Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭abff

Daithio12 wrote: »
    Well if you can't find humour and laugh at the situation.....you might just end up like him.

Why is it that every time someone tries to defend Padraig, they end up being accused of having no sense of humour, or being blind to his faults, or living in cloud cuckoo land?

I'm a huge fan of PH and he has achieved more than any other Irish golfer and has done so while remaining all all times a great ambassador for the sport and for Ireland in general. I agree that he seems to be tying himself up in knots at present and some of the stuff he's done recently seems bonkers.

But I find it distasteful to see the apparent glee with which some people are rushing to write him off and criticise him. What did he ever do to deserve such vitriol?

I'm still hopeful that he will get through whatever brain freeze seems to be afflicting him at present and that he will be back challenging for and winning tournaments, maybe even a major or two. Does that make me deluded? I prefer to think of it as optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

He needs another round under par today. Can't see another 4 round tourney coming up shortly, however.

For anyone keeping track of the current WGC tournament, don't forget that the States went onto Summer time last night, so they're only 4 hours behind us at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Super start for the great man today, -2 thru 2:eek:, keep it up Pod, ya mad ting ye!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Harro -3 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Yep, 11 footer for birdie on 7 and then 2 par 5's in the next 3 holes, might shoot real low and move way inside top 20, but then again it is Padraig so a feck up has to happen somewhere:mad:, but you never know!:P

Paddy will contend at some stage this year I've no doubt about it.

I hate to see him getting slated.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Stella89

The amount of people saying his career was "finished" after one bad round was funny:p

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AloKildare

Stella89 wrote: »
    The amount of people saying his career was "finished" after one bad round was funny:p

It wasn't "after one bad round" it was after the way he has gone backwards from the promising start he had to the season. He is -4 thru 10 holes of the final round of the Cadillac Championship and suddenly he is being talked about as if he is contending or looking like he is going to win which IMO is a bit over the top!!

Padraig is my favourite golfer of all time and I hate to see him playing bad. I hope he can get back to the form that he showed during the 07/08 period.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Playing superb golf today tee to green. Rolled in a few good putts too. 4 more birdies would be nice, might get a totally unexpected top 20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

abff wrote: »

Why is it that every time someone tries to defend Padraig, they end up being accused of having no sense of humour, or being blind to his faults, or living in cloud cuckoo land?

I'm a huge fan of PH and he has achieved more than any other Irish golfer and has done so while remaining all all times a great ambassador for the sport and for Ireland in general. I agree that he seems to be tying himself up in knots at present and some of the stuff he's done recently seems bonkers.

But I find it distasteful to see the apparent glee with which some people are rushing to write him off and criticise him. What did he ever do to deserve such vitriol?.
    Ah no need for that comment. Nobody here hates the guy. I think it's just a general frustration with all the tinkering that he is doing.
    We just wish he'd get back to focusing on the fundamentals of his game instead of chasing these seemingly innocuous angles.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Playing superb golf today tee to green. Rolled in a few good putts too. 4 more birdies would be nice, might get a totally unexpected top 20.

And now he has given back those four shots - back to level par - what a disappointment.

vienne86 wrote: »
    And now he has given back those four shots - back to level par - what a disappointment.

For us definitely, but much more so for him.

Aidric wrote: »
    Ah no need for that comment. Nobody here hates the guy. I think it's just a general frustration with all the tinkering that he is doing.
    We just wish he'd get back to focusing on the fundamentals of his game instead of chasing these seemingly innocuous angles.

Fair point Aidric. And I agree that most people who post here are fans who are just venting their frustration. But there are a number of people who seem to have it in for Padraig, and they are the people I just can't understand.

He wasnt wearing the glasses on saturday or sunday I noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

He wasnt wearing the glasses on saturday or sunday I noticed.

Are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Dropped a few places in the world rankings after a few weeks of indifferent / poor form. At least he steadied the ship a little bit on Friday and Saturday (and most of Sunday). Lets hope it is the end of his mini-slump

Are you sure?

I just seen two clips of him on the pga tour website one was him holing a birdie putt on 17 on Saturday and he didn't appear to be wearing them. the other was his approach to 18 yesterday.

I just seen two clips of him on the pga tour website one was him holing a birdie putt on 17 on Saturday and he didn't appear to be wearing them. the other was his approach to 18 yesterday.

I saw a quote from him saying he was delighted with the way he played the weekend and that the glasses were here to stay!

Could all change come Thailand next Thursday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

I saw a quote from him saying he was delighted with the way he played the weekend and that the glasses were here to stay!

He could be wearing Google virtual reality glasses by then! He does love his gadgets and gizmos.

• Advertisement

He is an absolute legend :)

if you go onto the wgc Cadillac championship leaderboard page there is a little video icon beside his name. click that and watch the video. looks like he has them off.

People were commenting a few weeks back about your appearance and clothing can influence your game on the course. the glasses certainly don't make him look very intimidating. would he not just go for Edgar Davids style shades?

if you go onto the wgc Cadillac championship leaderboard page there is a little video icon beside his name. click that and watch the video. looks like he has them off.

People were commenting a few weeks back about your appearance and clothing can influence your game on the course. the glasses certainly don't make him look very intimidating. would he not just go for Edgar Davids style shades?

And a Peter Cech head guard to block out the negative vibes.

-6 after 11 in Thailand open.

Bit of a birdie fest, 5 players in clubhouse on -7. McGinley shot -2.

Couldnt get around without a disaster, double bogey on par 3 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

Where are you getting your scores from? Japan tour website must be slow.

shaneon77 wrote: »

It's the one asia tour.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

PH shot at 67 in the end of round 1, 64 is winning.

shaneon77 wrote: »

Easiest way to access the scores is via the following link from Padraig's website http://www.oneasia.asia/index.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Looked through the field there. Recognized 6 players.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement