Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blade Runner becomes Blade Gunner **Mod Warning Read OP""

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Exactly. Its like a title someone would post just to get a few cheap 'thanks'

Not the intention, I'm good for thanks, but by all means take offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Thread title. Funny man...not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Oscar Pritorius is to be charged with murder in court later on today.

Just been anounced on Sky News there a minute ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Violent crime in South Africa is very high with armed guards posted at many apartment complexes and housing estates. Lots of walled in, gated communities like that.

Lots of people over there would shoot first if someone was coming in at 4am.

Why wouldn't she have a key? Or call ahead? Or know the alarm? Or say "it's me" if she set off the alarm ( if it was set off). This is, even if she wasn't living there. Which is unlikely.

Also unlikely is a 4am Valentines morning "surprise" by anybody. Valentines day is celebrated on valentines night not the morning before. And 4am?

The only reason why anybody believes the intruder story is because he got his story out and the press reported it. A fairer story would be "woman shot in house". The rest is editorialising. And the person to feel sorry for is her.

kneemos wrote: »
    Dodgey in what way.

Dodgey as in he shot her in the arm and head. But that is what people here are saying, crime is so bad here it would be an easy story to fabricate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

He must of been legless...

Bad taste aside, did you ever think that was going to be funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I don't know if I've misheard or not, but I thought I heard them say on Sky News that she was shot four times.

I'm open to correction on that, though.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Surely if there's a burglar in your house and you're about to kill them, you at least warn them :confused:
    Supposed the story is possible, but until we hear full details, I'm putting it down as "dodgy".

Maybe, but in SA the criminals will shoot you before the warning shot even comes. I have worked with lots of people here who will tell you stories of people they know that were murdered by burglars. They don't just break into your house and sneak around here, they find where the people are and tie them up. You would be just lucky if it stays at that and you don't end up with a bullet in your head after watching your wife being raped in front of you. Sad reality of Mandela's rainbow nation

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

yeah wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

If it is a case of mistaken for an intruder then this is really a horrible thing to happen.

Was always a fan of him and what he did. Terrible stuff altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

nummnutts wrote: »
    I don't know if I've misheard or not, but I thought I heard them say on Sky News that she was shot four times.

I'm open to correction on that, though.

Yeah, says 4 times on their website too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Maybe he was a bit deaf?

"Oscar, you don't have to run with the limbless".

"You want me to gun down the missus?"

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Bad taste aside, did you ever think that was going to be funny?

Happy valentine's day

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Gintonious wrote: »
    Was always a fan of him and what he did.
    To me he came across as a dickhead

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

Obligatory attempt at humour - His alibi on why he shot her is certainly an Oscar winning story.

Condolences to the woman and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Was really shocked when I heard this- I mean regardless of whether it was intentional or accidental, it's tragic. A young successful couple, one if whom overcame massive odds to get to where he is today (don't know her background) with everything to live for- then within a few minutes, everything is changed. It's crazy how one decision can totally change your life forever. RIP to the girl and hopefully the truth will come out, whatever her happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I'm sure he'll bounce back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Poor girl.

RIP.

Some classy posters round here this morning, but South Africa is far away so that makes her "fair game" according to boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Poor girl.

RIP.

Some classy posters round here this morning, but South Africa is far away so that makes her "fair game" according to boards.ie.

Norn Iron is far enough for me personally.

Gerry Adams, go f*ck yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

keeffo2005 wrote: »

Maybe, but in SA the criminals will shoot you before the warning shot even comes. I have worked with lots of people here who will tell you stories of people they know that were murdered by burglars. They don't just break into your house and sneak around here, they find where the people are and tie them up. You would be just lucky if it stays at that and you don't end up with a bullet in your head after watching your wife being raped in front of you. Sad reality of Mandela's rainbow nation

Its such a pity they got rid of apartheid, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Maryanne40

As an amputee myself I'm a big fan of Oscar Pistorius and am very sad to hear of this. Can I just say that as much as a lot of amputees are very able bodied wearing prostheses, these come off at night.....Oscar can't just jump up out of bed and run/defend himself etc. With my prosthesis nobody would even know I have any issue....without it I am disabled and vulnerable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Knowing what violent crime is like in South Africa hearing of someone shooting first and asking questions later does not surprise me at all. Very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Hmm.

Police neighbours heard shouting/disturbance earlier in the night.

Police have been called to property before for "domestic incidents".

Police don't know where the 'mistaken for a burglar' line came from (insinuating its not true and just press speculation).

Things not looking good for Oscar.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Police saying there were reports of domestic incidents at his address before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Knowing what violent crime is like in South Africa hearing of someone shooting first and asking questions later does not surprise me at all. Very sad.

Very true.

I'm just after breaking the news to my SA colleague (he is from Johannesburg - comes over and back several times per year) beside me. His first reaction was "Ah no", but he then went on to describe how this is a very real possibility.

It's not the first time this kind of thing has happened a high profile sports person over there.

"Former Springbok kills daughter in mistake for thief".
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/may/25/southafrica.rugbyunion

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Such a sad story, I followed him through the summer games and thought he was a brilliant role model. Can't believe it, absolutely devastating for him. How could you get over that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

really sad to hear this, i admire the guy. south africa has a reputation of being a violent country, a cousin of mine used to live there and its not the most pleasant a lot of the time, like others have said im sure its a case of him trying to defend himself in tragic circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

BBC: South African police will be opposing bail for Oscar Pistorius and say there are "other witnesses" to the shooting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

sounds ropey to me, does he sleep with his gun?? Domestic makes more sense! But innocent until proven guilty etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Fizman wrote: »
    It's not the first time this kind of thing has happened a high profile sports person over there.

"Former Springbok kills daughter in mistake for thief".
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/may/25/southafrica.rugbyunion

Sounds like a freakishly accurate shot :eek:
    Still, there's no excuse for shooting to kill someone who's leaving your property, surely?

Advertisement