Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Man 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,935 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

644417_10151454875002290_1221839775_n.jpg

New Trailer

edit: aaaaaaaaand it's a total nerdgasm. Confirms our best possible fears. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Looks epic, Im now even more so looking forward to this :).

The apparent climatic fight scene resembles the Matt Fraction storyline. Which, I liked a lot. I don't want to hype this, but it will be hard for them to **** this movie up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Yippee.

**** them for not releasing it tomorrow though.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Overheal wrote: »
    Exactly! It didn't matter how bad the rest of the movie was, they put the best 10 seconds in the end of a trailer with sabbath, and it sold millions of tickets as a result :pac:

him kicking the car with Pepper and Happy in it was cool too great shot as it slides away and he's standing there looking like a total badass.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

'You came to the wrong neighborhood motherf***er'

i8k5iClMLYwLO.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The toy marketing people must be creaming themselves.

Imagine all the possibilities.

I bet the toys will still end up being ****e though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

aaaand its time to avoid this thread till late April :pac: already know too much, no idea if the other suits are controlled by Tony or other people or what but I'll find out soon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So, looks like yet another finale featuring variations of the powersuit? Uhm, I love Shane Black n' all, but ... really? Was this the best they could come up with, even with the Avengers giving them (literally) the universe to play with? Obviously I don't want to read too much into one trailer, but it seems odd they'd go back to that particular well yet again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

well its a iron man film people watch it for the power armor fights and fancy cgi to a fairly large extend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Oh yeah.

Going to be awesome, I predict millions of nerds exploding waiting for this film to come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Sarxos

Screen Rant's look at all of the armours is really good, but full of spoliers!

krudler wrote: »
    aaaand its time to avoid this thread till late April :pac: already know too much, no idea if the other suits are controlled by Tony or other people or what but I'll find out soon
    Autonomous, per the comic books.

Not sure if spoiler, but the overall plot im gathering from the trailer seems to be
    a mix of Extremis and the Matt Fraction arc. Extremis was short enough, explaining how Tony gets to the point where the suit basically flies onto him and the tech gets so advanced it can control itself. The entire Matt Fraction arc (which went for a couple years in the comic production) was overall about Tony's "Nightmares" that the stark technology would not only become commonplace but weaponized and too easy to manufacturer. In the trailer, the Mandarin appears to wield some kind of bomb that would resemble some sci fi explosion - and is probably an Arc-reactor Bomb. The arc ultimately ends with Stark being forced by the mandarin to build some really apocalyptic **** (Titanomechs) but we wont see that in the movie... what we will see is instead of Tony suiting up a bunch of past villains, the Iron Army will be in the climax, as Mandarin pulls off whatever his mwahaha scheme is, and will get killed. The movie may possibly end with Tony figuring out how to weapon-proof his tech, as in the storyline, and free from the burden of worrying about his nightmares, dons some space armor and heads out; queue Guardians of the Galaxy perhaps.
    /braindump /$5 if right /$3.50 if somewhat right

The new international poster is pretty sweet. The theatrical version for Ireland will be very similar but without the armoury image at the bottom.

iron-man-3-latin-american-poster-300x425.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,181 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Kingsley sounds a bit like Carl Sagan in that trailer.

Because embedded Youtube is always better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Brother24

New Trailer is awesome! Can't wait to see it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Always better Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Kingsley sounds a bit like Carl Sagan in that trailer.

Is he supposed to be chinese?

Or does he just like the art style?

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    Is he supposed to be chinese?

Or does he just like the art style?
    For the movie universe, probably not. In the comics he is definitely asian though, and his rings are explained to be alien in nature, each of them is meant to have an alien consciousness inside like an Eldar Spirit Stone. In the comics, very much like Wraithlords, the Mandarin/Aliens planned on Stark building Titanomechs to use as vessels for each of the rings. Ten Titans in total would have taken over the globe. Which, also reminds me a lot of the Titans from the Dune sci-fi universe, except in that there were 20 of them, and each were originally human... /nerd ramble

I wonder what (if any) powers his rings may exhibit in the movie.

UK and Ireland theatrical poster

577385_300198596773757_565587747_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Thwip! wrote: »
    UK and Ireland theatrical poster

577385_300198596773757_565587747_n.jpg

Cant wait for this film, hopefully its more like 1 and less like 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Love the new trailer, I assume that is a sort of (prototype) Hulk-buster armor we see right at the end.

IMAX Poster
    BFwHhXLCMAEIo3j.jpg

This 15 second teaser TV spot is pretty good. I saw this scene in extended format at MovieFest last year.

That judo flip was a bit corny

edit: however, check out this AWESOME RELATED VIDEO

ha i liked the flip :P

I hope they just sped it up to fit into that teaser, it just looked unnatural

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Stop with the clips !!! I want to see some of it in the cinema :/ I mean marvel not you guys my will power to not watch them is uselesss

Advertisement