Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

I think there was a bit of a whitewash yesterday with the Clermont match in mind, it's certainly left me very bitter and as of now am hoping that Munster get their asses handed to them in Montpellier. I know that come kick off though It'll be near impossible not to get behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

It's an interesting thing, who gets the lift the trophy. Generally the captain tells whoever they think deserves to lift it just before taking to the podium. Cullen an Whitaker lifted our first one, which was special considering the opposition, but the next one was lifted by Shaggy and Darce, and then finally by Cullen and Jennings.

Ah jesus lads. I'm a thick ignorant Leinster supporter who can't but be impressed by Clermont, but there's no way I'm cheering on a bunch of overpaid mercenaries (:pac:) against POC, Zebo, Kilcoyne, POM, Murray and O'Donnell et al!

I'll happily watch Munster beat those cheese eating surrender Monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Squad update

Kearns is fine. He'll be off for a few weeks.

McFadden and Sexton back this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Teferi wrote: »
    Squad update

Darce hopeful too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Teferi wrote: »
    Squad update

So this match is "a week too soon" for Jordi Murphy eh? Every week the squad update seems to have somebody for whom this match is "a week too soon".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

ambid wrote: »
    So this match is "a week too soon" for Jordi Murphy eh? Every week the squad update seems to have somebody for whom this match is "a week too soon".

How many times did we hear that about luke :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

ambid wrote: »

Realistically, Murphy has played his last game of the season at this stage, unless the Ospeys game somehow ends up being a dead rubber. It's a shame because he was very impressive when he got his chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

Burgo wrote: »
    How many times did we hear that about luke :(

Loads of arguments to talk about I suppose.

Strength and condition or lack of compared to English/Welsh etc, accidents, the argument the welfare program aint working as we still had 20+ injuries to central contracted players etc.

Players are tacking like demons and breaks are going to occur. I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years time or less more players will be in sick bay more than being able to be fielded across the whole league and we will be delving further into the academy during the Rabo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Realistically, Murphy has played his last game of the season at this stage, unless the Ospeys game somehow ends up being a dead rubber. It's a shame because he was very impressive when he got his chance.

Will surely be going on one of the Irish tours, hopefully the US one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Tox56 wrote: »
    Will surely be going on one of the Irish tours, hopefully the US one

Oh yeah, didn't think of that. I'd say Georgia is a lot more likely though, I'd think the likes of POM, Coughlan, TOD, Henderson, Henry will all be ahead of him for USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭chancer12

ssaye wrote: »
    Loads of arguments to talk about I suppose.

Strength and condition or lack of compared to English/Welsh etc, accidents, the argument the welfare program aint working as we still had 20+ injuries to central contracted players etc.

Players are tacking like demons and breaks are going to occur. I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years time or less more players will be in sick bay more than being able to be fielded across the whole league and we will be delving further into the academy during the Rabo.

Speaking of Luke, any update? Has he had his surgery yet? Think Eoin O'Malley and himself are the unluckiest players in Leinster. such a shame.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Oh yeah, didn't think of that. I'd say Georgia is a lot more likely though, I'd think the likes of POM, Coughlan, TOD, Henderson, Henry will all be ahead of him for USA.

The question is whether he can make Munster in the B&I cup semi final. Would be nice for him to play a knockout semi final even if its only the B&I cup. If we make the final it would be great for the fringe players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

I assume people like Macken and O'Malley will go and play for Emerging Ireland which will be good for them coming back to Leinster after good exposure to international set up.

• Administrators Posts: 53,535 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

errlloyd wrote: »
    I'd love to see clermont comprehensively rip Saracens to pieces in the final.
    Hell yes. This pleases me :)

chancer12 wrote: »
    Speaking of Luke, any update? Has he had his surgery yet? Think Eoin O'Malley and himself are the unluckiest players in Leinster. such a shame.

Next season start is all I know unfortunately.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/rabo-direct-pro-12/2013/0416/381708-schmidt-to-meet-the-irfu-over-ireland-job/

The more I think about it, the more I can't see Joe working closer with the IRFU than he already is. I just think there is a bit of ill -will there imo. Could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Joe Schmidt not mincing his words over the POC incident anyway...

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/schmidt-unhappy-with-o-connell-decision-1.1362086

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Joe Schmidt not mincing his words over the POC incident anyway...

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/schmidt-unhappy-with-o-connell-decision-1.1362086

wouldn't expect him to.

• Advertisement

1. Sinéad Kissane ‏@sineadkissane 1h
      Never seen Schmidt as annoyed. He said 'Kearney is the forgotten man in all of this'. Kearney won't play this week, unlikely for next week

Expand

2. New_Image_normal.JPGSinéad Kissane ‏@sineadkissane 1h
      Joe Schmidt has hit out big time at decision not to cite O'Connell for incident with Kearney. 'Definitely should have been cited'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Gotta respect Joe for that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

chancer12 wrote: »

Luke had his surgery about 3 weeks ago afaik, he's on crutches ATM.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

wouldn't expect him to.

given his next job, i would have thought he'd bite his tongue on this

Cant see him taking the job now.

Its tumbling towards Kiss and or McKenzie from those remarks imo.

Who knows. He wont be a Yes man if hired as Ireland Coach or will be very vocal about his issues if not to his satisfaction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

The future isn't set in stone, Joe isn't going to hold back just because it might upset someone. Especially over something so obviously dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Seriously how many warnings do people need in relation to the POC incident

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

ssaye wrote: »
    Cant see him taking the job now.

For all the myriad of reasons that Schmidt may or may not take the job, him being angry that POC wasn't cited won't be one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Marking the IRFU's cards perhaps. He's a year to go at Leinster and it always seemed likely he'd return to the SH. He has nothing really to lose by "being his own man" and saying what he sees as important. He wants the job with as much power as he can take it with it presumably, and rightly so.

• Advertisement

Podge_irl wrote: »
    For all the myriad of reasons that Schmidt may or may not take the job, him being angry that POC wasn't cited won't be one of them.

There is a myriad of reasons, this is just another issue I feel he has with the IRFU

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement