Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

swoody wrote: »
    eagle on the 5th and birdie at the 6th for Páidí

yep an incredible start. c'mon harro

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AloKildare

What a start this morning, eagle-birdie, T2 now. Can he win and silent all his doubters, including me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

His playing partner is having an eventful few holes.
    Sh**k, topped shot, duffed flop and his ball is now stuck in a tree.

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    His playing partner is having an eventful few holes.
    Sh**k, topped shot, duffed flop and his ball is now stuck in a tree.

As long as he's using up all the bad shots in the group :D

In all seriousness this is harros best chance to win a tour event in 5 years. so far he looks good. looked like he hit a good drive up the 10th too. if he can knick a birdie there it's really game on!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

aphibarnrat needs to start getting bogeys on the back 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

You can't rely on wishing bogies. Harrington needs to make some birdies.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

Really starting to struggle now to stay awake for this one..

He's in with a great chance though..

swoody wrote: »
    aphibarnrat needs to start getting bogeys on the back 9

Maybe but since the coverage started he has looked the most comfortable. Schwartzel looks out of sorts at the minute which Is good news for pod. disappointing par at 10 though but a great approach to 11 as I type.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

Some belly there on Aphibarnrat to be hauling around in that heat..

Some belly there on Aphibarnrat to be hauling around in that heat..

Aphi or pod?

• Advertisement

Good night Irene.

wow. what a disaster start to the back 9 and now that 3 putt from 12 feet. that's that. I'm going to bed. Awful.

wow. what a disaster start to the back 9 and now that 3 putt from 12 feet. that's that. I'm going to bed. Awful.

So frustrating to watch, 3 bogies in a row. :mad:

Hard to watch. Judging by this collapse we may never get to see the great man win again. The swing was really in tune, looked extremely comfortable but when it turned into his tournament to win he capitulated completely.

I agree totally. Before this week I felt he might never win again and after this week my feelings remain the same.
    When he had the chances on 10, 11 and 13 for birdies, (all in the range of 10 to 15 feet) his putting was atrocious, too tentative, the yips come to mind.
    He seemed to lack the know how to take his chance when in contention.

The doubters will still be doubting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Very hard to watch a player who really relished a challenge falling away like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Christ he got to -12 but now has had three bogeys in a row to drop back to T7.

World ranking points gone a begging, hopefully he can pull something back on the par 5 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

I suppose it's a good sign that he was right in the mix on the back 9

Still very frustrating he couldn't get it done though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

By comparison Tiger was 20 of 21 putts from inside 20 feet yesterday...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

"Form is temporary class is permanent" I reckon there's another British open in him in the next 5 years, this thread is similar to prior to his major victories when most doubted his ability to win a big one, on a seperate note is it a coincident that tigers form has returned as he starts a new relationship with a blonde! Not suggesting Harry goes down that route!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭Speak Now

slave1 wrote: »
    By comparison Tiger was 20 of 21 putts from inside 20 feet yesterday...
    18 holed putts would be enough for anyone else ;-)

PRAF wrote: »
    I suppose it's a good sign that he was right in the mix on the back 9

Still very frustrating he couldn't get it done though.

Getting right in the mix and capitulating like that again to me is a bad sign. he's not gona have many more chances in his career as he gets older and the more this happens the harder it gets.

The 13th hole was a perfect example of bottling it. 12 footer for birdie to regain the lead, never on line goes two feet past and for anyone who watched it live you could see he was going to miss the one back.

This was after a missed opportunity on 10 and a short putt for bird on 11. The bogey on 12 was a tough hole and nearly every1 bogeyed it. It didn't have much significance but 13 was the killer.

the body language went and of course my cheeky e/w double on paddy and rickie was ruined because of this. :( tied 6 finish means very little ranking points too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,808 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I acknowledge that with his age it is more and more difficult. He is showing signs of that. But, he had a 31 on front nine on last day. He was in the mix. If he can do that a few times , he will have a day when he has a good back nine and win. He seems to force it a bit, to win. But that is Padraig, he would rather try win than a comfortable 4th or 5th.

Anyway scoring average best it has been in 5 years. So keep it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

"Form is temporary class is permanent"

If true, then it doesnt suggest there is any great likelyhood of another major from Harrington : winning 3 majors out of six was a super achievement - but winning 3 out of 6 in 20 years as a pro golfer suggests they were won through form rather than class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Almaviva wrote: »
    If true, then it doesnt suggest there is any great likelyhood of another major from Harrington : winning 3 majors out of six was a super achievement - but winning 3 out of 6 in 20 years as a pro golfer suggests they were won through form rather than class.

but most golfers win none in 20 years of golf, or maybe 1. what about goosen for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,808 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

who_ru wrote: »
    but most golfers win none in 20 years of golf, or maybe 1. what about goosen for example?

But the example you pick is similar, Goosen - is a very similar story to Padraig. He had a career peak and won all around - 2 majors almost a Masters. The Peak that Goosen had was even higher than Padraig's - he was winning all over the world and won both Money lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Small rise back up to 52 in WGR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Just a nice stat, last season Harry had 6 top 10's worldwide and this year already he has had 3 top 10's and we haven't even had our first major yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Mon Ireland!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Daithio12

ssbob wrote: »
    Just a nice stat, last season Harry had 6 top 10's worldwide and this year already he has had 3 top 10's and we haven't even had our first major yet!
    Yea that's a nice stat if your lifetime ambition is top 10's, the reality though is a player of Paddys ability and experience should be turning half of those into wins, but he isn't and there in lies the problem, his conversion rate is brutal, and bar a purple patch he hit 5/6 years ago, he hasnt won anywhere near what he should have, so he'll continue to frustrate the fans who want/hope he'll win when in position, it's the nature of the beast.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement