Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Man 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Trailer is up:http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=FSkUyHT9ICk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DFSkUyHT9ICk

Looks very interesting and different.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Looks good, and fairly dark in tone, and that's not necessarily a bad thing at all.

Can't be any worse than Iron Man 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Looks great, looking forward to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Good trailer, worth pausing the trailer at 1:12, tis pretty funny :P Also, notice the tattoo http://i.imgur.com/FbtlR.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

have to admit i wasnt expecting THAT .

The whole tone of this one looks like it could be fantastic.

kinda intrigued as to what theyre going to do with the mandarin though. seems to be a retred of the lad from ironman 1 in this so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Well impressed, and it's hard to figure out exactly what is going on so that's good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

My reaction: hgilfagfwpeig.

I can't wait for this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Extremis influence stands out in that trailer. The Norman Osborne Iron Patriot armour looks to be a nod to the comics. Am guessing it will be controlled by the Extremis virus rather than a human. I wonder though could there be a Norman Osborne guest appearance at some point, maybe a post credits sort of thing, that shows him getting/finding the Iron Patriot suit and then setting up a Dark Avengers storyline for the next Avengers film rather than using Thanos.

Norman Osborne's armour from the comic storyline from 2 to 3 years back.

th?id=I.4521699383117427&pid=15.1

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Kess73 wrote: »
    The Extremis influence stands out in that trailer. The Norman Osborne Iron Patriot armour looks to be a nod to the comics. Am guessing it will be controlled by the Extremis virus rather than a human. I wonder though could there be a Norman Osborne guest appearance at some point, maybe a post credits sort of thing, that shows him getting/finding the Iron Patriot suit and then setting up a Dark Avengers storyline for the next Avengers film rather than using Thanos.

Norman Osborne's armour from the comic storyline from 2 to 3 years back.

th?id=I.4521699383117427&pid=15.1

Not sure if that'll happen. Sony own the Spiderman franchise so I'd imagine Norman Osbourne falls under their control. The suit also has James Rhodes printed on it in another still I've seen elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Really like the look of that trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Basq wrote: »
    Looks good, and fairly dark in tone, and that's not necessarily a bad thing at all.

Can't be any worse than Iron Man 2.

The darker the better .
    Iron Man 2 was rubbish ,it was like a spoof of Iron Man 1 ,a pantomine with superfluous irritating characters.
    Hopefully this will be an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Dark avengers will never happen imo, firstly marvel doesnt own the rights to 3 of them osbourne daken and venom, and were still a ways off seeing greek gods so that probaly rules out ares too plus there so many great avenger vilians to chose from, kang,masters of evil,the kree,and countless others that marvel do have the rights to

veXual wrote: »
    Not sure if that'll happen. Sony own the Spiderman franchise so I'd imagine Norman Osbourne falls under their control. The suit also has James Rhodes printed on it in another still I've seen elsewhere.

Doubt if Sony have total control over the character tbh, and the version used in the Spiderman films was the Green Goblin Osborn. The version I am talking about is the Iron Patriot one and the armour in the trailer is very very similar to the Iron Patriot armour.

There has also been little bits here and there within the Marvel/Disney films that acknowleged Oscorp.

Norman Osborn may be a traditional Spidey bad guy, but to a lot of the young comic readers in recent years he has been the big bad for the Marvel universe and especially the Avengers given he created his own team of Avengers and pretty much took the place of the proper Avengers. Osborn before and during the Dark Avengers run also pretty much went after any bit of Stark tech that he could and went after the armour as well.

The idea is probably a far fetched one, but it is one that could make sense and that could be slipped into the series.

Dark avengers will never happen imo, firstly marvel doesnt own the rights to 3 of them osbourne daken and venom, and were still a ways off seeing greek gods so that probaly rules out ares too plus there so many great avenger vilians to chose from, kang,masters of evil,the kree,and countless others that marvel do have the rights to

Of course a version of Dark Avengers could happen if Marvel wanted it to. They would not have to use the exact same characters or the exact same storylines as in the comics, just a variation of them or just use the DA storyline as a loose influence for a film. Hell they could just have some other Marvel character come in and take the Iron Patriot armour in a post credit bit.

They have mixed and matched a number of different comic storylines in each of the standalone Marvel films as well as in the Avengers film so they could and most likely will do likewise going forward.

We already know that the new Iron Man film will be heavily influenced by the Extremis storyline from the comics so in my eyes any of the more recent storylines are fair game as a major influence or even as just a sub plot type influence.

And the Extremis storyline does have connections to two of the bigger storylines that followed in the comics, both Secret Invasion and DA. Not saying that those storylines will be next in line, but certain aspects of them could be.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

i'm pretty sure they debunked rumours that Iron Patriot is in this at all, thats just War Machine we're seeing. Could be mis-direction on their part I suppose.

I like the trailer, good angle to take having Stark be traumatised after the events in Avengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

So its not the Iron Patriot then? Well, not Osborne, it's still War Machine but in a different color? The comic geeks will lose their minds!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gintonious wrote: »
    So its not the Iron Patriot then? Well, not Osborne, it's still War Machine but in a different color? The comic geeks will lose their minds!

I'm pretty sure the above poster was right regards Osborne being owned by Sony anyway, though they probably don't own the name Iron Patriot, maybe they'll have WM become IP? Unlikely I'd imagine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Great trailer, genuinely excited now, only another 7 months to go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just saw the trailer. I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Looking forward this, especially since unlike many I like Iron Man 1 and 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Kess73 wrote: »
    Of course a version of Dark Avengers could happen if Marvel wanted it to. They would not have to use the exact same characters or the exact same storylines as in the comics, just a variation of them or just use the DA storyline as a loose influence for a film. Hell they could just have some other Marvel character come in and take the Iron Patriot armour in a post credit bit.

They have mixed and matched a number of different comic storylines in each of the standalone Marvel films as well as in the Avengers film so they could and most likely will do likewise going forward.

We already know that the new Iron Man film will be heavily influenced by the Extremis storyline from the comics so in my eyes any of the more recent storylines are fair game as a major influence or even as just a sub plot type influence.

And the Extremis storyline does have connections to two of the bigger storylines that followed in the comics, both Secret Invasion and DA. Not saying that those storylines will be next in line, but certain aspects of them could be.

Yeah it could happen alright but it would as you say be very diffrent than what happened in the comics, Where Spiderman,Wolveirine, Ms Marvel all were part of the Avengers at that time, and were replaced by Venom, Daken and Moonstone

Moonstone hasn't been introduced yet but hopefully will , Daken and Wolverine are both at the moment owned by Fox and Spidey, Venom and of course Osbourne himself are all owned by Sony,

I wouldn't like to see it personally myself unless they did it right as it was a great story in its own right, Another reason I think is, the universe as it stands is still only begining the Avengers themselves are only new to the universe , I'd hope we'll see Ultron possibly as the third movies villian after been introduced in Antman as it is Pym who creates him

As for Iron Man i think this has the possibility to be fantastic, Finally using the Mandarin who Iron Mans joker,loki or red skull, his main nemesis in the comics and bringing in Extremis into it aswell , I just cannot wait

I wouldn't like to see it personally myself unless they did it right as it was a great story in its own right, Another reason I think is, the universe as it stands is still only begining the Avengers themselves are only new to the universe , I'd hope we'll see Ultron possibly as the third movies villian after been introduced in Antman as it is Pym who creates him

I reckon the third Avengers film will be a version of World War Hulk with the stand alone Hulk movie in between Avengers 2 & 3 being Planet Hulk. I think the Planet Hulk storyline is their best chance at making a great Hulk film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

tumblr_mccw08qfBj1qlhhx4o1_r1_500.gif
    tumblr_mccw08qfBj1qlhhx4o2_500.gif

tumblr_mcde8u4Xjn1r7guhqo2_500.gif
    tumblr_mcde8u4Xjn1r7guhqo3_500.gif
    tumblr_mcde8u4Xjn1r7guhqo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mcde2spSNK1qgms2yo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,672 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I like the direction they took the suit in. It served a couple of the comic book stylings: remote controlled/autonomous armor, for one. For another, the original extremis wasn't nanite based but as we see in the trailer was simply a mash of several pieces that fly on. This is just a radical next step from the Mark VII armor seen at the end of avengers

Which in itself Whedon wanted designed as a marriage between the Mark V suitcase and the Mark VI armor. All the coolness of the suitcase suit but with the armament for the movie's climatic ending.

Extremis, Mark VIII fits this role even further: The suit is not only always nearby Tony at all times, but it's active, can fight, and when he needs to put it on can easily 'explode' and wrap itself around him (which is something that has always bugged me about the Helicarrier scene in Avengers where Tony just strolls up to his strongbox and powers up a fully assembled Mark VI suit). So the Iron Man really is Tony's body guard - much like the cover story the comic book took for decades, that the ending of Iron Man 1 completely throws out the window. "He's my bodyguard?" "The truth is -... I am Iron Man."

TRA0220_v0191013_R_720.jpg
    CA-02666_R_720.jpg
    CA-05559_R_720.jpg
    CA-05681_R_720.jpg
    SCT0140_v1701082_R_720.jpg
    SCT0320_v1441114_R_720.jpg
    TRA0346_v0011027_R_720.jpg
    TRB0370_v1181126_R_720.jpg
    508563b9dc2ac.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Overheal wrote: »
    SCT0320_v1441114_R_720.jpg

Love the Dunce cap on the robot in the background

Love the Dunce cap on the robot in the background
    Dummy is still on fire safety.

Going by those stills where Pepper is looking at the helmet in the rubble and the shots of Stark trudging through the snow in the trailer, I wonder does everyone think Tony is dead after the mansion collapse or something so he goes off on some kind of odyssey by himself? Maybe that's wht drive War Machine to go all Iron Patriot to fight the terrorists who did it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

One has to wonder where Rodgers and Banner are while Stark is seemingly under a lot of pressure here. Thor will be off fighting all over the other realms so at least he has an excuse. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

anyone notice the giant hugh boobed rabbit in the trailer,

Screen-Shot-2012-10-23-at-9.01.19-AM.png
    tumblr_mccw08LRse1qzd6hv.png

didnt notice it myself thought someone was taking the piss when i heard it :D:D

Advertisement