Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm so close to being 20 years at Waterford United but now it is being taken over and I could be sacked! :eek:

I've won 16 IPD's in a row. There's something fundamentally wrong with the game if I get sacked!!

And now the club has a transfer embargo in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm so close to being 20 years at Waterford United but now it is being taken over and I could be sacked! :eek:

I've won 16 IPD's in a row. There's something fundamentally wrong with the game if I get sacked!!

And now the club has a transfer embargo in place.

I've only seen people get sacked if they are under performing. Assuming you are near the top, you should be fine.

267909_10152558373180307_1829113453_n.jpg

Don't sack me please! I could do SO much with all of that money!!

I'm keeping my job!

*does dance*

Chelsea are playing at Terry Park under Pep Guardiola!

• Advertisement

Big post ahead, you've been warned! :pac:

Mpumalanga Black Aces
    South African Premier Division

24bsv9t.jpg
    2012/13

Media Prediction of 15th out of 16 which is relegation play offs. I'm confidant enough to finish mid table at least, hopefully higher. Wage budget is pretty much the exact same as last season. Even picking a title challenge wouldn’t have changed it. A massive transfer budget of £1,500 also. Pretty much useless so. Finances are still in a pretty bad way.

9uc3sx.jpg

Cant get any more loans due to them wanting a fee which I cant afford. No transfer funds means I’ll have to make do with what I have. A plus is a couple of my youth players have good potential ratings. Hopefully they are right and not just down to having crap staff thinking they are better than they actually are.

24606ma.jpg

As you can see, pre-season was much smaller but just as successful. The highlight being the easy victory in the final game against last season's runner up in the Premier Division. But pre-season means nothing, especially when the main season opens against the defending champions! Before that however, we have the little issue of a Knockout Cup to deal with.

1y1xr9.jpg

Well that was easy. Obviously Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates weren’t fussed about it as they didn’t bother much in the matches. Their loss is my gain as that’s four trophies already in the trophy case!

2ptp277.jpg

Very strong performances overall, but a bad run in January and February against three of the top five sides ended any hopes I had of a title challenge. Kaizer Chiefs are amazingly strong when they need to be and it showed as they wrapped up the league with three games to spare. Put out reserves from then on to make it look closer than it was.

2mct84n.jpg

Only the Champions get into the Champions League so that’s the Kaizer Chiefs again. The Confederations Cup spot meanwhile goes to the winners of the South African Cup, unless they are Champions in which case second place gets it. I didn’t get second place so needed to win the cup to ensure I’m in it again next season.

33ys45x.jpg

………. never mind. No continental football for me next season. At least not after I get eliminated from this season’s Confederations Cup. I hate competitions that run across two seasons but I’m not going to complain about the results.

16hriup.jpg

So far so good, I believe that leaves 16 teams. First two rounds were easily done, the last round was a tough one so hopefully that’s not my level reached, and I just got a bad draw that round. Could really do with a cup run to help the finances.

2n8x9xj.jpg

Had a spell around December and January were I was making a tiny profit, but it didn’t last very long as I’ve plummeted back into the red which will likely mean very little funds for season three.

9rn0j6.jpg

No surprises in the goal scoring charts as my now 32 year old strike partners ripped it up again. Two good youth players acting as their understudies but I’m praying they maintain this level for another while. I cant afford to buy anyone and their understudies aren’t ready to be first choice.

Career History:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Season   | Team            | Country        | Achievements                                                       
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 2011/12  | MP Black Aces   | South Africa   | SA Cup, SA First Division, First Division Cup             
    | 2012/13  | MP Black Aces   | South Africa   | SA Knockout Cup 

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Chelsea are playing at Terry Park under Pep Guardiola!

Chelsea Stadium and Steven Pienaar in mine :) What year you on now?

and for you MB: United have an Iranian manager, not well known during his playing days, but hired as a coach at Utd and got promoted to manager after two years. Been manager since 2016 (2029 now) and they still play in OT

Mc Love wrote: »
    Chelsea Stadium and Steven Pienaar in mine :) What year you on now?

and for you MB: United have an Iranian manager, not well known during his playing days, but hired as a coach at Utd and got promoted to manager after two years. Been manager since 2016 (2029 now) and they still play in OT

I'm in 2031 now!

Aw I'm glad United have kept their values! :)

I couldn't afford to pay the €100,000 a week my defender wanted so I had to sell him for only €200,000 more than he is worth which is 3.1 million. He signs for Tottenham and takes a feckin' wage cut. With the 15% of the profit going to his former club and 10% to himself, I get **** all from it.

Bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

bet you are following him now hoping for a career ending injury!

• Advertisement

My top goalscorer for the past two seasons is out of contract in the summer and I cant afford his demands. I can only offer £1,000 per week, he wants £1,900 and walks away when I offer anything less :(

Got an offer of £150,000 for him. Rejected and changed his asking price to £200,000. If someone offers that I'll have to let him go in January.

EDIT: Found an ideal replacement, seven years younger and pretty much the same level, if not better. Free agent but he wants £2,100 a week. Will accept £1,000 but wants huge appearances fee's etc that I still cant afford. Got him on trial, came off the bench and scored :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,101 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

decided to have a spinoff save in asia...

started unemployed, got a job halfway through the season at gangneung city in south korea.
    only only one team is promoted out of 14, top 6 go to playoffs. finished second in the league in my first full season, and in the complicated playoff system i made it to the final. My main striker has been dump for a month, so started my north korean backup journeyman who has 4 goals all season. Proceeds to score all 5 in a first leg 5-2 victory! I win the second 3-0 against the team who finished first and I go up 8-2 on aggregate!

Need some major reinforcements though...playing in the top league and im still semi professional, highest wage is 140 a week, and im 250000 in debt....gonna be tough!

hah! ive been given almost 700000 in tv money & league participation fees!

Goodbye debt!

Vidic is the Motherwell manager now!

I'm through to the quarter finals of the EL and lost the first leg 1-0 to Galatasaray

Don't let anyone tell you that yelling abuse at the screen doesnt work, it does!

2507ywp.jpg

I was going mental after half an hour, and it seems to have done the trick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Don't let anyone tell you that yelling abuse at the screen doesnt work, it does!

2507ywp.jpg

I was going mental after half an hour, and it seems to have done the trick :D

Must have been some rollercoaster of emotions to go from 4-0 down to 7-5 up. I go mad if I come back from 2-0 down. You must have been dancing around the room.:D

Chavways wrote: »
    Must have been some rollercoaster of emotions to go from 4-0 down to 7-5 up. I go mad if I come back from 2-0 down. You must have been dancing around the room.:D

I was cursing their unborn grandchildren! After the fourth went in I verbally resigned with a lot of f-bombs in there too :pac:

Coming back from 4-0 down seriously felt better than winning the Champions League in my previous save.

Not doing as well as I thought I would do in the Premiership, last two seasons, I have finished 6th, 7th - its a lot harder. I am thinking change in tactics might be a good idea. The only thing is I do have a lot of youngsters 20-23/24 in my team.

Another big one :D
    Mpumalanga Black Aces
    South African Premier Division

24bsv9t.jpg
    2013/14

As seen previously, the finances were in a bad way before the start of the season. As such, I didn’t have many options in the transfer market. I had to shift players to cut the wage budget and also make do with free transfers.

29ne3bm.jpg
    23rvoza.jpg

A lot of players out, but most wont be missed. McCarthy, Tipa and Musasa Muamba all announced they would be retiring at the end of the season. McCarthy had fallen to fifth choice but the other two still got plenty of games. As the season progressed my youth team came to the rescue and provided me with a ready made replacement for both Tipa and Musasa Muamba. He can cover both DM and RB so that saves me the headache of having to try find someone next summer.

You may notice one odd exit in the form of Shongwe. My top scorer for the last two seasons but in the last year of his contract. He wanted more than double what I could afford so I had to ship him out in January. Mhkwanazi made it an easy choice as he was in great form in his debut season. Liau came in to defence and was a big reason McCarthy decided to retire as Liau made himself first choice almost instantly.

2zqbyfk.jpg

Pre-season was short enough as it was more about the Confederations Cup qualifying that resumed at the same time.

izqog5.jpg

Much like the Knockout Cup last year, the big teams don’t seem too fussed about this one. I, on the other hand, will gladly take it, and any other trophies on offer!

2duxmj4.jpg

Like that!

14voccp.jpg

Last year was a fluke. Normal service has hopefully been resumed. Not as comfortable as it looked, but that’s the treble and we have more trophies to talk about!

34hfd53.jpg

Improved again on last seasons form but still a lot of work to be done. Great going forward but I’m still far from happy with the defence. The tactics I deploy make for a lot of attacking football, often at the expense of defensive duties, but we shouldn’t be conceding that many.

2h6y9z5.jpg

Don’t know what happened to the Kaizer Chiefs. Defending champions and they spent more than everyone else in the league combined during the summer. Their loss was almost my gain. Three points may look agonizingly close but at one stage it was 17 points. We were never going to win it and it’s a miracle we even came so close. Would have been the luckiest title ever if we had nicked it at the end.

Finishing second and winning the South African Cup guaranteed Confederations Cup football again in the future. It’s done across two seasons so it’s not next season, but the second half of next season. Speaking of which….

ra1elh.jpg

Hell, I guess I’m in the Confederations Cup again next season after all! Champions get to defend so the upset winners get to sneak back in for another shot after Christmas.

in7k9g.jpg

I hate this layout, but we’re still going strong in our defence of the Cup. Qualifying Rounds are easy. So much so that I played my reserves in the first round second leg and still won. Doesn’t get difficult until the group stages.

fxtjep.jpg

Cant win them all and really highlights the difference between the Confederations Cup and the Champions League. I can do well in the Confederations Cup, but clearly the Champions League will be a whole lot tougher.

kafb7b.jpg

And we’re in the clear! All those cup runs no doubt played a major role and hopefully I’ll see some of that cash during the summer so I can mount a proper title challenge.

517fqh.jpg

Myron who? Hardly missed him. Bad news is that Ndovlu had a fairly poor season due to injury. At 33 I think this could be the end of him. More bad news is that Makhanya is only on loan. Hopefully I can get him permanently. If not, hopefully Fanteni can step up. He was signed mid season but had already played for two clubs. He’s rated as my top striker so hopefully he will be there this time next year.

http://i54.tinypic.com/28bruwo.jpg (Image limit reached)

Not a lot to say but decided to stick it in anyway. I wasn’t interested in any so left it to my assistant who signed a few of them. Good potential but I don’t have the facilities needed to develop them fully. I also don’t intend on being here long enough to see them mature. Added Chile, Uruguay and Bolivia to the active leagues. Did Columbia in a previous save and didn’t want to go to Brazil or Argentina. May have to though in order to win the South American Champions League. But, that’s in the future, I have at least two more seasons in South Africa.

Career History:
    | Season   | Team            | Country        | Achievements                                                       
    | 2011/12  | MP Black Aces   | South Africa   | SA Cup, SA First Division, First Division Cup             
    | 2012/13  | MP Black Aces   | South Africa   | SA Knockout Cup 
    | 2013/14  | MP Black Aces   | South Africa   | SA Knockout Cup, SA Cup, SA Super 8 Cup, African Confederations Cup 

jaysus.

ill read it at the weekend when ive a few hours to spare...

• Advertisement

So my third season in the Premiership has followed on from the last two seasons. 1st season finished 6th, 2nd season finished 7th, 3rd (this) season finished 8th and possibly not the best in terms of league, although I did well against the big teams, but as per normal course for rovers, did poor against the bottom teams.

Made the League Cup final again (twice in two years) but ended up losing to championship side Bristol City. Also was knocked out of the FA Cup fifth round on pens to Sunderland.

Won the Europa League beating PSG in the final - which was a great way to end what I would consider a mediocre season.

Was offered the Barca job and turned it down (i know in real life I probably wouldnt have stayed with rovers although plenty of time left in my career) 655 million transfer budget with 5 million wage budget.

Played them in the Super Cup and won 5-0!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Soldiering away on FM009, still.

Holidayed a year and took over a club, Hednesford Town, coming into Blue Square North from tier below. They had 1 player and 4 regens - have signed 11 frees and Romaine Sawyers on loan from West Brom. Currently sit on top of division with 30 points from 13 games. :)

Just beat a team 8-0 but suffered 4 injuries!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

G.K. wrote: »
    Soldiering away on FM009, still.

I can beat that....Championship Manager 01/02!! :P

In my defence, I have the data update etc. from Champman.co.uk so I'm essentially playing with either 11/12 squads or 12/13.

I wouldn't post anything about it here though as I feel it doesn't deserve a place among everyone elses epic FM games, which I am thoroughly enjoying reading by the way! :D :P :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Just installed this on my new laptop. Have not played in months!

What do people do in pen shoot outs? Put your best pen takers first or leave them until the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Mc Love wrote: »
    What do people do in pen shoot outs? Put your best pen takers first or leave them until the end?

Worst one first, next three are the best three, second worst 5th. No idea why but have always done it in FM and Fifa...

Thats interesting! Might try that the next time! recently lost on pens to PSV in the Europa 1st round knockout

• Advertisement

Decided to stay up until this ungodly hour playing FM - was on a roll. Won the treble and finished fourth on the last day of the season. Champions League here we come!

Won the Super Cup, League Cup and FA Cup (first time since 1928 - over 100 years)

I can look back with pride on our season!

City were playing Newcastle and I needed City to lose or draw and not score, with me needing a win and 3 goals to go ahead of them. My match finished one nil to me, however I was watching the latest scores, and city were winning at one stage, then they were 2-2 and checked it just before final whistle and Newcastle had gone 3-2 up.

City sacked their manager and offered me the job, I said no thanks!

Advertisement