Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Man 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Motion comics on Netflix make me feel ill

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

syklops wrote: »
    Douchebag?

Not inventing the web is a hell of a lot better than it being an unexplanable and unforeseen side effect of the mutation. Especially, concidering the novelisation of the Raimi movie poked fun at it by pointing out that a spiders web usually comes out of a spiders ass. It stayed true for the most part to the original storyline, having Gwen in it rather than the more modern take of Mary Jane.

Sure, the web being invented is better than secreted out his arms, but come on, he buys it from Oscorp? How is he not immediately arrested by the police, who are looking for a vigilante who use this stuff? There can't be many more teenagers in New York ordering it by the box load.
    "Oh no! You found my weakness: small knives!" thwip-thwip.

Wise cracking, funny, Spidey is back(or is here, since he never got here before). The lizard was a bit meh, but doing the green goblin again would have bored audiences.

That was the one decent quip in the entire movie. Stuff like "Hey I'm swinging here" is just obnoxious.

The Amazing Spiderman was not a good spiderman film, it was a poor Indie romance masquerading as a comic book film, complete with impossibly attractive yet quirky romantic interest (who herself is the real science genius) who inexplicably is interested with her self centred, dickish, stalker. Parker was never a weakly nerd in Amazing Spiderman, like he was supposed to be, he was full of confidence before he even got the spider powers, coming across as a selfish arrogant dickhead in every scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Sure, the web being invented is better than secreted out his arms, but come on, he buys it from Oscorp? How is he not immediately arrested by the police, who are looking for a vigilante who use this stuff? There can't be many more teenagers in New York ordering it by the box load.

That was the one decent quip in the entire movie. Stuff like "Hey I'm swinging here" is just obnoxious.

The Amazing Spiderman was not a good spiderman film, it was a poor Indie romance masquerading as a comic book film, complete with impossibly attractive yet quirky romantic interest (who herself is the real science genius) who inexplicably is interested with her self centred, dickish, stalker. Parker was never a weakly nerd in Amazing Spiderman, like he was supposed to be, he was full of confidence before he even got the spider powers, coming across as a selfish arrogant dickhead in every scene.

That was a Midnight Cowboy reference

I gotta say i pretty much disagree completely with your post

Excited as hell for Iron Man 3 though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,734 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Let's just hope he doesn't find a way to
    squash the suit into his bone marrow

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Overheal wrote: »
    Hammer and Whiplash are both from the comics..

You're half right yes Justin Hammer was in the comics but he was more of Mr Burns milionaire than the smooth talking guy they made him into in the movie, I think a bitter twisted evil old guy would have been alot better than trying to have have someone who was basiclly a poor mans tony,

Now Whiplash (who i was refering to when i said made up) I should have worded it better, Whiplash is an amalgamtion of two Iron Man villains Blacklash(marcus scarlotti) and Antov Vanko the crimson dynamo..They did put Vanko in the whiplash suit after the movie in the comics though

but yeaH there was alot of problems with that movie, Rourke was rightly pissed after it made out they cut out alot of good stuff and i'd trust him not to lie because he's a quality actor

I do have massive hopes with 3 to be a homerun and hopefully for RDJ to sign on for more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Seeing as how we have segued into the amazing spiderman....I think this video sums up my feelings on the movie. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Not inventing the web is a hell of a lot better than it being an unexplanable and unforeseen side effect of the mutation.

In all honesty, if you're going to get Spider-powers as a result of being bitten by a radioactive spider then you might as well get the ability to shoot webbing (an actual spider power) as opposed to say, "spider-sense" (AFAIK there are no spiders with psychic powers).

So hey, Iron Man 3. On revision, IM2 isn't as bad as I thought it was - it's a real 6/10 movie IMO. Hopefully part 3 can be of similar quality to part 1 or indeed the Avengers film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Galvasean wrote: »
    So hey, Iron Man 3. On revision, IM2 isn't as bad as I thought it was - it's a real 6/10 movie IMO. Hopefully part 3 can be of similar quality to part 1 or indeed the Avengers film.

I haven't watched IM2 since the cinema, all this talk about 3 makes me want to do so! I remember quite enjoying it, even if the Avengers stuff is a bit full-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I think, though, that if IM2 didn't have the references and set up to the other avengers, a lot of people would probably have bitched about that lack after the Avengers film ("where the hell was SHIELD when all those robots where attacking the conference centre at the end").

For IM3, there's no more set up needed, and references will be mimimal: SHIELD shouldn't feature much, as its rebuilding after the attack on the helicarrier;
    Thor is in Asgard;
    Captain America is either with SHIELD, or off learning about the modern world;
    Hulk/ Banner should be referenced (because of the ending of the Avengers), but all they need is a short scene where Banner bangs his head, Hulks out, and decides to leave for everyones safety (Assuming they don't have him working with SHIELD with something).

IM3 should be entirely Iron Man's story, with little or no interference from the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

You're right in a since but even in Thor they went with minimal set up for the avengers and the one major plot point in that movie(how thor gets back to earth) is more or less abandoned in one line, I definitly think IM2 could have done without Widow to an extent (although i didn't mind the eye candy) it just seemed a little bit too much,

With Vanko, Rhodey and Justin Hammer it just felt like they tried to cram too much into one movie i'd have prefered they droped the War Machine Story for another time too, I mean the Vanko backstory was awesome had they gotten more into it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Sarxos

The new Iron Man 3 poster is pretty sweet.

iron-man-3-poster21-300x437.jpg

That looks so cool :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

And this way up.
    97363492-9FE2-4A3A-9A74-2E3BD65C7374-1088-000000FD943B62AE.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

^^^
    I hope that is still under warranty.

TV Spot from the Superbowl is very Air Force One-y.

Plus an extended version via Facebook.

That's freaking sweet, reminds me of Demon in a Bottle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Thrawn

Showing Superman how to do it! :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Spotted this on Reddit:

4v8spSg.jpg

Haven't seen any other character posters doing the rounds though.

This is the first. It was just released a few hours ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I really don't like Don Cheadle.

I think he's mostly rubbish.

MURICA!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,966 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont like the war machine in general

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Gbear wrote: »
    I really don't like Don Cheadle.

I think he's mostly rubbish.

he was great in Out Of Sight, and terrible in mostly anything else. especially his cor blimey guvnah accent in Ocean's 11, the fook was that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,980 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

TheUsual wrote: »
    ^^^
    I hope that is still under warranty.
    actually it looks like Extremis is assembling in mid-air

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Would have preferred if Howard retained the role if not for money issues. Next time baby...unfortunately not. :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭drumslate

To be honest I don't have great expectations for this as 2 wasn't half as good as the first Iron Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Would have preferred if Howard retained the role if not for money issues. Next time baby...unfortunately not. :pac:
    Agree on this - I like Cheadle but he's not a right fit for the role imo

Marvel has released a second character poster. This one features Guy Pearce as Dr. Aldrich Killian, the scientist who invented the Extremis virus in the Marvel universe.

iron-man-3-poster-pearce-300x451.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Sarxos wrote: »
    Marvel has released a second character poster. This one features Guy Pearce as Dr. Aldrich Killian, the scientist who invented the Extremis virus in the Marvel universe.

Is that... a mullet?

Advertisement