Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

has anyone bought any lee cooper clothing ? specifically shirts or tshirts. are they large fitting i.e. is XL more akin to XXL etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Just got another order on Friday of ~€65 and still no mug, dammit!! I'm thinking it must be because I've always had shoes in my orders or something, and they'll only ship the mug with clothes to prevent breakages.

On sizing, can anyone advise what Tapout sizes are like (are they on the small or large side compared to other brands)? I was going to get a hoody but was put off because a review said their sizes were on the small side. However I think someone here said they were actually on the generous/large side.

I got a couple of hoodies, one Hardcore one which is tight and a No Fear one which is a perfect fit (both XXL). Go figure. Hope that helps someone, overall I've found the sizing to be about right for me apart from that Hardcore hoody.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,815 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

blastman wrote: »

On sizing, can anyone advise what Tapout sizes are like (are they on the small or large side compared to other brands)? I was going to get a hoody but was put off because a review said their sizes were on the small side. However I think someone here said they were actually on the generous/large side.

Only have two large tapout tees which are a big large
    fits me fine but theres plenty of room
    i'd say around 44inches around the chest would be about right

Yeah the Tapout larges are pretty big. They seem designed for people in decent shape, like I'm too fat for a large but they're nicely snug on the shoulders for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

blastman wrote: »
    Just got another order on Friday of ~€65 and still no mug, dammit!! I'm thinking it must be because I've always had shoes in my orders or something, and they'll only ship the mug with clothes to prevent breakages.

I got a couple of hoodies, one Hardcore one which is tight and a No Fear one which is a perfect fit (both XXL). Go figure. Hope that helps someone, overall I've found the sizing to be about right for me apart from that Hardcore hoody.

I ordered a pair od Adidas Samba trainers and I got a mug, but the handle did break off in transit so it got binned. They just must not like you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I didn't get a mug , I got a shopping bag.

Anyone else get a bag ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr. Wong

Karen23 wrote: »

Anyone else get a bag ?
    Yeah, she's sitting here beside me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

I've a mug that someone is welcome to. It's just sitting in the office gathering dust.
    Have to collect in Cork though.

Anyone else get a bag ?
    Mr. Wong wrote: »
    Yeah, she's sitting here beside me. :D

No , not that one. That's the Wong bag ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Anyone else beginning to wish that sports direct would put the postage back up again? Three orders so far and everytime this thread pops up, I'm back "for a look" at that f€ckin website again! Excellent deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

123654789 wrote: »
    Anyone else beginning to wish that sports direct would put the postage back up again? Three orders so far and everytime this thread pops up, I'm back "for a look" at that f€ckin website again! Excellent deals.

No, while I feel where you're coming from, I love bargains...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Thats there idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Anyone else get a bag ?

Yep, first order was the mug, second was the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ben36

It's not the postage its the £ equals € that has me hooked.3 weeks and €500 later i'm still shopping like an auld one.I've presents bought for my kids 10th birthday and she's only 7.Nerf Inline Skates for €3,sure they're giving them away for that price:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I went on to their site just to buy a couple of tops for the gym and ended up spending €160 but that was still less than half what I'd have paid here. With the one euro shipping, it's a no brainer. To those who think its too good to be true, this is the one instance where it is a genuine bargain site.

Oh, and I got one of their mini jacuzzis that some call mugs! Flipping huge, almost holds half a litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

site down for maintenance now when I try it. is this the last of the good deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

great value , huge mug:D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

SimmerDean wrote: »
    site down for maintenance now when I try it. is this the last of the good deals?

Please nooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :eek::(

- although my credit card says "yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesss" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

Think that's that over with!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

just checked there up and running again, and prices are same 1euro-1sterling , happy days for another while , and €1 delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

phew!!! for a minute there I thought I was going save some money!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Excellent haha, have been hoping it holds out til payday this week and thought that was gonna be it gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ali1971

Thanks for the link to this website. I purchased about £35 worth at the weekend, only realising today that it would have been the same price in euros!!! Do you think I have any comeback with them if I email/phone. Don't really like complaining as I got such good bargains!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

ali1971 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link to this website. I purchased about £35 worth at the weekend, only realising today that it would have been the same price in euros!!! Do you think I have any comeback with them if I email/phone. Don't really like complaining as I got such good bargains!!

None whatsoever. Dont even waste your time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

ali1971 wrote: »

And don't highlight this to them just incase they change it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ali1971

Don't worry, I won't!!! ;) Will order more stuff now in euros!!!

If they change it all blame will be placed on you :pac: And you will be ran outta boards.ie with pick axes :pac:

Site is still down

Site is still down

Might just be your web browser Karen, it loads fine for me. Maybe close your webpages, reload sportsdirect.com first and try?

Appeared to work for another poster yesterday..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Site is still down

+1, since this afternoon

Advertisement