charles then around the Riverbend (St. Charles and S. Carrollton intersection) to S. Carollton and Claiborne. This line is easily identifiable because the cars are the only ones that are green. The Canal lines take you up and down Canal Street and one splits off to City Park while the other takes you to the St. Louis Cemeteries. The Riverwalk Line goes along the bank of the Mississippi River along the southern boundary of the French Quarter. The Loyola line is pretty new and was built for the Super Bowl. That one from what I understand links up with Canal and takes you to the Superdome so that one is a pretty important one to know. Streetcar if it is up and operational is the way to travel around this city if you don't have a car. It costs $1.25 for a one way trip versus a taxi which could cost you your first born child. If you need a taxi from the airport, try to find other people and go with them. A one way trip from the airport to the Quarter is at minimum $33 and can easily become $50. As you can imagine, the streetcar really really really helps you defray costs.
    I will cover good places to eat in the next post, just want to post this so that way I don't lose everything I've typed.

Don't know why I needed to make an entirely different post for this but check this out for food http://www.bestofneworleans.com/gambit/best-of-new-orleans-2012-food/Content?oid=2063717 . I read through it and it is pretty spot on. If you want to know a couple places to go if you are on a super tight budget I can always ask a couple of my friends who have lived here since they were kids and update.

^^^ thanks heeps Neocoris!!!!! definitely will be wanting more advice from you when it gets closer.

WM26 was my first mania so I can't wait to go to my second mania. I'm from Australia so i definitely appreciate the little tips since i am not familiar with the area. I will have to write all the tips down like the Loyola so i don't forget because all the different buses sound confusing.

I didn't really think New Orleans was a dangerous place, glad to know i should be cautious especially at night. But i guess there is crime everywhere so common sense can go a long way. I probably wont be drinking much anyway so i probably wont have much to worry about in that respect.

New Orleans is actually one of the murder capitals of America and as I said previously can be pretty damn dangerous. Exercising common sense goes a long way in keeping one safe, but as I said before most of the people who come here just don't do that because they are too concerned about getting drunk out of their minds.
    Nevertheless, the Streetcar Line is not as complicated as one may think. Chances are the travel package will either place you in a hotel in the Quarter or in the CBD. The CBD is the Central Business District or what most other Americans would call downtown, although downtown means something entirely different here. Don't ask a cab to take you to Downtown New Orleans, because you will be asking for trouble. Just ask them to take you to the CBD. As you may have guessed, New Orleanians aren't great with directions. So here is a quick lesson in New Orleans geographic terms. Downtown = Down river or where the current of the Mississippi goes, Uptown = Upriver, CBD = Central Business District or what most people would ordinarily call downtown, Westbank is the southern shore of the Mississippi, and Eastbank is the northern shore of the Mississippi. North Shore is north of Lake Pontchartrain, South shore is south of Lake Pontchartrain. If someone talks about the VC or you see signs that say Vieux Carre, that is the French name for the French Quarter. A Parish is what most Americans and others in the English speaking world would call a County. And last but not least, you will probably without a doubt hear someone refer to a neutral ground here especially if they are talking about a streetcar. A neutral ground is a big ass median in the middle of the road that can accomodate streetcars.
    The good news is the streetcar line is surprisingly easy to master. All of the streetcars meet on Canal Street which borders the French Quarter. What you want to look for is a little yellow sign on a pole that says car stop. It looks like this: http://photos.metrojacksonville.com/photos/514197227_zHqex-M.jpg . Now there are only two points of origin for the line. The first is if you go to the intersection of Bourbon and Canal. If you go to the intersection of Bourbon and Canal and look across the street you will see dark green street cars that look like this: http://www.subwaysigns.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/new_orleans_streetcar.11873141_std.jpg . This is the St. Charles Street Car and will take you along St. Charles Ave. to Uptown and is definitely worth a ride to the end of the line and back. The rest of the Street Cars originate on the median on Canal Street. http://media.nola.com/tpphotos/photo/2013/01/12185084-standard.jpg <- This is what the Loyola Street Car looks like. The only way you can tell what Street Car is going where is by looking in the window and seeing the sign that says where it is going. It will say Park, Cemeteries, or have Riverwalk plastered on the front of the car.
    To sum it up, all you have to do is ask someone to point you in the direction of Canal Street, from there find the car stop sign, look for the car that says Loyola if you are going to the Superdome, and you are good to go. Not complicated at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Save_us.Y2MIZ

Those who did the silver package, where exactly did you sit?

• Advertisement

^^^ i think the silver package seats changed for WM 29. When i went to WM 26 the Silver package tickets were opposite the camera in the permanent seating (level 100) however for 29 i believe they were further back facing the entrance/ring behind the announce table in the level 100 seating.

I don't know about WM 27 & 28 but i think they were the same as the silver for WM 26, maybe someone else could clarify that?

travel.packages@wwe.com. anyone who has emailed this address heard anything back have emailed a couple of times and not heard a thing ?? you guys here are my best source of info so far

I haven't and I emailed them in April, I'm not sure if they eventually do emaiil you or if you're automatically added to the list with no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sandow

Hello,
    I'm from France/Belgium and I joined this board because I'm really interested to go to WM 30 this year. This will be my first one!
    I traveled a lot in the USA but I've never been in Louisiana and I always wanted to visit New Orleans. And as I'm a French native, it will be awesome ;)

So, at first, thanks a lot for all of your advises in this thread.
    I think I will go for a package. We are 3 persons but I'm afraid to be blocked when I will have to pay with the credit card.
    If it's (for example) $2000 per person, I will have to pay $6000 in one time, right ? It's more than my card limit :(
    Can we pay with two credit cards ? How the folks are able to pay 5 VIP ticket with one credit card ? Any info? :-)

Thanks a lot for your answer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,333 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You can top up your credit card by transferring over more money; so lets say your card has a 1k EUR limit currently not used. If you pay in then 3k EUR your card now has 3k cash and 1k credit to be used for a total of 4k EUR that can be charged to it.

• Advertisement

kwillcox wrote: »
    ^^^ i think the silver package seats changed for WM 29. When i went to WM 26 the Silver package tickets were opposite the camera in the permanent seating (level 100) however for 29 i believe they were further back facing the entrance/ring behind the announce table in the level 100 seating.

I don't know about WM 27 & 28 but i think they were the same as the silver for WM 26, maybe someone else could clarify that?

I went to 26, 27, & 28 on a Silver Package and the seats were exactly as u described. Great seats in the lower level 100s on camera side. My closest was 28. I was 3 rows from the floor. Missed 29 though but will be returning for 30 booking separate because package prices are getting out of hand.
    travel.packages@wwe.com. anyone who has emailed this address heard anything back have emailed a couple of times and not heard a thing ?? you guys here are my best source of info so far

I also have emailed them a few times and have heard nothing back. July is not that far away so they should be breaking their silence in the near future.

I went to 26, 27, & 28 on a Silver Package and the seats were exactly as u described. Great seats in the lower level 100s on camera side. My closest was 28. I was 3 rows from the floor. Missed 29 though but will be returning for 30 booking separate because package prices are getting out of hand.

Do you know if the gold changed at all for 29?

Gold for 29 was still the same as previous WMs. Seats were central risers that were placed on the field.

thats cool just hoping i wasnt being left out in the cold. feel bit better now :)

Nody wrote: »
    You can top up your credit card by transferring over more money; so lets say your card has a 1k EUR limit currently not used. If you pay in then 3k EUR your card now has 3k cash and 1k credit to be used for a total of 4k EUR that can be charged to it.

Thanks a lot for your answer Nody :)

I'm planning to combine this trip with a visit of Houston, Memphis and Nashville.
    I can't wait.

I hope they will announce the packages soon!

I will hopefully be returning to my ringside seating for WrestleMania 30 once the package prices aren't ridiculous!!

I sat to the right of the gold package seats for 29 and it was pretty good. The Metlife was great. There was a bar and restaurant under the seating.

We're doing everything separate, we're either going to do tickets in the gold or tickets in the risers directly across the camera. It just got to the point that booking everything together in a package wasn't worth the extra 1000$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Anyone else just get a call from WWE Packages to do a Wrestlemania Package survey?

1. How far in advance did you book your last Wrestlemania package?
    2. How many people in the package, age, gender?
    3. What hotel did you stay in?
    4. Did you go to the following activities, axxess, HOF etc
    5. Will you be attending WM30?
    6. Would the following activities enhance your decision to attend Wrestlemania - Paid flights, paid city travel, restaurants, VIP access seating at WM

Anyone else just get a call from WWE Packages to do a Wrestlemania Package survey?

6. Would the following activities enhance your decision to attend Wrestlemania - Paid flights, paid city travel, restaurants, VIP access seating at WM

Are u in america? Wud b great if flights included aswell. Wud love to get a call from them,

Are u in america? Wud b great if flights included aswell. Wud love to get a call from them,
    Nope Ireland

• Advertisement

realy? Ohh d excitment, me too. R u planning to go? What answers did u give, whats ur plans. Dying 4 them to go on sale

1. How far in advance did you book your last Wrestlemania package? - 9 Months
    2. How many people in the package, age, gender? - 4, m, 25-34
    3. What hotel did you stay in? - Grand Hyatt
    4. Did you go to the following activities, axxess, HOF etc - Yep
    5. Will you be attending WM30? - Yep
    6. Would the following activities enhance your decision to attend Wrestlemania - Paid flights, paid city travel, restaurants, VIP access seating at WM - All of them(especially the flights)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would love if the flights were included

Yeah flights included would be a big help. Don't think you can fly direct to New Orleans either so it's gonna be a 600e+ flight.

If anyone does a survey tell them a reduction in price would get more people to buy packages.

Yeah flights included would be a big help. Don't think you can fly direct to New Orleans either so it's gonna be a 600e+ flight.

If anyone does a survey tell them a reduction in price would get more people to buy packages.

How much was your package last year Ciano?

Nope, Already checked.
    Checked all the major airlines, stops in New Jearsy, Chicago or Washington.
    Checked London also, theres a stop in Miami

Had this to hand FR
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/29/travel-packages

Cheers for that . Just messing around on ebookers.com and to fly 2nd April-9th April (from dublin and 1 or 2 stops) costs €655

The packages between Miami & New Jersey had a huge jump. I bought 2 packages for WrestleMania 28 and it was 2.5k for both. This year I only wanted one and it was around 2k on it's own so I did everything separate(the more packages you buy the cheaper it is). WrestleMania 30 be my 3rd one in a row and will be hopefully depending on package prices going all out then I'm taking a break from Mania and doing the Royal Rumble. Mania is expensive but there's so much to do that weekend.

Anyone who's never been make sure you look up wrestlecon. That was unbelievable.

• Advertisement

The packages between Miami & New Jersey had a huge jump. I bought 2 packages for WrestleMania 28 and it was 2.5k for both. This year I only wanted one and it was around 2k on it's own so I did everything separate(the more packages you buy the cheaper it is). WrestleMania 30 be my 3rd one in a row and will be hopefully depending on package prices going all out then I'm taking a break from Mania and doing the Royal Rumble. Mania is expensive but there's so much to do that weekend.

Anyone who's never been make sure you look up wrestlecon. That was unbelievable.

Cheers , did you save much on doing it seperate last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

I got an e-mail from WWE travel packages saying the packages should go on sale in the next 3 weeks or so, they were persistent it was July. I had an issue at Mania 29 and they are giving me the ticket part of my package for free.

Cheers , did you save much on doing it seperate last year?

Yeah it saved a good bit. WrestleCon made the trip more expensive. I think I spent abut $500 meeting wrestlers maybe more haha. :P Unbelievable days though worth it to be honest.

I got an e-mail from WWE travel packages saying the packages should go on sale in the next 3 weeks or so, they were persistent it was July. I had an issue at Mania 29 and they are giving me the ticket part of my package for free.

Are you able to post the email here KNN?
    ive tried emailing the packages email to get a standard reply with some info, but no luck

Are you able to post the email here KNN?
    ive tried emailing the packages email to get a standard reply with some info, but no luck

same thing for me; I would like to be in their list but they don't reply. :(

The e mail went as follows -
    "If you decide to purchase a WrestleMania 30 Travel Package for 4 people next year, we will deduct the price of 4 VIP tickets. As soon as the WrestleMania 30 Travel Packages are confirmed, which will be mid to end of July..."

They sent numerous e mails about the same thing. I was passed on from their fan services people to the package people directly so they were told to keep in contact with me. This is the only e mail that said July, as opposed to how ever many weeks it was at the time. This has been going on since the night of WM29 and they recently offered a generous resolution. They are due to contact me in the first week of july or so.

• Advertisement

The only thing about the Package deals is that chances of me having all that money in one go is slim . So hopefully if im going id say it will be everything seperate

• Registered Users Posts: 6 takerv40

Hello,

Does anyone here know how long the travel packages are usually on sale for? I checked the website AFTER mania and it seemed that the silver packages weren't all sold because all the other packages had "sold out" in big red letters beneath them. Then again I could be wrong. I got mixed up and thought the packages weren't on sale until November but now I realise I don't have enough time to save for mine so I was hoping somebody could tell me how long they last

takerv40 wrote: »
    Hello,

Does anyone here know how long the travel packages are usually on sale for? I checked the website AFTER mania and it seemed that the silver packages weren't all sold because all the other packages had "sold out" in big red letters beneath them. Then again I could be wrong. I got mixed up and thought the packages weren't on sale until November but now I realise I don't have enough time to save for mine so I was hoping somebody could tell me how long they last

Depends really, with it being number 30 the demand should be bigger but so could the prices. Its generally a good 2 months though as long as they dont sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 takerv40

Thanks for the reply! I may just buy everything separately cause decent tickets seem to be about two or three hundred euros and the axxess and HOF admission prices seem to be reasonable enough so it would probably work out cheaper. Plus the latter tickets go on sale after Christmas so that would mean I wouldn't have to spend all my money at once : You wouldn't happen to know roughly how much the flights would be by any chance?

takerv40 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply! I may just buy everything separately cause decent tickets seem to be about two or three hundred euros and the axxess and HOF admission prices seem to be reasonable enough so it would probably work out cheaper. Plus the latter tickets go on sale after Christmas so that would mean I wouldn't have to spend all my money at once : You wouldn't happen to know roughly how much the flights would be by any chance?

From what Ive checked anyway, theres no direct flights from Ireland to New Orleans so it depends where you fly in to, looks to be in the €600+ area anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement