Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I kept playing on and it was actually handy enough to beat aldui in the end as others helped in the fight.

Now trying to level up a bit and might do a few more quests.

on another note, Lydia just died :( My trusty companion!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

tok9 wrote: »
    I kept playing on and it was actually handy enough to beat aldui in the end as others helped in the fight.

Now trying to level up a bit and might do a few more quests.

on another note, Lydia just died :( My trusty companion!

Steal all her ****.

On the bright side, she won't get stuck in your way in doors anymore and she's released of the sworn duty to carry all your burdens...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

tok9 wrote: »
    What level should you be around when facing the final main quest?

Im level 27 and mostly melee playing on the toughest difficulty. Found it tough enough just getting to the area and the dragon priest was a pain.

Not looking forward to Alduin without my companion.

Edit: Level 29 actually and i'm at a part where I can't go back but I do have a save from earlier.

Do you not find the toughest difficulty is more of a slog than anything else? Its not like the AI is smarter, you just do less damage and they do more. Since the combat is pretty basic stuff I find the increased difficulty makes it more of a chore.

quarryman wrote: »
    Do you not find the toughest difficulty is more of a slog than anything else? Its not like the AI is smarter, you just do less damage and they do more. Since the combat is pretty basic stuff I find the increased difficulty makes it more of a chore.

Ya I kind of agree with that. I like a challenge in my games but i never really felt like I improved that much as an ordinary enemy can still take a good deal of health.

But after putting 50 hours into it now I'm not changing it.

Only in the last few days have I started to enchant and trap souls, something I didn't know about at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Right, I need a hand off someone here.

A long time ago, I forgot about the main quests and just focused on leveling the character etc. I have a quest in the misc section saying "Return to Esbern".

When I do, it just just gives me an option that I've already said, which is "About Paarthurnax..." And he just rants on.

I went to the Throat of The World and talked to Paarthurnax, but he just assists me on shouts.

I don't want to sound like a noob but I completely forgot about this until now and I don't know if I've done anything wrong or right.

Any help? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fanki na pengin

So I've just gotten back into this after about a year away from playing it. I decided to go with magic as its something I never do. I always pick sneaky elves in TES.

Enjoying it so far, and it's a nice change charging through caves blasting fire and having Lydia cut through the rest. (I used I never use a companion.)

I've never plate the original two, but on order of the three I have played, I'd put this 2nd after Morrowind.

Only thing I really preferred in Oblivion was the assassins guild story and the variety of scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

IanMc666 wrote: »
    Right, I need a hand off someone here.

A long time ago, I forgot about the main quests and just focused on leveling the character etc. I have a quest in the misc section saying "Return to Esbern".

When I do, it just just gives me an option that I've already said, which is "About Paarthurnax..." And he just rants on.

I went to the Throat of The World and talked to Paarthurnax, but he just assists me on shouts.

I don't want to sound like a noob but I completely forgot about this until now and I don't know if I've done anything wrong or right.

Any help? Cheers.
    Are you on PC or console? Assuming this is the same quest it looks to be a known bug. Details Here. If it's in the misc section, it probably isn't part of the main quest anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

What's the best PC graphics mod?

Were the other Elder Scrolls games released cross-platform?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gbear wrote: »
    What's the best PC graphics mod?

Were the other Elder Scrolls games released cross-platform?

oblivion came out on consoles and I think morrowind only came out on xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Only thing I really preferred in Oblivion was the assassins guild story and the variety of scenery.

Gods damn it now I may have to play Oblivion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Morag wrote: »
    Gods damn it now I may have to play Oblivion.
    There's a GOTY, isn't there? Pretty sure there is. Get that, as it'll have the DLC. You'll want to play Shivering Isles, anyway.

It's well worth a play if you haven't played it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I've found myself going back to Oblivion recently purely due to being sick and tired of the Skyrim load times on the Xbox 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Adyx wrote: »
    Are you on PC or console? Assuming this is the same quest it looks to be a known bug. Details Here. If it's in the misc section, it probably isn't part of the main quest anyway.

I'm on console. It's in the misc section yeah, it's not bothering me that much, just was hoping it wouldn't affect anything too important, thanks a million though :) Damn bugs :p Can't wait for the DLC :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So i missed this game on release due to travelling at the time, I had also missed out on Oblivion due to ignorance.

I had never really played an elder scrolls game before, unless Baldurs gate is ES? I didnt play that for long though, anyway i decided the other day to buy skyrim out of boredom.

Anyway i started it a few days ago, around 4 or 5 days, and sadly i think ive finished it already....
    I went to the other realm and killed Alduin outside the valor place,
    is that the game over?

Was expecting to get alot more out of it, i didnt even skip through it, i done loads of side quests too. Is that seriously the game over? i was expecting alot more from it to be honest, considering all the hype around it.

I didnt read many of the books i have to say, am i missing alot of the game by skipping the book reading?

Might restart and just do every quest i come across first before main mission ones..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How many hours have you put in?

Have you joined the thieves guild, companions, dark brotherhood, bards college? Some of them are like a main quest in themselves

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

You can per-purchase Dragonborn on Steam now, due for release on Tuesday.

The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I found with Skyrim that the more I put into it the more I got out of it. I only put up like 80 hours, I'm definitely going to get back into it at some stage and keep plugging away.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    How many hours have you put in?

Have you joined the thieves guild, companions, dark brotherhood, bards college? Some of them are like a main quest in themselves

I think im 41 hours clocked, but alot of that is idle time too id say, and ive done none of joining factions thingies, wasnt sure which to start with to be honest. Didnt predict they would lead into much other than small rewards.

Ive pretty much just leveled from following the main story quest line while doing any dungeons or buildings i could raid as i came across them.., lvl 28 i think i am

nix wrote: »
    I think im 41 hours clocked, but alot of that is idle time too id say, and ive done none of joining factions thingies, wasnt sure which to start with to be honest. Didnt predict they would lead into much other than small rewards.

Ive pretty much just leveled from following the main story quest line while doing any dungeons or buildings i could raid as i came across them.., lvl 28 i think i am

What difficulty you playing on?

I was around that level too but decided to improve a bit before the last battle. Think I was lvl32 or 34 when I finished the main quest and still found it pretty tough. The dragon priest was a pain. I played on the hardest difficulty though.

• Advertisement

Playing on PC, didnt notice any option for setting difficulty :confused:

nix wrote: »

Join the factions! They're the best fun imo and are quite long.

Also, have a look into the Daedra quests, they're usually good fun, and quite unique.

Thanks mate, can i do all factions at once? or should i do one at a time?

Like can i join the stormcrows and the imperials and do both of them at the same time?

Which faction is the best? The brotherhood ones i predict would be good fun, think i impersonated as one of them while killing that lady at the orphanage.

also not really into the crafting, are any of these factions crafting specific?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Yeah assassins guild is always the most fun

Love the Assassin's one. If you killed that Orphanage lady then you've already set in motion the steps to joining it.

You have to chose Stormcrows or Legion I'm afraid!

You can simultaneously be part of the other factions though. Thieves, Mages, Companions.....all good fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

hey lads, quick question. My ps3 was stolen and got a new one cheap. my gf had a Skyrim save file with over 200 hours racked up and platinum trophy got. She wants to get the new dlc but she lost her save file with the old ps3. Do you need to be a certain level to play the DLC's dragon born or the vampire one? In the vampire one, do you play as a new character or your existing one?

Thanks!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    hey lads, quick question. My ps3 was stolen and got a new one cheap. my gf had a Skyrim save file with over 200 hours racked up and platinum trophy got. She wants to get the new dlc but she lost her save file with the old ps3. Do you need to be a certain level to play the DLC's dragon born or the vampire one? In the vampire one, do you play as a new character or your existing one?

DOES SHE HAVE A SISTER?

:pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Marry her sheehy... :pac:

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Marry her sheehy... :pac:

The ring is already on the finger, the Platinum trophy sealed the deal :D

Advertisement