Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,523 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Ever since Dazza somehow won the open, its given renewed hope to all washed up ex-champs.

Yes like Ernie Els!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

PH has Paddy Power running scared for the Masters, Yesterday 66/1 today 50/1!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I've just finished reading 'Inside Padraig Harrington's Head - Obsessed' by Paul Keane which was a really interesting read. Details many of the changes Padraig has worked through over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

I've just finished reading 'Inside Padraig Harrington's Head - Obsessed' by Paul Keane which was a really interesting read. Details many of the changes Padraig has worked through over the years.

I would say it is just the first volume you have read... he is working on the other changes at the mo!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I would say it is just the first volume you have read... he is working on the other changes at the mo!

You might be right :-) even though it's fairly recent there was no mention of the glasses or brain balancing caps!

All joking aside, obviously what he does makes sense to him and thats whats important. We all have to do it our own way.

• Advertisement

Poor start today which is no shock considering his showings season to date. The short game of yesterdays first 17 holes seems to a mile off.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

Its depressingly predictable unfortunately. Hope his luck changes after the turn.

Could miss the cut from here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

I was thinking last night about a cheeky each way bet on Paddy for the Masters after yesterdays round however now I see he's +3 after 12 holes for todays round, reckon i'll keep that fiver in my pocket.

My all time favourite player but my god does he break your heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

He just sent his eagle putt off the green.

I'm convinced he is going this on purpose just to give the two fingers to boardsies when he wins a major this year ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AloKildare

There's that tentative putting again! :mad:

I should comment more often on his putting, he just holed a 10ft putt for birdie! Back to -2, still in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Is there anywhere continuing coverage?

browner85 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere continuing coverage?

No, just follow shot tracker:

http://www.pgatour.com/shottracker.html#/current/r000/2/player/20766/

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Cool never came across that before . Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Looks like he finished at -3 for the day.

Yea he holed a good 17ft putt for birdie on the last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Hoping for a strong final round, maybe a top 5 for Paddy. Good boost going into the Masters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Missed two very getable birdie putts on 8 & 9. Not great, he really needs to push on, does not in anyway look comfortable over his putter

Come on Paddy...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

PH -6 ...........currently +1 for par 5s for the week
    Laird -12........currently -9 for par 5's

Shocking by Padraig hope he does better here next week but he seems to haven't e 6's and worse than most

• Advertisement

soundsham wrote: »

Shocking by Padraig hope he does better here next week but he seems to haven't e 6's and worse than most

I think he's -1 for the par 5's playing the last Soundsham but it doesn't change your point. The par 5's almost decide it at Augusta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Solid performance this week. Another top 10. Great to see Rory playing well again too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

PH has Paddy Power running scared for the Masters, Yesterday 66/1 today 50/1!!

You do know that betting odds are mostly a function of how many people are backing and not much else?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Still folks very critical of Harrington on one of the toughest non-major course on the PGA tour.
    To put some perspective he's won €118k and $439k so far this year, has to be the guts of either €455k or $592k depending on whether you prefer € or $.
    And a lot of big bucks competitions to come...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Still folks very critical of Harrington on one of the toughest non-major course on the PGA tour.
    To put some perspective he's won €118k and $439k so far this year, has to be the guts of either €455k or $592k depending on whether you prefer € or $.
    And a lot of big bucks competitions to come...

Yep, lets hope he can put on another solid display this week. I don't think he can win it though. I think it'll be between Tiger, Phil and Louis this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭newport2

soundsham wrote: »

Par 5's seem to be his nemesis at times over the last few years. For someone who's a long hitter and great scrambler, he seems to screw up on them a lot.
    When Zach Johnson won the Masters in 2007, if Harrington had just parred the par 5 15th each day he would have won by a shot. He went 8, 4, 7 & 6. Five over par for the 4 days and lost by 4 shots.

Still, considering he didn't putt well this week in Texas, he did really well. If he can find something on the greens he could do well at Augusta this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

^ I wonder does he just need to stop going for them in 2?
    He seems to make a balls of it and cost himself pars in the search for eagles....its not like he is likely to hole an eagle putt anyway these days! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

GreeBo wrote: »
    He seems to make a balls of it and cost himself pars in the search for eagles....its not like he is likely to hole an eagle putt anyway these days! :(

Exactly as he seems to find allot of water/hazards which leads to the conclusion he needs to take a look at how he approaches par 5's and rather than looking for the eagle take the old Tom Kite way and play short and walk away with 4's...

GreeBo wrote: »

Agreed. While PH is a reasonably long hitter, I suspect he goes full throttle anytime he gets near a par 5 or drivable par 4. As a result, he loses a lot of control and ends up getting himself into trouble. He'd be better off playing a little more conservatively and relying on his wedge game to pick up a birdie (as he did on the 18th yesterday) rather than by reaching the green in two.

Guys like Woods, McIlroy, Phil, etc. seem to have a lot more power in reserve than Paddy. When they go for a par 5, it is a lot more measured and it yields them better results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Picture of him on twitter just there trying out 4 different drivers...:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement