Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

kryogen wrote: »
    You bid, they accepted, you offered him a contract he signed?

Remember the illegal approaches? I miss them :)

Neymar for 10m is madness though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Its for an initial 10mil though no? Assumed the total fee was quite higher :)

kryogen wrote: »
    Its for an initial 10mil though no? Assumed the total fee was quite higher :)

An extra 1m for 30 league apps and and extra 1m again for 30 goals minimum.

He's usually going for 60 or 70m, I have no idea what happened here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I just got informed that I will be facing my old club and a club close to my heart Limerick FC in the Champions League 1st Knockout round! Really excited about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

havent been in here in a while...

1Bk2Wuk.png

Just won my 2nd premier league title with liverpool with 7 games remaining in the season. destroyed everyone else in the league, have also won the league cup and in the semis of the fa cup against altrincham (??!)
    Also 3-1 up in the first leg in the champions league quarters against arsenal. Been to the past 2 finals, winning one but losing last year. Is the quadruple on??

Also, have my eye on arsenals invincible records...currently 45 games unbeaten in the league...

LCkomdd.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Where are Man U?

Where are Man U?

Wow just noticed that!

In my game I am in 2036 and United are still very strong, they have an Iranian manager (next fergie) he has been with them for 20 years! He was first hired as coach and then after two years promoted to head man!

Absolutely gutted. 2nd year in a row runners up in Champions League, should have won both games!

Where are Man U?

Go back through this thread and see a couple of my posts...did a hatchet job on them some time in the late 2020's.
    They have just escaped relagation to the BSP on goal difference this year, have been bankrupt at least 3 times and keep having points deducted. Still have 4 players in their squad on over 300,000/week.

retalivity wrote: »
    Go back through this thread and see a couple of my posts...did a hatchet job on them some time in the late 2020's.
    They have just escaped relagation to the BSP on goal difference this year, have been bankrupt at least 3 times and keep having points deducted. Still have 4 players in their squad on over 300,000/week.

haha I remember now! God thats very mean! You must really hate them!

• Advertisement

Boom!

hy9fzDC.png

Also beat arsenal's record of 49 games unbeaten (currently 52 at the end of the season), and set a new highest points & most goals record.

RDGMDDU.png

Drew 2 of my last 3 games against west ham & brighton too so should have been higher.

Where can I go now? Might take on one of the teams promoted to To the Blue Square north/south...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Get the United job and bring them back to the top? Then take them back down again :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Boom!
    Also beat arsenal's record of 49 games unbeaten (currently 52 at the end of the season), and set a new highest points & most goals record.
    Drew 2 of my last 3 games against west ham & brighton too so should have been higher.
    Where can I go now? Might take on one of the teams promoted to To the Blue Square north/south...

Aside from your own achievements, Huddersfield are into the Champions League!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wilberto wrote: »
    Aside from your own achievements, Huddersfield are into the Champions League!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Huddersfield regularly get CL spots in my game in the 2030 decade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Huddersfield regularly get CL spots in my game in the 2030 decade.

Same here actually

They were like my nemesis team - they kept getting promoted around the same year as me and also then were the bogey team for me in the EPL

Its funny to see who the managers turn out to be a few years down the line...Christian Poulsen has been the Arsenal manager for about 5 years now, while Man City hired Ross Barkley at xmas. Aiderweld won the last world cup managing england too!

Also, you have to hand it to Kenny Dalglish, almost 90 in game time but in some newspaper or website every week giving his 2 cents on who i should watch out for in my next game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

England are always winning tournaments in Football Manager. Even when Paul Jewell is in charge! It's very annoying!

England are always winning tournaments in Football Manager. Even when Paul Jewell is in charge! It's very annoying!

Yeah I applied for the job and the FA laughed off the interest - and then went and gave the job to a complete unknown with no previous managerial history!!

Second season with United.

PtX8hGRrxcet14pTeiBgY4AZnJmqW6BtAKAQjh2PT6s?size=1280x960

mAioucGkM3UcpJJ8jP76auxsnnJeqSFl5HMG0waF74U?size=1280x960

CMjhVBB48z48MvrCpeEH-3-lM33yDNOUMBIEfefPVEw?size=1280x960

UDkwK77c9_f8HSuSof5YkqpOiD9-EztpHMTJGYmTuRA?size=1280x960

Mc Love wrote: »
    Yeah I applied for the job and the FA laughed off the interest - and then went and gave the job to a complete unknown with no previous managerial history!!
    That has happened to me at least 3 times now

Very annoying. Considering half of their squad (approx) either play for me or originated from my youth team, you'd think they would give me a shot at the job!

• Advertisement

Max Power1 wrote: »
    That has happened to me at least 3 times now

Very annoying. Considering half of their squad (approx) either play for me or originated from my youth team, you'd think they would give me a shot at the job!

He did manage to win the WC for them though :D

i find that whatever league youre playing in, that country will usually do well internationally.

ireland got to the wc final when i was at finn harps

i find that whatever league youre playing in, that country will usually do well internationally.

I agree, and even more so when you have the database set to "small" it seems.

Wow - that was completely different in my game - Ireland wasnt very successful even though I had improved the league standing and the clubs reputation when at Limerick

At my third club in this save and just signed Raul Torres for the third time.

Attribute wise he isnt great, but he's only 22 (and capped 7 times at senior level for Bolivia) and has done the job for me at my two previous clubs. That coupled with how few defenders I ended up with made him an easy signing. Free transfer too for the third time :D

Added bonus of being a rare combination of CB and Striker, but I very rarely play him up top.

Got offered the Brazil, Mexico and Spain job in the space of 3 days.

Rejected them all. Too hot.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Got offered the Brazil, Mexico and Spain job in the space of 3 days.

Rejected them all. Too hot.

Just after a World Cup?

I got the Spain and Germany offers before, along with a load of other crap counties who offered everytime the job was open.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Just after a World Cup?

I got the Spain and Germany offers before, along with a load of other crap counties who offered everytime the job was open.

Yup! England won it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Not in FM 12, but just in relation to this a little, in my FM13 game I was offered the Man City job over and over again, like at least 25 times over the course of 3 years, I didn't negotiate or anything once, flat out rejected them every time and they kept coming back, at one stage it was a bi weekly thing

• Advertisement

After 13 memorable years I left Blackburn Rovers having made them a worldwide name from the lower echelons of League 1 to the heights of Champions League glory to join the mega rich Barcelona, who were languishing near the relegation zone in 16th place in Nov 2038. They hadnt one a league title in 10 years, a spanish cup title in little under 20 years and Champions league in 8 years but did have some success in the Europa League until I arrived on the scene.

I managed to catch up with Real, Sevilla & Valencia and brush them to the side to claim not only the league title, but also the Spanish Cup along with beating Dortmund in the Champions League final with a team that wasnt mine to begin with, looking forward to next season with a few of my former players joining the squad along with a few more additions.

It really does make a difference having so much money available for transfers/wages.

Advertisement