Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I dislike autobiographies coming out while the person in question is still playing. If he has truly signed on for a new season then I'd be wary of this. He can't exactly have a tell all book under those circumstances.

He can add an extra two chapters at the end of 2014. One for his 4th Heineken Cup and one for his only victory over the All Blacks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

If he has signed for one more yet it will be pushed back. I wouldn't be worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

November. All signs pointing towards a big sendoff against the ABs imo. Relwase the book to take advantage of the Boddemonium

Planning his final game for a match he will almost certainly lose? Don't want to be too negative, but as pumped up as he would be (and it would be great to see, he's determined enough at the best of times) if the other 14 players aren't up to it that won't count for much against the ABs

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Tox56 wrote: »
    Planning his final game for a match he will almost certainly lose? Don't want to be too negative, but as pumped up as he would be (and it would be great to see, he's determined enough at the best of times) if the other 14 players aren't up to it that won't count for much against the ABs

I would like to think he'd approach things a little less cowardly than that!

I'm hoping for it. There is still an unannounced testimonial even for him to come in Dublin according to the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I'm hoping for it. There is still an unannounced testimonial even for him to come in Dublin according to the site.

:D Fair enough but it wouldn't really be fitting to see him go out on a loss, and unfortunately that's more a probability than a possibility against New Zealand. High risk, although potentially high reward I suppose, stuff of legends to do that in his last game. As I say it would be great to see him like a man possessed one last time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

He said on Newstalk after his London testimonial that the Dublin one would be November.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Tox56 wrote: »
    :D Fair enough but it wouldn't really be fitting to see him go out on a loss, and unfortunately that's more a probability than a possibility against New Zealand. High risk, although potentially high reward I suppose, stuff of legends to do that in his last game. As I say it would be great to see him like a man possessed one last time

Yeah but can you imagine the event? And the buildup?

It'd be amazing. I'll be there anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

phog wrote: »
    Saw this on twitter, BOD's autobiography http://www.penguincatalogue.co.uk/hi/general/title.html?titleId=18739&catalogueId=253&imprintId=1123

Edited to add, the tweeter mentioned that Brian had mentioned he wouldn't have his book out til after his retirement.

Could he have found a bigger coat for the cover photo???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

After the unmentionable, I really do not want Joe to take the Ireland job. Some of the vitriol from our southern brethren was incredible. Leave them to it. Leinster now way more important to me than the national team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

He can add an extra two chapters at the end of 2014. One for his 4th Heineken Cup and one for his only victory over the All Blacks!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9kJwgflUuDMjO3l5zJ4jZQGBcN0tGCA_TZswni57m-zRrEIgQ

But I like your optimism!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Swiwi wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9kJwgflUuDMjO3l5zJ4jZQGBcN0tGCA_TZswni57m-zRrEIgQ

But I like your optimism!

I remember posting similar sentiments re the ABs at the World Cup.

Maybe the IRB will tell the ref to hand us the match at all costs too?

tolosenc wrote: »
    I remember posting similar sentiments re the ABs at the World Cup.

Maybe the IRB will tell the ref to hand us the match at all costs too?

Ah come on, I was just havin' a bit of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

The truth hurts, don't it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

LorMal wrote: »
    After the unmentionable, I really do not want Joe to take the Ireland job. Some of the vitriol from our southern brethren was incredible. Leave them to it. Leinster now way more important to me than the national team.

The vitriol is going both ways . Ireland will surely miss your support for your sofa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Ditto :P

.ak wrote: »
    The truth hurts, don't it? :D

The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable. - Former US President James A. Garfield

I prefer a bubble of happy delusion, .ak :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,032 ✭✭✭✭phog

LorMal wrote: »

I'm not sure if you're linking the "vitriol" from the south as to why you don't want Joe to take the job or if you're making a few seperate statements and I'm getting confused. However, if you are then it seems small mindedness to me that you want the best coach in the country to refuse to coach a national team, a job he seems keen to want based on a handful of outbusts in social media.

As for the vitriol from the south comment I think most supporters know it was clearly a two way street and certainly not confined to Munster fans.

No matter who gets the Irish job then surely there's going to be a breath of fresh air about the team and thier first few games, I hope it's going a great time for Irish fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

So Herald saying last night

Les Kiss and Alex King frontrunners for Joe's job.

Dawson almost has someone lined up just in case.

King is an exciting backs coach and Joe would back him so I would take it but Northampton would have to agree as he is due there from Clermont I read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Les Kiss? Really?

Les Kiss? Really?

Honestly and it was by Berry who gets the info as Herald are a sponsor.

I know, I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

ssaye wrote: »

King is an exciting backs coach and Joe would back him so I would take it but Northampton would have to agree as he is due there from Clermont I read.

I nearly vomited when I read that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

No way Kiss will get the job. He been around Kidney far too long. Expect another Schmidt style appointment. Is Wayne Smith available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

I'd be happy with Les Kiss for Leinster. Apparently he is very highly regarded by the international players, he knows most of the players, and he's highly ambitious to be a head coach. I think he deserves a shot at the big job.

Quint2010 wrote: »
    No way Kiss will get the job. He been around Kidney far too long. Expect another Schmidt style appointment. Is Wayne Smith available?

Only wants International position if moving NH. Said he wont be tempted otherwise at this stage. Who knows.

I'd be okay with Les Kiss taking the reigns.

Could well be a massive shake up between the coaching staff at Ireland / Leinster this season.

Don't want a like-for-like swap at all though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Yeah King is heading to Northampton alright, but wonder would a shot as a head coach tempt him?

Kiss can fcuk off as far as I'm concerned, wouldn't have him near the team.

Wayne Smith or McKenzie would be great too.

I'd like to see Gibbes get a shot also.

I'd love King, but can't happen now, can it?

.ak wrote: »
    I'd love King, but can't happen now, can it?

There are precedents apparently in last nights paper

"t would take a degree of charity from the Saints to release him. It has been done before – Declan Kidney was released by Newport-Gwent Dragons to move to Leinster. It looks like Schmidt is about to do it shortly."

There are precedents apparently in last nights paper

"t would take a degree of charity from the Saints to release him. It has been done before – Declan Kidney was released by Newport-Gwent Dragons to move to Leinster. It looks like Schmidt is about to do it shortly."

Ah, can't see it happening then. The Dragons case was a special one, Kidney just didn't want to be there and would've been counterproductive. I imagine King would be a lot more professional than that and honor the contract regardless if he wanted the Leinster job more.

• Advertisement

http://www.herald.ie/sport/rugby/leinster-ready-if-joe-goes-29200227.html

Link here

"We start training by the first of July, so we would have to have a coach in place for that if Joe does not continue in his role here," said Dawson. "Joe is in situ at least to the end of this season. He has a contract to the end of 2013/2014. But, we are acutely aware of what is going on at the moment."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement