Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fanki na pengin

Now that my jealousy has subsided (:pac:), I apologise as I don't know the answer to the question! (Although something in the back of my head is saying 'yes', you need some criteria for Dragonborn.....).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I don't know about Dragonborn (roll on tomorrow!) but for Dawnguard you don't have to be at a certain level but if you're at level 10 or higher a member of the Dawnguard will seek you out to start the quest. You can still find out about it from guards before that though. Also you do continue to play as the same character.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

sheehy83 wrote: »
    hey lads, quick question. My ps3 was stolen and got a new one cheap. my gf had a Skyrim save file with over 200 hours racked up and platinum trophy got. She wants to get the new dlc but she lost her save file with the old ps3. Do you need to be a certain level to play the DLC's dragon born or the vampire one? In the vampire one, do you play as a new character or your existing one?

Thanks!
    Real sh1tty. I presume the save file wasn't auto uploaded to playstation plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Real sh1tty. I presume the save file wasn't auto uploaded to playstation plus?

Nah, Platinum was got before I had PS+. Speaking of, any new game I start, it asks if it wants me to save on cloud and I'm like aaaahhhh no. Seriously has my mind changed, gonna use only cloud for saves from now on.

If my PS+ expires, do my saves disappear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fanki na pengin

According to this, no. Sony keeps it stored for 6 months (unaccessable), then deletes it. Unless you re-subscribe.

• Advertisement

According to this, no. Sony keeps it stored for 6 months (unaccessable), then deletes it. Unless you re-subscribe.

Thanks man, mmmm. I wonder can you make a copy of your save file from cloud and store it on USB????

Sorry for going off topic. So I see Dragon Born DLC is 20 euro on steam, that couldn't be right is it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sounds as the normal full price; so yea, could be right,

wow thats expensive dlc, good thing it will be half price on first week of sale

wow thats expensive dlc, good thing it will be half price on first week of sale
    I think only Dawnguard and Hearthfire are half-price.

Adyx wrote: »
    I think only Dawnguard and Hearthfire are half-price.

Playstation blog said each will get the discount, hopefully anyway!
    Last but not least, each add-on will be 50% off during its launch week on PSN.

• Advertisement

Playstation blog said each will get the discount, hopefully anyway!
    Sorry, you're right. I misread it on another site. That's a bit shít really considering it's out only a week after the PC version.

Adyx wrote: »
    Sorry, you're right. I misread it on another site. That's a bit shít really considering it's out only a week after the PC version.

Yeah surely you could get Skyrim on PC for 20 quid these days? Must be a big piece of DLC.

Yeah surely you could get Skyrim on PC for 20 quid these days? Must be a big piece of DLC.
    Especially during a Steam sale or something, I'd say it's come down in price a lot. I got it as a present so I don't mind too much paying for the dlc but Dawnguard was €20 and Hearthfire was €5 and now this is another €20. I think €15 would be a more reasonable price. Still, at least on the pc there's all the mods which can add a huge amount of extra content for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ghouldaddy

ghouldaddy wrote: »
    Can't find it on the actual store yet.:(

You can buy it from the link above and then when you're on the PS3, go to account -> transactions and start the download from their.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Downloading it now, looking forward to a bit more skyrim even if its a few months late. Just hope my ps3 doesn't burst into flames.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cillo rs200

Is there any thread discussing Skyrim mods for PC?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=648

you could start a thread here and ask
    or maybe there's one already

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cillo rs200

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Whats dawnguard like? its half off for this week on psn. Dont know whether to get it or not. The whole vampire thing doesn't sound that interesting to me, how does it compare to dragonborn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

I'm obsessed with this game. To the point of cult like obsession.

The soundtrack is absolutely out of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

At 182 hours played, I think its time I called a halt to my time in Skyrim.

182 hours is a lot for me to spend in a single game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Highly recommend this, turns Skyrim into a tropical paradise:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

only started myself on 360

looking fw to getting stuck in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Say goodbye to your life for the next 3 months. :D

Greatest game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I'm about 40 hrs in and have a few questions but i'll start with this one.
    Every one i meet tells me im not looking very well or asks me am i sick. I've tried the potion of disease cure but that hasn't helped.

Whats wrong with me i feel like a leper.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

weiland79 wrote: »
    I'm about 40 hrs in and have a few questions but i'll start with this one.
    Every one i meet tells me im not looking very well or asks me am i sick. I've tried the potion of disease cure but that hasn't helped.

Whats wrong with me i feel like a leper.:(

Did you try sleeping? If not that you can check your active effects in the magic menu, that tells you everything that is boosting or dropping your stats.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Managed to save in a place where I'm trapped and keep getting killed. That's a years worth of play down the drain.

Advertisement