Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blade Runner becomes Blade Gunner **Mod Warning Read OP""

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

shed head wrote: »
    sounds ropey to me, does he sleep with his gun?? Domestic makes more sense! But innocent until proven guilty etc etc

If you.....

1. Lived in a country with an incredibly high crime / murder / rape rate and

2. Had no legs to begin with

you'd probably sleep with a gun under your pillow too.

I know I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Fizman wrote: »
    If you.....

1. Lived in a country with an incredibly high crime / murder / rape rate and

2. Had no legs to begin with

you'd probably sleep with a gun under your pillow too.

I know I would.

Yes, it wouldn't be unusual for people to sleep with weapons under their bed. Even as a teenager my husband slept with a baseball bat within easy reach.

The story does sound fishy in some ways but I think people need to realise just how dangerous some parts of SA are. Where my husband's family are from (south of Joburg) you cannot walk anywhere because you will be mugged. If you are wearing jewellery and you pop down to the shops it will be ripped off you. Car jackings are common and you don't stop at traffic lights at night. If his cousin's gf visits him and then drives home, he has to drive home in his own car after her to make sure he gets home safely.

People bitch so much about Ireland but sometimes, we don't know how lucky we are. I wouldn't live in SA for all the money in the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Oscar revealed his dark side to us in London, jealousy, anger and short temper were on display.

I am not surprised by his actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

It doesn't sound good at all.

Former calls to the house by police for alleged domestic abuse, and the opposition of bail.

The mistaken identity claims seemed a little suspect, imo. And if the the reports about 4/5 shots fired are true, that seems a little excessive to me.

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough anyway.

Tragic story though, whatever the facts may be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

tigger123 wrote: »
    Its such a pity they got rid of apartheid, eh?

He's right. I've been to South Africa and security is all people talk about. Most people have large ferocious dogs and electric fences. I heard some really scary stories. Murdering the occupants of a house that your robbing is pretty commonplace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

No more jokes please. They aren't funny.

To the posters bitching and moaning about the jokes. Not one post was reported.

That is the only funny thing about this thread.

Wattle wrote: »
    He's right. I've been to South Africa and security is all people talk about. Most people have large ferocious dogs and electric fences. I heard some really scary stories. Murdering the occupants of a house that your robbing is pretty commonplace.

My husband's family all have big dogs and they regularly get poisoned so people can break into the houses - makes me so sad :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Could this be the next OJ Simpson style murder case/trial???

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Charged with murder according to Rte. There was witnesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

paddy147 wrote: »
    Could this be the next OJ Simpson style murder case/trial???

If that's the case, he'll be let off when it turns out the bloodstained blade doesn't fit him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Living in a world of high walls, electric fences, armed patrols and still someone manages to shoot their loved one by accident assuming they are being burgled. If this is the case you'd have to wonder about the girlfriend thinking a surprise would be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Police are saying that they have no idea why people are assuming it was an accidental shooting

also...
    Just hours after news of the incident became public, police have told eNews Channel Africa that there have been allegations of previous incidents of a “domestic nature” at the home of Oscar Pistorius.

http://www.thejournal.ie/oscar-pistorius-shooting-girlfriend-795031-Feb2013/

Forgive me for not having much sympathy for the guy at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

What a shame, whatever happened may she RIP. Poor girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

A rather unfortunate advert, now removed from his website.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDDgpuqCIAA37TO.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It offends me that I don't know on whom's behalf I should be taking offence.

And I'm also offended that in the event that I find that I have, in fact, no reason to take offence, I'm not allowed use one of the 53 pun-based quips that have popped into my head in the past hour, for fear of offending someone else.

As a great man once said to a permiter guard at Oxegen many moons ago, "if I took a fence would you take offence?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Rascasse wrote: »
    A rather unfortunate advert, now removed from his website.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDDgpuqCIAA37TO.jpg:large

Nike are having a tough time of it lately re their clients.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

So if it isnt an accident..then why then did he shoot her???

Was it an arguement/fight that got of control and he went nutts?

Was she seeing someone else and he found out?

Did Oscar have this all planned in advance??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

absolutely devastating for him. How could you get over that?

For him!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭amacca

Fizman wrote: »
    Nike are having a tough time of it lately re their clients.

Yeah, poor old Nike..I really feel for them and their marketing/advertising department!

Such a fall from grace........

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Maryanne40 wrote: »
    Oscar can't just jump up out of bed and run/defend himself etc.
    That's a great point that I hadn't even considered. I imagine an amputee would feel especially vulnerable in the presence of a (possible) intruder.

The one thing this incident does provide is yet another example of why allowing people to arm themselves for protection against intruders is a monumentally idiotic idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Looks like Oscar went.....
    .. Wilde

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Terrrible story. I was a big fan of Oscar. Not anymore.
    RIP to Reeva Steenkamp.

I am forced to note on this thread - many boardsies are reacting with shock that someone would shoot an intruder first and ask questions later (if that is what happened - which I doubt). Everytime a thread comes up on gun control or home defence most of the people on thread say they will do the same. Well which is it boardsies ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Is all this sympathy because he is white?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

South African police have released an image of a weapon similar to the one used by pistorius...

http://m.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2009/01/02/pagesix/photos_galleries/G2063_photo37.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Fairly sure if Usain Bolt was the headliner here, the sympathy and shock would be even greater.

Why the obsessive need to bring colour into everything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

BEST THREAD TITLE EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yes. Because EVERY person here is a racist and would be calling for his execution if he was black. Amazing, you got us in one!

Jesus Christ

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

No, because she was......

When the news broke out, the story was that he thought he was shooting an intruder in stead of his girlfriend
    Of course if that would have been the truth, people show sympathy.

Now a few hours later however, it all seems to have happened a bit different and that is probably when you started hearing about it and cant understand the sympathy.

What has race got to do with it? It hasn't been mentioned or even alluded to in this entire thread. He's a person many people admire, therefore it is interesting that he shot someone, that's all there is too it.

Jesus, what is wrong with some people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,205 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I think the sympathy came before it was clarified that it wasnt a burglar, and he may have known what he was doing.

Advertisement