Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Man 3

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Saw it again last night.

I didn't read the comics but taken on it's own merit it's one of the better Marvel outings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

This film proves that comic book fans know fcuk all about what makes a film watchable. As long as you show something they read in a comic book years ago the nerds are happy. It's the highest grossing film of the year which is so sad it's laughable.

It's obvious you haven't read IM as this is something IM fans have not read in any comic. IM has been a second rate character in comic book history and book sales. He has hardly been able sustain his own comic. Since IM1 everything has changed for the character and that is all down to RDJ. The reason IM3 has done so well is down to him, this is essentially a movie about Tony Stark/RDJ who simply oozes charisma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

This film proves that comic book fans know fcuk all about what makes a film watchable. As long as you show something they read in a comic book years ago the nerds are happy. It's the highest grossing film of the year which is so sad it's laughable.
    Have you even read the comments here? Those of us that know the characters hated this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Have you even read the comments here? Those of us that know the characters hated this.

There too many pages but that's good to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I know the characters and I loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

don ramo wrote: »
    the biggest problem with this was that marvel didnt learn any lesson, Thor 2 was far superior to IM3, yet only pulled in half the amount at the BO, so marvel may even tweak Thor to be somewhat similar to IM in order to pull in more $$$ at the BO, imagine what shane black would do to a Thor film:o,

i dont understand the success IM3 got, it made no sense, and they wasted a great villain, i do admit the extremis storyline would be a good storyline, but i really felt cheated with what they done with the mandarin storyline, the part that really let the film down was when stark was with the kid and they went all CSI at the explosion crime scene and he was charging the suit in the kid garage, and all the smart comments for a guy who supposed to be suffer PTSD,

it was just simply a wasted opportunity,

Speaking of wasted oppurtinities, one of the trailers had a glimpse of the hulk-buster suit. I was very disappointed to discover that a glimpse was basically all you got and then he goes and destroys them all for no apparent reason. There were lots of wasted oppertunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I know the characters and I loved it.

Same here.

Advertisement