Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Man 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

don ramo wrote: »
    anyone notice the giant hugh boobed rabbit in the trailer,

Screen-Shot-2012-10-23-at-9.01.19-AM.png
    [imr]http://static03.mediaite.com/themarysue/uploads/2012/10/tumblr_mccw08LRse1qzd6hv.png[/img]

didnt notice it myself thought someone was taking the piss when i heard it :D:D

I noticed the rabbit alrite but not that it had big boobs....weird

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

don ramo wrote: »
    anyone notice the giant hugh boobed rabbit in the trailer,

Screen-Shot-2012-10-23-at-9.01.19-AM.png
    tumblr_mccw08LRse1qzd6hv.png

didnt notice it myself thought someone was taking the piss when i heard it :D:D

Fairly certain they're supposed to be its front legs but yeah, doesn't look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Boo Radley wrote: »
    Fairly certain they're supposed to be its front legs but yeah, doesn't look great.
    LOL probably, suppose shell be called stumpy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

One has to wonder where Rodgers and Banner are while Stark is seemingly under a lot of pressure here. Thor will be off fighting all over the other realms so at least he has an excuse. :pac:

Well, Rodgers is probably off straightening out his own **** (i.e. still getting used to the 21st century) and Banner probably pulled a disappearing act, as his character does from time to time (most likely still on the run from General Ross).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I wouldn't say a cameo by either would be out of the question.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,741 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

TRA0220_v0191013_R_720.jpg
    You know, thinking back to this photo, I'm peeved off how light the suit must be. It doesn't even make a dent in the cushion.

Compared to the first movie, where he falls through the roof, a solid marble floor, a piano, and decimates a sports car.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Overheal wrote: »
    You know, thinking back to this photo, I'm peeved off how light the suit must be. It doesn't even make a dent in the cushion.

Compared to the first movie, where he falls through the roof, a solid marble floor, a piano, and decimates a sports car.

He must've bought it from Cost Plus Sofas. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cant be a real world picture, RDJ alone would make a dent in the sofa!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Dodgy or unfinished CGI, I assume.

Anyway the trailer has really peeked my interest in this. I didn't realise Black was directing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

To be fair, that's after falling from several hundred metres.

It could be that he doesn't actually sit and the suit is holding him in place slightly above the seat.;)

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    To be fair, that's after falling from several hundred metres.
    It was 2 feet. "...Kill Power."
    It could be that he doesn't actually sit and the suit is holding him in place slightly above the seat.;)
    Unlikely.

Love the Dunce cap on the robot in the background
    Also: how did he get the Mark II back in the case? That's War Machine now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Japan version of the trailer new stuff that are not in the first one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Mixed feelings about this. Loved Iron Man 1, not so much 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Joekers wrote: »
    Japan version of the trailer new stuff that are not in the first one

It looks like, based on that trailer, that
    Tony uses a self-destruct on his other suits to prevent them from being taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Otacon wrote: »
    It looks like, based on that trailer, that
    Tony uses a self-destruct on his other suits to prevent them from being taken.

Agreed, I'd say that very likely

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Raf32 wrote: »
    Mixed feelings about this. Loved Iron Man 1, not so much 2.

2 was awful. The key thing is that Downey knows it was awful. He has said as much. They wont make the same mistake again, especially after seeing how well the Avengers did.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

2 had a few good moments, the Monaco scene was cool, overall it was a mess though but its nowhere near as bad as its made out to be.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,151 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    2 had a few good moments, the Monaco scene was cool, overall it was a mess though but its nowhere near as bad as its made out to be.

THe alarm bells should have been ringing when they chose AC/DC over Tom Waits in fairness:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I thought 2 was okay the fact that they made up a villian more or less was the problem (that and the overuse of shield) made it a mess really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Iron Man gets his ass kicked by Gandhi.

This one I have to see myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I've never read extremis beyond a wiki plot summery. This is not the storyline where the suit becomes sentient right? the trailer confuses me at points cause you can see shots of the suit and Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm looking forward to this mostly because of Shane Black's involvement, you're guaranteed brilliant dialogue and he's already worked with RDJ so it could be something special and bring the spark the first one had back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Gbear wrote: »

I really wish crap superhero films would **** off for a few years.

FYP.

This year we had "The Amazing Spider-man", "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Avengers", all solid movies.

We had years of terrible superhero movies, or none at all. This has been a good year. If you, personally, are tired of them then go watch something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,884 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

syklops wrote: »
    FYP.

This year we had "The Amazing Spider-man", "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Avengers", all solid movies.

We had years of terrible superhero movies, or none at all. This has been a good year. If you, personally, are tired of them then go watch something else.

shudder just went down my spine

Headshot wrote: »
    shudder just went down my spine

Shudder all you want, I thought it was awesome. That is what I was hoping for with Sam Raimi's Spiderman.

The wise cracking, smart, can build stuff Spidey is on the big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

Really looking forward to this, particularly the additional edgier element to Stark's and his alterego's character.The original was very enjoyable, with the sequel being a flawed but by no means disasterous effort (There's been worse!:p).

In relation to the mass emergence of superhero movies, I have to credit a lot of them for reigniting my interest in certain characters. Although I would regularly keep up to date with the storylines of my firm favourites, some characters (like Iron Man) never really appealed until seeing them in the likes of the cracking Civil War storyline a few years back and in the movies.

I say credit to the likes of the quality superhero movies which raise popularity of the graphic novel and provide another medium for wider audiences to experience these great characters and stories!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

syklops wrote: »
    Shudder all you want, I thought it was awesome. That is what I was hoping for with Sam Raimi's Spiderman.

The wise cracking, smart, can build stuff Spidey is on the big screen.

You must have been watching a different spiderman, because all I saw was a skate boarding hipster douchebag who attached a cd drive motor to a door bolt and an industrial web extruder to a watch. He didn't even invent the damn web fluid ffs.

You must have been watching a different spiderman, because all I saw was a skate boarding hipster douchebag who attached a cd drive motor to a door bolt and an industrial web extruder to a watch. He didn't even invent the damn web fluid ffs.

Douchebag?

Not inventing the web is a hell of a lot better than it being an unexplanable and unforeseen side effect of the mutation. Especially, concidering the novelisation of the Raimi movie poked fun at it by pointing out that a spiders web usually comes out of a spiders ass. It stayed true for the most part to the original storyline, having Gwen in it rather than the more modern take of Mary Jane.

"Oh no! You found my weakness: small knives!" thwip-thwip.

Wise cracking, funny, Spidey is back(or is here, since he never got here before). The lizard was a bit meh, but doing the green goblin again would have bored audiences.

• Advertisement

I thought 2 was okay the fact that they made up a villian more or less was the problem (that and the overuse of shield) made it a mess really
    Hammer and Whiplash are both from the comics..
    BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I've never read extremis beyond a wiki plot summery. This is not the storyline where the suit becomes sentient right? the trailer confuses me at points cause you can see shots of the suit and Tony
    The Extremis arc is where Tony begins to realize he is the suit's bottleneck, that there's that point in time where the suit is getting too complicated for him to operate and his reaction times aren't fast enough; the suit is also bogged down with support and control systems, etc. - using Extremis offloads a lot of that into nanites which link Him and the Suit in a way that eliminates both problems.

The sentient story arc I think happens later. I never read it.

You can get the Extremis story arc as an eBook on the comixology app for Android/iOS/Kindle/Nook?/Windows 8 or it's part of the Netflix library as a "motion comic"

Advertisement