Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

we havent been playing well enough lately to suggest we will win either trophy.

Funnily enough I'm far mire confident of winning the Amlin.

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Tell you what, don't think for a second we are all square. :D

We might have beaten you home and away this season in the Rabo, but we still owe you one hell of a pasting for Twickenham last year and making it 4 in a row for you would be a step in the right direction. :P ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

awec wrote: »
    Tell you what, don't think for a second we are all square. :D

We might have beaten you home and away this season in the Rabo, but we still owe you one hell of a pasting for Twickenham last year and making it 4 in a row for you would be a step in the right direction. :P ;)

3 in a row? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »
    3 in a row? ;)

I think he was referring to CL finals. :(

3 in a row? ;)
    molloyjh wrote: »
    I think he was referring to CL finals. :(

I am indeed! :P

• Advertisement

Ow... ah... my feelings... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

IF Ulster and Leinster make it to the final I would really like to see them do it in the Aviva. If they just sold the vast majority of the tickets for 20 a pop surely they would just about sell it out.

Teferi wrote: »
    IF Ulster and Leinster make it to the final I would really like to see them do it in the Aviva. If they just sold the vast majority of the tickets for 20 a pop surely they would just about sell it out.

I think it's more the logistics at issue, it'd be 2 weeks to organise it...

Having said that I have no idea what's involved in ticketing an event in the Aviva, so I could be talking out me arse here...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

awec wrote: »
    I am indeed! :P

And here was me thinking you were a nice guy. :(
    Teferi wrote: »

It would also be a great event for the league itself, having the final in a national (modern) stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Someone said during the Eddie o Sullivan era, that a good team, is a team who play poorly and still win. Leinster have played poorly this season. I don't mean they've been boring an unattractive. But I mean they've been poor, and I still think we were only a whisker away from getting on a plane to clermont second year running.

• Advertisement

I think it's more the logistics at issue, it'd be 2 weeks to organise it...

Having said that I have no idea what's involved in ticketing an event in the Aviva, so I could be talking out me arse here...

They can't sell tickets for the final until the finalists are known right?

So can't a plan be put in place whereby if Ulster and Leinster progress tickets go on sale for the Aviva, otherwise if it's only one of the two it's the RDS?
    molloyjh wrote: »
    And here was me thinking you were a nice guy. :(

It would also be a great event for the league itself, having the final in a national (modern) stadium.

That's only cause you've never met me :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

errlloyd wrote: »
    Someone said during the Eddie o Sullivan era, that a good team, is a team who play poorly and still win. Leinster have played poorly this season. I don't mean they've been boring an unattractive. But I mean they've been poor, and I still think we were only a whisker away from getting on a plane to clermont second year running.

They've already been this season. :confused:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

They've already been this season. :confused:

:pac:

You are correct!! I'd say Leo is on first name basis with the mayor at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Larbre34 wrote: »
    This figure makes him the highest paid Irish rugby player, usurping the €450,000 that Leinster and Ireland No 8 Jamie Heaslip lodges into his bank account per annum.

Highly doubt that this is tax free.

Indo is mud

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Larbre34 wrote: »

Heh, like how the video, from RTE2 has a Rugbydump overlay. Can they not use their own clips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

How is Jamie Healip the highest player in the country? :eek:

because he hasn't missed an international game since he started for Ireland basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

by getting paid more than anyone else. . .
    ba dum tschhhhhhhh.

Timing. I dont think the renewal rate for anyone will / can go there much.
    I mean, I think Heaslip is a fantastic player, who would/could make more in France, but he seeme'd to get a deal beyond where a backrow central contract should go given competition for places on the Irish team, let alone Leinster. *and as pointed out, he has kept that place, but I still wouldnt see his next contract matching or breaching this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Lack of depth at 8 and a very good injury/disciplinary record coupled with great fitness basically.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

Tox56 wrote: »
    Lack of depth at 8 and a very good injury/disciplinary record coupled with great fitness basically.

Not to mention being an excellent player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Not to mention being an excellent player

When the contract was signed, most likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

People forget that Heaslip used to regularly get MOTM for Leinster games earlier in his career

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Still is.

if he isn't excellent, he is still very good and far better than any alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Heaslip was getting lots of stick from his detractors in 2011 when he signed his contract. He was getting stick from his detractors in 2005 when he burst on the scene. He'll be getting stick from them in 2016 when he's winding down.

I wish every player was as bad as him.

I think 450k is incorrect though, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

if he isn't excellent, he is still very good and far better than any alternative.

I don't think Heaslip has been far better than Coughlan this year, but his age is the defining factor there

• Advertisement

trouttrout wrote: »
    I don't think Heaslip has been far better than Coughlan this year, but his age is the defining factor there

Heaslip has been better by a distance, maybe not more than previous seasons but still a significantly better player.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement